GUILTY KY - Four Biyad children, ages 2-8, murdered, Louisville, 6 Oct 2006

Pharlap

Former Member
Reaction score
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky (AP) -- Four children were found dead in a public housing complex Friday after a man walked into police headquarters and said he had killed his family.

The man, who had been living in Oregon, had an argument about the children with his estranged wife before he attacked her with a blunt instrument, said Lt. Col. Phil Turner.

"We believe she was assaulted first, and then the children killed," Turner said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/06/children.killed.ap/index.html

How incredibly sad. I will never understand how someone can kill their own children, or any children for that matter. Just look at the news stories from the past 2 weeks. How many children have been killed or injuried? Why are children seen as being dispensible?

I don't quite understand where the mother was while this was happening. Though I know she was injured, it seems she would have fought to her own death first. Unless she was unconscious?

Sheromom said:
I don't quite understand where the mother was while this was happening. Though I know she was injured, it seems she would have fought to her own death first. Unless she was unconscious?
I saw it on the news first last night, then went to the net to get the story.
If I remember right, yes unconscious..

so tired of it....I just cant comprehend..........

:furious: :banghead: :furious: :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

Pharlap said:
I saw it on the news first last night, then went to the net to get the story.
If I remember right, yes unconscious..
Thank you, Pharlap; I don't watch television; most of what I learn is from Websleuths! The poor woman!

j2mirish said:
so tired of it....I just cant comprehend..........

:furious: :banghead: :furious: :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

Me too.
o/t
When my 3 kids were small(36-37-40 now) I heard of a terrible killing of a baby in my area.
It upset me so bad back then, I wouldn't watch the news for years.

Said Biyad

05/07/2010 - Suppression Hearing
06/11/2010 - Jury Trial

Said Biyad

05/07/2010 - Suppression Hearing
06/11/2010 - Jury Trial

The trial has been delayed numerous times. It is now set for April 18, 2011.
Recent article about the case with a lot of detail:

http://wardheernews.com/Articles_11/Feb/Abukar/08_the_children_are_not_ok.html

Another detailed article about the crime:

http://www.wave3.com/story/5520039/...-penalty-for-childrens-deaths?redirected=true

excerpt:
The final moments for four young murder victims inside building 44 of the Iroquois Homes housing project were unimaginable.

"I think two of the four were probably sleeping at the time of the attack," said Jefferson County Coroner Dr. Ronald Holmes.

Biyad allegedly went into his kids' bedrooms, ages 2 to 8, and slashed their throats after attacking his wife. Defense wounds on the arms of two of the girls indicate they fought for their lives. The coroner says the 8-year-old was also beaten with a hammer.

Those who knew the couple say Biyad believed his estranged wife was dating another man. Police say the couple was fighting over the children before the attack.

http://www.wave3.com/story/14498304/said-biyad-guilty-of-murders-of-kids-rape-of-wife

April 22, 2011

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - After deliberating for about 20 minutes, Judge James Shake found Said Biyad guilty of four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, one count of assault in the second degree, one count of rape and three counts of tampering with physical evidence.

Biyad has been behind bars since the October 6, 2006 deaths of his four children in the Iroquois Homes apartment where his wife lived.

His wife said on the stand earlier in the week that Biyad became enraged when she got home from work, beat and raped her until passed out and then killed his children.

All four kids had their throats cut and Biyad's oldest son also was hit in the head.

"I can't imagine a more horrific act of domestic violence than those committed in this case," Judge Shake said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back