Florida's Treasure Coast

Fourpeaked Volcano stirs after 10,000-year slumber

Alaska Volcano Observatory scientists confirmed this week what earlier photographs of steam plumes coming from near Cape Douglas suggested: Fourpeaked Volcano has become active after last erupting more than 10,000 years ago. Scientists are saying the volcano, about 100 miles southwest of Homer, is no longer extinct.

England, Lancashire
    Thanks for posting this! I used to live in Cordova AK. I also lived in Anchorage for awhile. I was actually in Anchorage when a previous eruption occurred-diff volcano, of course. But-I will never forget it. I was in a department store and they shut the store down and told people to go home. It was raining ash. Very frightening!

I will keep an eye on this one-as my family still lives in Alaska.
    This is my opinion..

Hope the volcano is just letting off a little steam and not ready to do a Krakatoa.
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.