NY NY - Michelle Hutchings, 27, Utica, 30 July 2006

Rle7

Reaction score
Oneida County sheriff’s investigators are searching for a woman who has been missing for more than two months.

Michelle L. Hutchings, 27, of Shanley Road, was last seen July 30 after she was dropped off on Bleecker Street in Utica during the late evening, investigators said.

Hutchings is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. She has a tattoo of flowers and the word “Michelle” on her right breast, as well as tattoos of a sun, moon and stars on her upper left shoulder, a rose tattoo on her left hip and a butterfly tattoo on the inside of her upper right arm.

http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061004/NEWS/61004021

Why is she only being reported as missing now..? Why wait 2 months?

opme said:
Why is she only being reported as missing now..? Why wait 2 months?

Her case is listed in the National Center for Missing Adults. She's listed as endangered missing person. She went missing 7/30/06. She has a medical condition and requires medication.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/

Here's a link to the site. You can see all the adults missing they have registered.

I thought this was interesting on Michelle's Charley Project page:

In January 2007, the body of Jennifer Bennett, a 29-year-old Utica woman, was found in a field in Deerfield, New York. Her death is considered suspicious. Bennett and Hutchings were associated with the same people and investigators are attempting to link the two cases. So far there is no hard evidence to connect Bennett's presumed homicide to Hutchings's disappearance, however.
Authorities stated there were numerous unconfirmed sightings of Hutchings in New Jersey in 2007, and she may be alive and well in that state. They have not been able to verify this, however, so she remains listed as missing. Her mother stated Hutchings had visited New Jersey only once, several years before her disappearance, and had no reason to return there, and she did not believe Hutchings was in fact living in that state.

Today marks the 28th birthday of missing Utica woman Michelle Hutchings, said her mother, Judy Seelman.

Hutchings was last seen around 11:45 p.m. July 30, 2006, in the 1400 block of Bleecker Street in East Utica.

Seelman Saturday said she and investigators still keep in regular contact with each other, and she’s hopeful her daughter eventually will be found.

Anyone with information about the case can call the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office at 765-2244.

http://www.uticaod.com/homepage/x142936801

:HappyBday Happy 28th Birthday Michelle. I pray you are safe and enjoying your birthday. :HappyBday

Bumping after her another birthday for Michelle. Article from last year.

On 30th birthday, Hutchings still missing after 2 ½ years
January 2009

If Michelle Hutchings were home today, she would probably be celebrating her 30th birthday with family.

But after Hutchings of Clinton went missing in Utica more than two years ago in July 2006, her mother and family can only celebrate the life she left behind.

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x716056030/On-30th-birthday-Hutchings-still-missing-after-2-years

Bumping, still missing after nine years.

From January 2015:

Clinton mother remembers missing daughter on her birthday

The reality that Michelle is probably not coming home was hard to accept. Now Judy take things one day at a time. "It eats away at you. It's not like I don't think about it but I try not to think about it at times because it just ..it just gives you like a pain in your chest because there's nothing you can do. Most problems you can solve. This, you can't solve. There's nothing to do. It just makes you hurt inside thinking that she got hurt."

From July:

10 years later, search for Michelle Hutchings continues

http://www.uticaod.com/news/20160729/10-years-later-search-for-michelle-hutchings-continues

Today is the 10th anniversary of Hutchings' disappearance, and Seelman says her daughter's absence has not gotten any easier for her.

"It's been 10 years that Michelle's been missing, and a lot of people forget," she said. "But the people that loved her the most and that she loved most will never forget. It's as if it's fresh. Right from yesterday. And that's what I like to keep in people's minds, that Michelle was a person. A beautiful, beautiful person. And she needs to have closure."

Oneida County Undersheriff Robert Swenszkowski said that while investigators have pursued a number of leads in the past, they haven't had any viable leads recently, due in part to how long it has been since Hutchings disappeared and to the notable lack of physical evidence.

“The frustrating part with this is the lack of physical evidence,” Swenszkowski said. “There’s nothing to go on. There’s not any extensive crime scene; there’s no DNA; there’s no body. As the case previously indicated … the word on the street was that (Hutchings) had been killed. Judy understands that, but the the slim possibility is where this girl could pop up somewhere down south, from out west 10 years from now. Her mother stated she might have owed some money to some dangerous people. Did she go into hiding? That’s the problem with a case like this. There’s no body.”

Michelle Hutchings missing for 10 years

hutchings_michelle3.jpg

I know this women personally the loose details surrounding this case as well as the lifestyle that she choose to live matches all too many of the missing women cases across the country. I do know that in 2004-2005 when I knew her she had a older boyfriend that had lived in several places up and down the East Coast

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back