GUILTY WI - Principal John Klang, 49, dies in Cazenovia school shooting, 29 Sept 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
Former Student Shoots, Critically Wounds Principal at Wisconsin School

Friday, September 29, 2006

WESTON, Wis. — The principal at Weston School was shot Friday morning by a former student who entered the school armed with multiple weapons, WKOW-TV reported.

The district told WKOW that Principal John Klang was shot, but would not confirm his condition. The school is in lockdown, but a district spokeswoman says students are safe.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216599,00.html

Just heard that as I was coming in to work. Checked it out on the net. Another small school - K thru 12. Another small town. And, it's homecoming this weekend. Sick, sick, sick.

Shadow205 said:
Former Student Shoots, Critically Wounds Principal at Wisconsin School

Friday, September 29, 2006

WESTON, Wis. — The principal at Weston School was shot Friday morning by a former student who entered the school armed with multiple weapons, WKOW-TV reported.

The district told WKOW that Principal John Klang was shot, but would not confirm his condition. The school is in lockdown, but a district spokeswoman says students are safe.
What the hell is wrong with kids these days?? I had my share of crappy teachers, but never, ever would have considered doing something like this. These kids have no respect for anybody anymore, and it's sad that this has become a trend instead of the rarity.

Michigan schools now have to have 2 lockdown drills per school year.

Here is another story that TG was stopped before another tragic ending:

KGET-TV
September 28, 2006

One day after a deadly high school shooting in Colorado, a Kern County student has been arrested with what investigators said was a hit list of fellow students and a teacher.Posted 9/28/06

BAKERSFIELD - (California)

The Sheriff's Department received a report around 2 p.m. that a Maricopa High School student was in possession of a list of names which the student intended to kill.

The list contained the name of one teacher and eight students.

School officials notified the teacher and students and the students' guardians.

The student with the list was not named. He was arrested on felony charges of making threats.

No further information has been released.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15053403/

Shadow205 said:
Here is another story that TG was stopped before another tragic ending:

KGET-TV
September 28, 2006

One day after a deadly high school shooting in Colorado, a Kern County student has been arrested with what investigators said was a hit list of fellow students and a teacher.Posted 9/28/06

BAKERSFIELD - (California)

The Sheriff's Department received a report around 2 p.m. that a Maricopa High School student was in possession of a list of names which the student intended to kill.

The list contained the name of one teacher and eight students.

School officials notified the teacher and students and the students' guardians.

The student with the list was not named. He was arrested on felony charges of making threats.

No further information has been released.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15053403/
So what/who in these kids lives leads them to believe that if somebody picks on you or is "mean to you" that you have the right to take their lives?? I got beat up all the time by a specific group of people in Jr. high. Finally I fought back and they left me alone. Did I fight with anything other than my fists, hell no! Let me guess...the parents are gonna claim..."I had no idea" give me a break:furious:

bakerprune64 said:
So what/who in these kids lives leads them to believe that if somebody picks on you or is "mean to you" that you have the right to take their lives?? I got beat up all the time by a specific group of people in Jr. high. Finally I fought back and they left me alone. Did I fight with anything other than my fists, hell no! Let me guess...the parents are gonna claim..."I had no idea" give me a break:furious:
I wonder if those violent video games where the player kills everyone has an effect? And I would say, easily accessible guns. :confused:

ljwf22 said:
I wonder if those violent video games where the player kills everyone has an effect? And I would say, easily accessible guns. :confused:
Yep, but not in my house. Gun owners need to be responsible even if there are no children in the home. We have a gun vault in our home, the combination is not written down anywhere for the kids to find it. Even if somebody broke into our home they couldn't get into it, they'd need a forklift to get the vault out. Video games could have something to do with it, or lack of parental supervision/nuturing. But that's JMO

ETA: Those violent video games cannot be purchased by kids, only 18 YO or older and they have to provide ID when purchasing. So if the parents are buying this crap for their kids, then they are just as much to blame.

An update:
"CAZENOVIA, Wis. - A ninth-grader shot his principal three times in a rural school just before classes were to start Friday, after a custodian wrested from the boy one of the two weapons he had carried into the building, the sheriff said. No one else was hurt.

The custodian took a shotgun from the 15-year-old before the student shot Weston Schools Principal John Klang with a handgun in the hallway near the school's main entrance, Sauk County Sheriff Randy Stammen said. The student was in custody, he said."

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060929/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting_10

What a shame, that children have to be afraid of going to school, parents have to worry, and teachers and principals must also live in fear.

Somethings way wrong with this picture. If we're going to bear arms, we need to be responsible and control them. Students and other members of society who desperately need mental health counseling need to get it.

What is causing this "rash of shootings"?

It doesn't sound to me like the Principal was the intended victim. With him taking 2 weapons into the school, it sounds like he inteded on shooting more than one person also. JMO of course.

I am a teacher in an alternative school for at-risk kids. My kids are really tough. What saves us (knock on wood) is small classes and close (as close as possible) relationships with our kids. I feel some comfort and safety knowing many of my students would try to warn or protect me. When I got ripped off one of my boys got the money back to me within an hour and the student who stole it was given the cold shoulder for several weeks. I have never felt unsafe except once, with a violent kid on meth. We called the cop shop (next door, TG) immediately. We have to file police reports every time one says anything remotely threatening. That's the world we live in today. They might say, "I'm gonna burn down this school" (one said that last week- and I knew he was just spouting off) and boom, police report must be filed, asap. We do lock-down drills more than twice a year.

Eve

eve said:
I am a teacher in an alternative school for at-risk kids. My kids are really tough. What saves us (knock on wood) is small classes and close (as close as possible) relationships with our kids. I feel some comfort and safety knowing many of my students would try to warn or protect me. When I got ripped off one of my boys got the money back to me within an hour and the student who stole it was given the cold shoulder for several weeks. I have never felt unsafe except once, with a violent kid on meth. We called the cop shop (next door, TG) immediately. We have to file police reports every time one says anything remotely threatening. That's the world we live in today. They might say, "I'm gonna burn down this school" (one said that last week- and I knew he was just spouting off) and boom, police report must be filed, asap. We do lock-down drills more than twice a year.

Eve

wow, Eve......
that makes sense to me....small classes & close as possible relationships w/the kids.....kudos to you for what you do :clap:

ETA...a 'knock on wood' for ya here also :)

close_enough said:
wow, Eve......
that makes sense to me....small classes & close as possible relationships w/the kids.....kudos to you for what you do :clap:

ETA...a 'knock on wood' for ya here also :)

Thanks, Close. Ten minutes ago I broke up a fight, a boy threw a handful of sharpened colored pencils in another boy's face. TGIF.

Eve

The principal of Wisconsin's Weston School died at a hospital Friday after being shot by a ninth grade student earlier in the day.

Principal John Klang was critically injured Friday morning when a 15-year old student armed with at least two weapons entered the building and shot him. He was taken by helicopter to UW Hospitals in Madison, spokeswoman Lisa Brunette said.

John Klang died at approximately 3:30pm after undergoing surgery, according to a statement. The hospital says a team of surgeons treated Klang for gunshot wounds to the head and chest.

An autopsy is reportedly scheduled for tomorrow.

Sauk County District Attorney Patricia Barrett says the 15-year who shot Klang expressed to a friend several days ago that he was unhappy with homecoming and the principal at Weston High School. Barrett says she plans to charge the boy with first-degree intentional homicide.

WESTON, Wis. — The principal of Wisconsin's Weston School died at a hospital Friday after being shot by a ninth grade student earlier in the day.

Principal John Klang was critically injured Friday morning when a 15-year old student armed with at least two weapons entered the building and shot him. He was taken by helicopter to UW Hospitals in Madison, spokeswoman Lisa Brunette said.

John Klang died at approximately 3:30pm after undergoing surgery, according to a statement. The hospital says a team of surgeons treated Klang for gunshot wounds to the head and chest.

An autopsy is reportedly scheduled for tomorrow

more at the link

Impulse and conduct disorders are very prevalent...Those with a "proper professional" diagnosis receive treatment; without a diagnosis or treatment - use your imagination. And remember, these are "new" disorders...borderline personality disorders, pervasive developmental disorders, ADHD, ADD, bipolar disorders, oppositional-defiant disorders, impulse control disorders, schizophrenia. Most kids who have been diagnosed suffer from two or more of the preceding disorders.

I'm not trying to excuse these kids, but hey, these kids are in information overload. In other words, these kids are being bombarded with too much info in too short time. They are not mature enough and have not been taught how to handle all this information or misinformation, if you will. Everything is "give me, give me, give me" and "I want, I want, I want"- NOW! Not later, NOW!

Video games, of which I play regularly, requires the player to "think on the fly"-to win you have to act now...or else. TV programs are much the same way. And with all that, both parents usually work so that their kids don't do without. My gosh, you sure don't want to be a bad parent and not provide your kid with a cell phone, Gameboy, or Playstation. Now couple or triple all that with school - test, test, test - Kids now have labels. You are either "advanced", "proficient", "basic" or "below basic"...or as I like to put it - smart, almost smart, dumb, or dumber.

If we as a people don't step back, take a deep breath, and give these kids a break...Lord have mercy on our souls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back