1004 users online (180 members and 824 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,748

    Farrah Fawcett treated for cancer

    Farrah Fawcett has undergone surgery to treat cancer.

    The 59-year-old star of the original 'Charlie's Angels' TV series appeared to be glowing with health at the Emmy awards five weeks ago but has since had an operation to remove a tumour from her lower intestine.


    http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp...ted_for_cancer

    I hope she beats it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Farrah Fawcett has undergone surgery to treat cancer.

    The 59-year-old star of the original 'Charlie's Angels' TV series appeared to be glowing with health at the Emmy awards five weeks ago but has since had an operation to remove a tumour from her lower intestine.


    http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp...ted_for_cancer

    I hope she beats it.
    I did not even know that. I love her, with all of her drugged out talking on David letterman and all. I have always liked her, lol...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,715
    That's sad; I thought she was having to take care of her elderly father also.

    I hope the chemo doesn't mean it has spread.

    To me she doesn't look anything like her former self. she' moving back in with Ryan? Well, at least he must care about her. Maybe "dysfunction junction" is in the past.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    That's sad; I thought she was having to take care of her elderly father also.

    I hope the chemo doesn't mean it has spread.

    To me she doesn't look anything like her former self. she' moving back in with Ryan? Well, at least he must care about her. Maybe "dysfunction junction" is in the past.
    I think the Chemo is a standard course just to make sure it goes no further.
    Its hard to detect small amounts of spreading and surgery also can cause it to spread.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    779
    I don't know if there's a big difference between cancer of the small and large intestines and whether being lower even qualifies as large, but cancer of the small intestines is pretty much fatal even with full treatment. Sam Mills died of this cancer after less then 2 years and his survival time was longer then "expected" by the medical folks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,812
    Depends on where it is in the lower intestine and whether or not it had spread out through the wall of the bowel. Chances for survival are greatly increased if it has not spread out through the wall of the intestine. Often the cancer along with a portion of the bowel can be cut out and then the bowel sewn back together. Called an anastamosis (an-ass-ta-MO-sis) Other times it is necessary to perform a colostomy, which is where the person has to wear a "colostomy bag" - sometimes only for a while, other times forever.

    My mom had this cancer almost 15 years ago. She was able to have the anastamosis and never even had to have any chemo. She was in her late 60's then, is still going strong today.

    I'm not sure what the parameters are for them giving the chemo - I think it depends on the individual situation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,374
    This doesn't sound good--intestinal cancer can be quite deadly--but I'm praying for her to beat it--saw her recent reality show on TV land,she was such a ditz,but I still found her endearing---O' Neal has cancer too,but he's lucky that his form of leukemia can be treated with Gleevac--he may very well live a normal life

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    This doesn't sound good--intestinal cancer can be quite deadly--but I'm praying for her to beat it--saw her recent reality show on TV land,she was such a ditz,but I still found her endearing---O' Neal has cancer too,but he's lucky that his form of leukemia can be treated with Gleevac--he may very well live a normal life
    I hope she will be ok too. I am praying for her as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,834
    I read somewhere (forget) that the cancer is in her intestines and they were calling it anal cancer. Is that the proper term for intestinal cancer?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,206
    Oh wow, thats so sad about Farrah. Doesn't it seem that cancer seems to be running rampant? It does to me. Thats all I hear anymore, that someone has cancer. Its scares the heck out of me. Whats up with all this cancer, whats causing so much of it? I wish I knew. I pray for health!!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    779
    Why would they not call it colon cancer? Rectal would be more colon type cancer which while never a good thing is curable if caught early enough. I hope for her sake it is colon.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,374
    publicist refuses to discuss what type of cancer it is,but admitted that it was a fast-growing tumor---geez,I hope it hasn't spread--reportedly undergoing chemotherapy--

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton
    This doesn't sound good--intestinal cancer can be quite deadly--but I'm praying for her to beat it--saw her recent reality show on TV land,she was such a ditz,but I still found her endearing---O' Neal has cancer too,but he's lucky that his form of leukemia can be treated with Gleevac--he may very well live a normal life
    I didn't know Ryan O'Neal had cancer...oh, my. Both of them. They have a son, I think, Redmond...wonder how old he is? Probably early 20's or late teens?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I didn't know Ryan O'Neal had cancer...oh, my. Both of them. They have a son, I think, Redmond...wonder how old he is? Probably early 20's or late teens?
    OK, just answering my own question...Redmond will be 22 in January.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    779
    Wasn't/isn't Redmond having drug problems? If still so, now would be a good wake up call for him so he can be there for his parents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Singer Morrissey treated for cancer
    By zwiebel in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 08:12 PM
  2. Jury: Portrait of Fawcett should stay with O'Neal
    By Reader in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 08:20 AM
  3. Farrah Fawcett in critical conditionUPDATE Has Passed away RIP
    By PattiAnn in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 07:51 AM