1144 users online (291 members and 853 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

NC Woman Tried to Kill Disabled Child

http://www.wxii12.com/news/9986486/d...210032006&ts=H

SPRING LAKE, N.C. -- Detectives have arrested a Cumberland County woman on attempted murder charges after finding a disabled child starving in her home.

Wesley Carter is a mentally retarded 12-year-old with cerebral palsy. Police said he was living with Stephanie Williams, a family friend. Authorities said Wesley weighed just 32 pounds when medics found him three weeks ago.

He was so filthy that emergency workers had to wash him before they could treat him.

~more at link~

The child can not help being disabled. Just b/c he is disabled and is not eady to take care of does not give anyone the right to decide he is unfit to live. It is hard caring for a disabled child, i used to work a family who's 16 year old was severley brain damaged from a car accident. I was one of her caregivers. Was it hard? Yes. Ws her mom ever frustrated? Yes. is it terribly heartbreaking to see something like this? of course. She sometimes in her weaker moments thought it would have been better for her daughter to have died that day than to live in pain daily, I know she always regretted these thoughts though after pulling herself together.. i don't know how they do it. never once have they ever hurt her or neglect her. they care for her wonderfully even through the hardest times. it has now been 15 years since the accident, she has never even had a bedsore after all these years being bedridden.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    The child can not help being disabled. Just b/c he is disabled and is not eady to take care of does not give anyone the right to decide he is unfit to live. It is hard caring for a disabled child, i used to work a family who's 16 year old was severley brain damaged from a car accident. I was one of her caregivers. Was it hard? Yes. Ws her mom ever frustrated? Yes. is it terribly heartbreaking to see something like this? of course. She sometimes in her weaker moments thought it would have been better for her daughter to have died that day than to live in pain daily, I know she always regretted these thoughts though after pulling herself together.. i don't know how they do it. never once have they ever hurt her or neglect her. they care for her wonderfully even through the hardest times. it has now been 15 years since the accident, she has never even had a bedsore after all these years being bedridden.
    I think it would take a pretty heartless person to leave a child dirty and hungry day after day. Even with the frustration of caring for a disabled child, most normal people could not do this. The mother you speak of truly cares for her daughter because it really is hard.

I noticed that this woman is not the mother. I wonder if she was getting paid by the state to take care of this child and really had no bond with the child. Her own children were clean, well dressed and well fed.

I can't find anything on this. Where is the mother in all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    I can't find anything on this. Where is the mother in all of this?
    I'm not sure. I'm guessing the child is in foster care. More details should be coming out soon.

Here's a little more plus a picture of the woman.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=4624880