1109 users online (153 members and 956 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 292
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett
    Did anyone notice in the most recent picture of "Johnny" on Noreen's website the picture under the table. It looks like a sketch of a boy. Like maybe a missing poster image of Johnny that the perp brought back to torment Johnny. Let me know what you think. I have been lurking for a long time and finally got registered. You guys are great!
    to me it looks like an 8x10 senior photo, like a late 60's early 70's type. to me his expression looks bored and not scared as I would expect.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    337
    But if it were a missing persons poster it would be a picture of the child given by the family. I don't think the subject would be scared in a picture that was taken at school or photo studio, etc.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett
    But if it were a missing persons poster it would be a picture of the child given by the family. I don't think the subject would be scared in a picture that was taken at school or photo studio, etc.
    No, I meant the boy tied up not the picture under the table. Sorry

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    I noticed that picture, too, but it doesn't look like a missing poster to me. It looks like an 8X10 glossy. I can't tell the age of the person, though.

    The kid in the picture, who I still say looks like JG, looks more all-around tan in the first picture (the one that had been doctored to have the "brand" on his arm). His torso looks much whiter in this second picture. I guess that must be lighting because he's in the same clothes, so I assume the pics were taken close together. But maybe not?

    Also, and this is weird, but is he not wearing underwear? There is no underwear line, and no underwear waistband sticking out, like you're likely to see with someone in that position.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by KJERVIS
    In my opinion I do not think Noreen is a reliable source for information, much as Doc has mentioned numerous times. I mean no disrespect on what I am about to say but I feel it must be said. My medical background is in internal medicine not psychiatrics so Im certainly not an authority; however this women displays classical symptoms of a fictitious disorder. The one most people hear about is Munchausen by proxy, which is where a caregiver inflicts injury on a child in order to receive attention, the end result of course is death of the child in the event that pattern behaviour is not identified in the caregiver. What sort of childhood illness record did Johnny have? Im not saying Noreen has MbP but she could very well have a fictitious disorder of some kind. She is continuing to receive attention from her childís suffering (real or imagined) the only difference is her child is not present but she continues to use him as a source. Itís something to think of anyway. But I would like to stress that I do not think she is a reliable source of information nor anyone who is in conjunction with her website. I also think the mother needs to be more closely looked at due to her unusual behaviour both shortly after and in the long term.

    edited: spelling
    As a "doctor", is it common in your practice to diagnose those you have never spoken to or met?

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by KJERVIS
    In my opinion I do not think Noreen is a reliable source for information, much as Doc has mentioned numerous times. I mean no disrespect on what I am about to say but I feel it must be said. My medical background is in internal medicine not psychiatrics so Im certainly not an authority; however this women displays classical symptoms of a fictitious disorder. The one most people hear about is Munchausen by proxy, which is where a caregiver inflicts injury on a child in order to receive attention, the end result of course is death of the child in the event that pattern behaviour is not identified in the caregiver. What sort of childhood illness record did Johnny have? Im not saying Noreen has MbP but she could very well have a fictitious disorder of some kind. She is continuing to receive attention from her childís suffering (real or imagined) the only difference is her child is not present but she continues to use him as a source. Itís something to think of anyway. But I would like to stress that I do not think she is a reliable source of information nor anyone who is in conjunction with her website. I also think the mother needs to be more closely looked at due to her unusual behaviour both shortly after and in the long term.

    edited: spelling
    What was Noreen's unusual behavior shortly after JG's abduction that makes you suspicious? Maybe I missed something; I always thought she seemed much like you would expect a shocked, bereaved parent to act.

    What other types of fictitous disorders are there? I've heard of Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    The following paragraph illustrates pretty clearly what Noreen Gosch occupied herself with in the years following Johnny's abduction. Her behavior is not only that of a concerned parent, but her tireless work in passing laws to protect missing children across the United States surpasses exemplary behavior, IMO. To classify her behavior following the abduction of her son as that of a person with fictitious (more accurately called factitious) disorder is to do every grieving parent of a missing child a huge disservice.





    Noreen founded "THE JOHNNY GOSCH FOUNDATION", a month after the kidnapping and developed a program called "IN DEFENSE OF CHILDREN". She has presented more than seven hundred speeches all over the United States, reaching thousands of people. She wrote the "JOHNNY GOSCH BILL", which was passed into law in Iowa on July 1, 1984. A year later, Missouri as well as seven other states adopted the bill and passed it into law. This law, which is still called "THE JOHNNY GOSCH LAW", provides the immediate involvement of police when a child is missing, instead of the previous 72-hour policy of waiting.











    http://www.johnnygosch.com/aboutNoreen.htm

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by William R Thomas
    As a "doctor", is it common in your practice to diagnose those you have never spoken to or met?
    Im not exactly sure what part of my post made you assume I was diagnosing anything. I was merely pointing out interesting connections between someones behaviour and clinical cases I have seen in the past. You objecting to my opinion is perfectly fine, you poking fun of my profession and hinting that it is an object of ridicule is not acceptable. Im not sure what you hope to gain from being objectionable in every post you put in this forum but you have already been warned in the past. I for one will not be reading anything more you have to say since your goal is clearly to stir the pot and certainly not to add any insightful information.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    The following paragraph illustrates pretty clearly what Noreen Gosch occupied herself with in the years following Johnny's abduction. Her behavior is not only that of a concerned parent, but her tireless work in passing laws to protect missing children across the United States surpasses exemplary behavior, IMO. To classify her behavior following the abduction of her son as that of a person with fictitious (more accurately called factitious) disorder is to do every grieving parent of a missing child a huge disservice.

    [/center]



    http://www.johnnygosch.com/aboutNoreen.htm
    Im sorry you feel my post is out of order. I agree she has done tireless work in the area of abducted children, I do however, stand by my previous post in that she uses her sons disappearance to feed some sort of delusional need of hers. Of course this is my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E
    What was Noreen's unusual behavior shortly after JG's abduction that makes you suspicious? Maybe I missed something; I always thought she seemed much like you would expect a shocked, bereaved parent to act.

    What other types of fictitous disorders are there? I've heard of Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.
    From what I understand ficitious disorders are a very broad catagory. The diagnosis MbP focuses on using the medical community to feed this disorder but there are far less structured diagonsis that fall under the general label ficitious disorder. Very simply explained it is someone who uses lies and stories to suppliment a need for attention. This could be done in many different ways as Im sure most of us can envision. Most of the time these people are diagnosed with additional disorders that cause this sort of manifestation. I suppose a psychiatrist could explain this better but I hope this answered your question.


  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,186

    As a "non-cop" and "non-detective/investigator"

    ...with no access to the files or evidence in this case, or to any LE in Iowa or Federal LE, to any forensic scientists, etc., is it your practice to write a book based soley on the musings you have on this case while sitting in your office, using no facts or academic information whatsoever?

    (addressed to William)

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by cappuccina
    ...with no access to the files or evidence in this case, or to any LE in Iowa or Federal LE, to any forensic scientists, etc., is it your practice to write a book based soley on the musings you have on this case while sitting in your office, using no facts or academic information whatsoever?

    (addressed to William)
    1st, what makes you assume I have no access to any of these things? Oh thats right, because you know everything.

    2nd, what makes you think I am writing anything about this case? I'm not. Perhaps, once again, you should go back and READ more carefully what I wrote.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by KJERVIS
    Im not exactly sure what part of my post made you assume I was diagnosing anything. I was merely pointing out interesting connections between someones behaviour and clinical cases I have seen in the past. You objecting to my opinion is perfectly fine, you poking fun of my profession and hinting that it is an object of ridicule is not acceptable. Im not sure what you hope to gain from being objectionable in every post you put in this forum but you have already been warned in the past. I for one will not be reading anything more you have to say since your goal is clearly to stir the pot and certainly not to add any insightful information.
    I see your a mind reader as well? Where exactly in my post do you find me poking fun of your profession? Perhaps there are words there that are invisible that I cannot see? As for hinting it is [being a doctor]an object of ridicule...perhaps you are just as delusional as you claim Noreen to be, because in the one sentence I wrote, none of those things were intended nor implied.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,715

    ignore is better than war

    I would like to suggest that we ignore whomever we need to ignore rather than continue to argue in posts and perhaps end up with the thread locked and/or the whole case banned from discussion on any thread as was threatened by a moderator not so long ago. At this point getting the thread banned may seem more advantageous to those who support some theories as it seems they are losing ground on the facts that are coming to light. Or maybe feelings are just running too high to contain but in any case if we don't see a reduction in personal attacks and off topic posts we may pay the penalties mentioned above. It is all up to the mods and what they see and decide to do about it. I am not alerting them to it at this point but I can't answer for others who may already have done so for all I know.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,501
    Confrontation vs. challenge

    I have been following the Johnny Gosch case since he first went missing and ended up on a milk container on my breakfast table. Websleuths has provided us with a medium upon which to have some of the best discussion and hypothosizing about what might have happened to Johnny. Everyone's input is valuable. I have seen some great deductions and theories presented here. Latley I have not been posting as much as reading but I still come here everyday to get the latest info. William R. Thomas, you have provided us with some wonderful insight, as have many others on this forum. However, I see a pattern here that is troubling. I believe we need to challenge each others ideas inorder for us to differentiate between what holds water and what needs to be disgarded. However, Challenging is NOT the same as confronting. When a person is confonted they automaticly go into defensive mode. I see this happening here and the result is an unpleasent and very inconducive enviorment for constuctive sleuthing. Instead you end up with a dichotomous environment where people are attacking and retreating and no good comes outof that. William R. Thomas often your responses are confrontationaly as opposed to challenging. The perfect example is your response to Kjervis. She/he posted an opinion as a medical practioner and your one sentance reply challenging her/his diagnostic criteria came across as confrontational and disrespectful. Although, your point is a good one your deliverance was not productive. We want to keep the ideas and communication flowing here. We can only do that by being respectful of each others input regardless of if we agree with it or not. If your only response is out of anger then honestly its of no value to Johnny so I suggest it not be posted to waste space and discourage communciation. Lets keep the sleuthing flowing and help Johnny !!

    mjak

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 561
    Last Post: 10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
  2. IA John David Gosch (12) - West Des Moines IA, 1982
    By sweetpea657 in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
  3. Replies: 559
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 10:01 PM
  4. Replies: 666
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
  5. Replies: 705
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Tags for this Thread