WI - Missing Woman "Bodine"

GlitchWizard

Reprobate
Reaction score
Website
www.glitchwizard.com
A reporter contacted my pen pal and is trying to connect a missing woman in Wisconsin by the last name of Bodine with a victim of his in Alabama with the last name of Bodine. Can anyone help me find information on this woman to see if we can solve one of two mysteries.

1. Is there a photograph of a woman by the last name of Bodine, who shot her husband in 1993 near Wisconsin, then went missing? We'd like to identify her and give her family some closure.

2. I am lousy at searching and can't find this woman - is she really missing? The reporter asked him some graphic questions in addition to the ones that might help identify her - inappropriate questions the family would not want to know.

My pen pal would like the family to know what happened to their family member, even if she did kill her husband and run away. Any help would be appreciated.

This woman was murdered in 1993, but she was found in Georgia. She may have been named Bodine. There is a photo your pen pal can look at.

Marie said:
This woman was murdered in 1993, but she was found in Georgia. She may have been named Bodine. There is a photo your pen pal can look at.
Yes, this is the victim he killed. She has not been identified, however. A reporter contacted him and said there was a missing person in Wisconsin with the name Bodine who killed her husband and went missing right afterwards.

Since the reporter asked weird questions, we are wondering if there really is a missing lady in Wisconsin, and if the woman you found the picture of is her.

Thank you for the picture of the unidentified but found woman. Any chance you can find a photo of the missing woman from Wisconsin to see if it's her?

Glitch, if this Georgia woman is the one murdered then why did the reporter say the victim was in Alabama? I'm confused or missing something. And why is a reporter looking into this case?

I did not find on the Charley Project, Doe Network, or NCMEC any woman listed as missing from Wisconsin in 1993 or named Bodine. You wrote "near" Wisconsin - was she from another nearby state? I assume that if she shot and killed her husband there would be news article's about it. Do you know which city this supposedly happened?

And I assume your pen pal does not know what her relative looks like? Or else she would know if this Georgia woman was her relative, right?

On the Social Security Death Index there is no listing for any Bodine who died in 1993 in either Georgia, Wisconsin or Alabama.

Marie said:
Glitch, if this Georgia woman is the one murdered then why did the reporter say the victim was in Alabama? I'm confused or missing something. And why is a reporter looking into this case?

I did not find on the Charley Project, Doe Network, or NCMEC any woman listed as missing from Wisconsin in 1993 or named Bodine. You wrote "near" Wisconsin - was she from another nearby state? I assume that if she shot and killed her husband there would be news article's about it. Do you know which city this supposedly happened?

And I assume your pen pal does not know what her relative looks like? Or else she would know if this Georgia woman was her relative, right?
:doh: I meant Atlanta, not Alabama. Good grief, I'm sorry.

My pen pal is a serial killer that killed a hooker, not a family member. The hooker is the one that you gave me the picture of in Georgia. He knows what she looks like and believes she said her last name was Bodine. She is unidentified by the police at this time and he has not been charged in her murder yet, but is already on Death Row for another murder.

I think you just confirmed for me that the reporter that wrote to my pen pal was a fake, and was just wanting a gory letter from a serial killer. If there is no real woman missing from Wisconsin that killed her husband, the so called reporter lied. Thank you so much.

My pen pal refused to answer some of the questions of the "reporter" such as "what was the look on her face when she was being attacked" and only answered questions as to her general age and appearance, trying to help identify her. I had the feeling the so called reporter was a "serial killer fan" which I'm thinking are sicker in the head than the actual murderers sometimes.

Thanks SO MUCH for knowing where to look. He's faced his other victims families and knows how much he has hurt them - he was concerned there was another family out there that was needing closure, and wanted to give it to them. He was taken in by a fake. Thanks so much!

I re-read how I wrote my first post and I see how you thought someone was looking for closure for their own family. No. My pen pal is the bad guy here, and thought he was going to help another family get closure for what he had done. I'm sorry for the mix up.

Ok, I understand everything now, lol. I would have never guessed that your penpal was the murderer which is why I wasn't quite understanding what you wrote.

Yes, I agree the reporter sounds like a sick fake, especially given that there are no Bodine's on the SSDI for 1993. I bet a lot of that type of lying goes on. It's possible that the woman who murdered her husband is not listed as missing (Wanted would be more like it) and not anywhere near all the missing are listed on-line, but if her husband is dead and he ever used his SS# then he should be listed.

Since the vic was a hooker, Bodine could have been a nickname, can't imagine that she would have given her real name unless they knew each other outside of john/hooker.

I hope some day this woman is given back her name.

I hope so too. I was hoping the "missing woman" was real. It would have explained alot as to why she didn't plead for her life, fight back or resist her death. Those questions can't be answered until we identify the dead woman (who was around 50 years old).

As it stands, since it's not real, it would make for a good story line for a fiction book. Lady kills husband and runs away to start another life as a prostitute, then comes across a serial killer to release her from her guilt...

Thank you for everything. I hate that it didn't come up with a good ending that a family would have closure - but it is nice to know there is no family in Wisconsin needing this closure in this case.

Marie said:
Ok, I understand everything now, lol. I would have never guessed that your penpal was the murderer which is why I wasn't quite understanding what you wrote.

Yes, I agree the reporter sounds like a sick fake, especially given that there are no Bodine's on the SSDI for 1993. I bet a lot of that type of lying goes on. It's possible that the woman who murdered her husband is not listed as missing (Wanted would be more like it) and not anywhere near all the missing are listed on-line, but if her husband is dead and he ever used his SS# then he should be listed.

Since the vic was a hooker, Bodine could have been a nickname, can't imagine that she would have given her real name unless they knew each other outside of john/hooker.

I hope some day this woman is given back her name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back