GUILTY TX - Nurse Vickie Jackson charged in 10 patient deaths, 2000-2001

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A former hospital nurse pleaded no contest Tuesday to killing 10 patients nearly six years ago by injecting them with a drug used to temporarily halt breathing.

Vickie Dawn Jackson, 40, will be sentenced to life in prison, the maximum sentence she faced if she had been convicted by a jury.

Authorities have not offered a motive for the slayings.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/03/killer.nurse.ap/index.html

She was stupid to throw away a syringe with traces of the drug in her garbage.

i would suggest having the power of killing was her motive.

Floh said:
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A former hospital nurse pleaded no contest Tuesday to killing 10 patients nearly six years ago by injecting them with a drug used to temporarily halt breathing.

Vickie Dawn Jackson, 40, will be sentenced to life in prison, the maximum sentence she faced if she had been convicted by a jury.

Authorities have not offered a motive for the slayings.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/LAW/10/03/killer.nurse.ap/index.html

She was stupid to throw away a syringe with traces of the drug in her garbage.

i would suggest having the power of killing was her motive.
these people were smothered alive, forced to wait and die as their diaphragm just wouldn't move to take in air. The drug she used paralyzes the muscles, it doesn't make you stop breathing. You stop breathing because your muscles won't work to move your lungs in and out.They were awake and fully aware of everything that was happening if they were capable of being awake and aware. This is just aweful. what a sadist.:(

wow , that is such horrible info that really has not been addressed...thanks for the input...such pain and suffering...i hear...death penalty????

kcksum said:
these people were smothered alive, forced to wait and die as their diaphragm just wouldn't move to take in air. The drug she used paralyzes the muscles, it doesn't make you stop breathing. You stop breathing because your muscles won't work to move your lungs in and out.They were awake and fully aware of everything that was happening if they were capable of being awake and aware. This is just aweful. what a sadist.:(

Now i realise it's even more horrifying than i first imagined! :eek:

under the circumstances, a jury would have stuck the DP on her, wouldn't it.

This is horrible and sad. I wish I could be as good as the Amish and find forgiveness in my heart for people like this woman.

There are some crazy (not to mention "ignorant") health professionals out there----my hubby can tell you horror stories since he works in a hospital. Which is exactly another reason why whenever one of my kids has had to be hospitalized, I have stayed day and night with them. One daughter was in the hospital for 7 weeks (rare heart thing) and I literally lived there. I taught myself as much as I could about proper procedures and was very vigilant that everything was done by protocol. I caught one nurse injecting her IV lines without cleaning the ports first and I promptly went to the head nurse and made sure that that nurse never entered my daughters room again,,,,and she didn't. If that nurse would be so careless about a simple protocol, what else would she have been slack about??????

Feature article from July 2007:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/angel-of-death/

Nocona General was one of the smallest hospitals in the state. On any given day, there would rarely be more than fifteen patients there, scattered throughout eighteen rooms on a single hallway. At the beginning of her shift, Vickie would make a point of visiting all the patients, introducing herself as Nurse Vickie and telling them that if they needed anything, anything at all, just to let her know...

On December 11, 2000, however, Vickie, who was then 34 years old, decided to make a slight change in her work routine. She filled a syringe with mivacurium chloride, a drug that paralyzes the respiratory system, and she began walking up and down the hospital’s hallway, looking for a patient to murder...

[A]lmost all of Vickie’s victims were townspeople she’d known, from elderly residents whom she had first cared for years ago at a nursing home and neighbors who’d lived just a few blocks away to parents of friends whom she had known since she was a teenager. One night, she injected mivacurium chloride into a slim, sexy woman her own age who frequented a country-western nightclub that Vickie also went to, and on another night, she injected mivacurium chloride into a bespectacled teenage girl who went to high school with her children...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back