784 users online (94 members and 690 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Woman Smoking While Pumping Gas Ignites Fire, Burns Self And Car

http://www.local6.com/news/9979636/detail.html

A woman in Orange County, Fla., was injured when she ignited a fire while smoking a cigarette as she filled her car with gas, according to Local 6 News.

You know I thought EVERYONE knew not to smoke while around gas pumps much less while pumping gas. I also noticed in some of the celeb mags and on E that alot of the stars pump gas while talking on their cell phones. I thought that was a no no too.

Good grief

has anyone seen those news reports on starting the static electricity fires at the pump? Now those are scary.

Important thing to remember if your tank catches fire, leave the hose in the tank, do not try and take it out.

http://www.pei.org/static/

http://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/static.asp

She's lucky she survived...who in the world would think they could smoke while filling gas? Some things never amaze me

What a dumb*ss. I think it should be illegal to smoke within 100 feet of a gas station. Just yesterday, I was at a gas station, sitting in the car with two of my kids while my hubby pumped gas, when a beat up car pulled up to the pump next to us. Two guys were in the front seat with a toddler in the back. The guy in the passenger's seat was smoking with the window open while the driver went in and bought a pack of cigarettes. The driver comes back out, lights up as he's getting into the car and drives away. I didn't see where the match went. I freaked out thinking that this idiot could be throwing the match out near the pumps, igniting all of us while he speeds away. What a jerk! I felt so sorry for the little boy in the back. I can just imagine what type of home situation he's living in.

I agree with the no smoking near pumps. The entire gas station property should be off limits too cigarett smoking.

People don't understand that gasoline itself doesn't burn, it's the fumes from the gas. My son, when he was young, started a fire in our garage playing with a cap gun because fumes were leaking from our riding lawnmower. If you can smell gas, you're in a hazardous situation. No liquid needs to be present.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief

A woman in Orange County, Fla., was injured when she ignited a fire while smoking a cigarette as she filled her car with gas, according to Local 6 News.
    well I'm going to right now....That stupid ass got what she deserved! Even if she can't read the no smoking sign, the also print the little symbol for no smoking. Some people are such idiots. Do you think that her accident has stopped her from continuing to smoke?? And further more, the article states that she won't be fined??? WTF, they should slap a huge penalty on her for destroying the pump and endangering the welfare of others. JMO

I agree with the no smoking near pumps. The entire gas station property should be off limits too cigarett smoking.
    That would be kind of hard to do since all gas stations sell cigarettes. Maybe if they ban selling them from gas stations then there wouldn't be a big a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    well I'm going to right now....That stupid ass got what she deserved! Even if she can't read the no smoking sign, the also print the little symbol for no smoking. Some people are such idiots. Do you think that her accident has stopped her from continuing to smoke?? And further more, the article states that she won't be fined??? WTF, they should slap a huge penalty on her for destroying the pump and endangering the welfare of others. JMO
    She should be fined, but I'll bet she sues someone. Just wait...

And I do agree with what you said. Stupid fool.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth
    You know I thought EVERYONE knew not to smoke while around gas pumps much less while pumping gas. I also noticed in some of the celeb mags and on E that alot of the stars pump gas while talking on their cell phones. I thought that was a no no too.
    I thought so too, but I see it nearly every time I fill up!
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

You might be a redneck if.....
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

WTH, was she nuts. Anyone in their right mind, would know you can't do this. She's lucky she wasn't killed or burned worse! Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    She should be fined, but I'll bet she sues someone. Just wait...

And I do agree with what you said. Stupid fool.
    OMG! Could you imagine if everybody who was stupid could sue

Quote Originally Posted by lilpony
    WTH, was she nuts. Anyone in their right mind, would know you can't do this. She's lucky she wasn't killed or burned worse! Idiot
    So I wonder if they would have charged her if somebody else was injured?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast