Judge Dismisses Karr's Kid *advertiser censored* Charges

Agatha

Reaction score
Thursday, October 5, 2006

SANTA ROSA, Calif. - A judge dismissed child *advertiser censored* charges Thursday against former JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect John Mark Karr after prosecutors said they didn't have enough evidence to take the case to trial.

Sonoma County Superior Court Judge Rene Chouteau ordered Karr released immediately, bringing an end to his two-month odyssey in the U.S. criminal justice system after he was extradited from Thailand on suspicion of killing the 6-year-old beauty queen.

Karr, 41, was returned to California last month to face the five-year-old *advertiser censored* case after DNA evidence cleared him of killing the girl in her Boulder, Colo., home in 1996.

The *advertiser censored* case fell apart almost as quickly, as investigators admitted losing vital computer evidence that was seized from Karr in April 2001 when he was working as a substitute teacher in Sonoma and Napa counties.

Defense lawyers tried twice unsuccessfully to get the charges dismissed and were seeking to have evidence barred from trial when prosecutors gave up.

"The impression that we've had all along is that the prosecution had every intention of getting this case to trial, regardless of the evidence," said defense lawyer Robert Amparan. "I am pleasantly surprised by them having done the right thing."

Link: www.foxnews.com

Still seems like there should have been an FTA consequence. Maybe they figured it as time served when he was in waiting trial for charges that have now been dropped.

OMG, here we go again, released. Now the current LE probably think the prior LE was messed up, but they drag "this person, if you chose to call him that" across international waters and now ... he is free?!? There is really "something" I am missing in all of this! (Just wish I knew what it was??!!) This story is truly an amazing one, very, very, very sad story for little JonBenet..May she rest in peace.

he should atleast be punished for fleeing his original arrest or court date when he left for thailand way back when. that's worthy of punishment in and of itself.

I heard he only had 5 DELETED images on his computer. These may have been fairly soft core too. Anyway to me 5 deleted images is not something I'd prosecute.

What are you suppose to do if you receive something like that in Email? Confess? Take a sledgehammer to your hard drive and then find an incinerator?

I think he should be charged with using the media to disseminate his disgusting fantasies about raping and killing JonBenet- what were all his lurid statements if not a form of child *advertiser censored*? (Definition of *advertiser censored*: 'the explicit description or exhibition of sexual activity in literature, films etc. intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings.') I think that creep was getting off on making all his 'confessions' and probably a lot of other pedophiles enjoyed them as well. The whole episode was sickening. Poor JonBenet got used up and discarded all over again.

He better not come around my neighborhood, if he knows what's good for him.

I wonder if there's anything anyone can do to keep him away from the grave.

ellen13 said:
he should atleast be punished for fleeing his original arrest or court date when he left for thailand way back when. that's worthy of punishment in and of itself.
That was my same comment E-13 and I wonder if they credited him with the time served on a crime that was not prosecuted.

What about the following charges:

1. Fleeing the country to avoid prosecution?

2. Obstruction of justice for his charade involving JBR?

3. Perjury?

This idiot could have been kept off the street by a DA with any sort of ingenuity. Instead, a sick b*stard is walking free like a ticking time-bomb waiting for his next victim. :mad:

Don't ya just love how this is not a big media frenzy,

he was accused, tried and convicted by the media of being the worst human being that ever lived, now they have egg on their faces they won't go near this story, or will just do a small item on it,

And he has ruined his life, for what, I hope he gets pychiatric help, he so obviously needs it,

A big mess all round,

i truly believe this man is dangerous. Some of the context of his notes and phone calls, his being fired from jobs... he is sexually attracted to children... he should be in jail in MO. Oh well, i guess we can all rest easy in the fact that when he does end up harming a child, justice will be served.....

He ruined his own life. No one else can be blamed for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back