Babysitter picks up wrong kid

Why doesn't this school have a form for parents to fill out authorizing who is allowed to pick up their child? I taught preschool for years and would have never allowed someone to pick up a child w/o verifying they were on the list of names authorized by the parents and also checking their driver's license. Even if a child ran to someone willingly, I still asked them for ID if I had never met them.
This school definitely needs to change it's policy on who can pick up a child.
I also think the parents should have made sure the child and babysitter met. I can't imagine my dd at 5 yrs old just going home w/ a stranger.

I can't imagine sending someone to pick up my child that she didn't already know and trust.

kahskye said:
Why doesn't this school have a form for parents to fill out authorizing who is allowed to pick up their child? I taught preschool for years and would have never allowed someone to pick up a child w/o verifying they were on the list of names authorized by the parents and also checking their driver's license. Even if a child ran to someone willingly, I still asked them for ID if I had never met them.
This school definitely needs to change it's policy on who can pick up a child.
I also think the parents should have made sure the child and babysitter met. I can't imagine my dd at 5 yrs old just going home w/ a stranger.

I thought the first rule when you hire a sitter or nanny was to introduce your child??

Observe how they get along??

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things, but it's also scary that the child would just go with someone who must have said, "I'm here to pick you up now, *name*".

Amraann said:
I thought the first rule when you hire a sitter or nanny was to introduce your child??
Apparently, this child's rule of thumb was to be - hitchiking, when he's not picked up!

I recall a lady coming to my house, supposedly to "interview me" about watching her children. Within 10 minutes, she was bringing a GALLON OF MILK that was in the car, to put in my refrigerator. She'd had her mind made up before even meeting me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back