Woman Smoking While Pumping Gas Ignites Fire, Burns Self And Car

You know I thought EVERYONE knew not to smoke while around gas pumps much less while pumping gas. I also noticed in some of the celeb mags and on E that alot of the stars pump gas while talking on their cell phones. I thought that was a no no too.

She's lucky she survived...who in the world would think they could smoke while filling gas? Some things never amaze me :rolleyes:

What a dumb*ss. I think it should be illegal to smoke within 100 feet of a gas station. Just yesterday, I was at a gas station, sitting in the car with two of my kids while my hubby pumped gas, when a beat up car pulled up to the pump next to us. Two guys were in the front seat with a toddler in the back. The guy in the passenger's seat was smoking with the window open while the driver went in and bought a pack of cigarettes. The driver comes back out, lights up as he's getting into the car and drives away. I didn't see where the match went. I freaked out thinking that this idiot could be throwing the match out near the pumps, igniting all of us while he speeds away. What a jerk! I felt so sorry for the little boy in the back. I can just imagine what type of home situation he's living in.

I agree with the no smoking near pumps. The entire gas station property should be off limits too cigarett smoking.

People don't understand that gasoline itself doesn't burn, it's the fumes from the gas. My son, when he was young, started a fire in our garage playing with a cap gun because fumes were leaking from our riding lawnmower. If you can smell gas, you're in a hazardous situation. No liquid needs to be present.

Beyond Belief said:
http://www.local6.com/news/9979636/detail.html

A woman in Orange County, Fla., was injured when she ignited a fire while smoking a cigarette as she filled her car with gas, according to Local 6 News.
well I'm going to :truce: right now....That stupid *advertiser censored* got what she deserved! Even if she can't read the no smoking sign, the also print the little symbol for no smoking. Some people are such idiots. Do you think that her accident has stopped her from continuing to smoke?? And further more, the article states that she won't be fined??? WTF, they should slap a huge penalty on her for destroying the pump and endangering the welfare of others. JMO

Beyond Belief said:
I agree with the no smoking near pumps. The entire gas station property should be off limits too cigarett smoking.
That would be kind of hard to do since all gas stations sell cigarettes. Maybe if they ban selling them from gas stations then there wouldn't be a big a problem.

bakerprune64 said:
well I'm going to :truce: right now....That stupid *advertiser censored* got what she deserved! Even if she can't read the no smoking sign, the also print the little symbol for no smoking. Some people are such idiots. Do you think that her accident has stopped her from continuing to smoke?? And further more, the article states that she won't be fined??? WTF, they should slap a huge penalty on her for destroying the pump and endangering the welfare of others. JMO

She should be fined, but I'll bet she sues someone. Just wait...

And I do agree with what you said. Stupid fool.

lizzybeth said:
You know I thought EVERYONE knew not to smoke while around gas pumps much less while pumping gas. I also noticed in some of the celeb mags and on E that alot of the stars pump gas while talking on their cell phones. I thought that was a no no too.
I thought so too, but I see it nearly every time I fill up! :rolleyes:

Beyond Belief said:
http://www.local6.com/news/9979636/detail.html

A woman in Orange County, Fla., was injured when she ignited a fire while smoking a cigarette as she filled her car with gas, according to Local 6 News.
WTH, was she nuts. Anyone in their right mind, would know you can't do this. She's lucky she wasn't killed or burned worse! Idiot

luvbeaches said:
She should be fined, but I'll bet she sues someone. Just wait...

And I do agree with what you said. Stupid fool.
OMG! Could you imagine if everybody who was stupid could sue:rolleyes:

lilpony said:
WTH, was she nuts. Anyone in their right mind, would know you can't do this. She's lucky she wasn't killed or burned worse! Idiot
So I wonder if they would have charged her if somebody else was injured?

bakerprune64 said:
Hey, make room in the trench for me. I 100% agree with you. Signs are posted at every pump...NO SMOKING. Yeah...she'll probablly sue...the warning wasn't BIG enough for her stupid *advertiser censored* to notice it.

bakerprune64 said:
OMG! Could you imagine if everybody who was stupid could sue:rolleyes:
Let's see, well there was the lady who sued McDonalds because their coffee was HOT. Oh and the guy who sued McDonald's (I think) because he said eating there caused him to become obese. There are other really stupid people who sue because they are the IDIOTS and think others are responsible for their stupidity. The one lawsuit I'm waiting for is for someone to sue their parents for giving them the STUPID gene. LOL

SadieMae said:
Let's see, well there was the lady who sued McDonalds because their coffee was HOT. Oh and the guy who sued McDonald's (I think) because he said eating there caused him to become obese. There are other really stupid people who sue because they are the IDIOTS and think others are responsible for their stupidity. The one lawsuit I'm waiting for is for someone to sue their parents for giving them the STUPID gene. LOL
:laugh: Don't give them any ideas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back