1029 users online (189 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fleet White on morning of murder

I have heard people questioning what happened when FW looked into the wine cellar that morning. I just finished reading PMPT. it says that fleet did not enter the room he merely looked in from the doorway and that he could not find the light and left the room. However, it also says that JR was standing the same spot. so i think the implication is that it was either too dark or FW did not look into the room

Your Question is Why Not?

I wouldn't know the answer but guess your question is Why didn't FW look into and/or even go into the dark room? Also Officer French. I don't buy that about the door was latched or stuck. And the PD not sending Arndt any backup just because it was Christmas. Almost sounds like people knew something already, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1
    Almost sounds like people knew something already, doesn't it?
    Sure does!

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

LOL en reference to the South Park quote.I don't think the so-called 'intruder' was 'some P.Rican guy'.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    From what I understand, after reading all the same books y'all have...Fleet White opened the door, couldn't find the light, too dark to see in, so he closed it.

When John Ramsey opened the door, he yelled BEFORE he turned on the light and saw the body.

Makes you go....hmmm
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Does anyone know the time lapse between the door being opened by one then the other?

I ask because if the sun was coming up then a mere few minutes would have made the difference of the light play coming through windows and at what angles. Even if no window in that room directly (I can't recall if there was one)
    The light from other windows could allow more light if the sun was coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    Does anyone know the time lapse between the door being opened by one then the other?

I ask because if the sun was coming up then a mere few minutes would have made the difference of the light play coming through windows and at what angles. Even if no window in that room directly (I can't recall if there was one)
    The light from other windows could allow more light if the sun was coming up.
    There are no windows in the wine cellar where JBR's body was found.

It was several hours between the time the two men looked in the wine cellar. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that White did his search first thing in the morning -- around 6:30am? John Ramsey found JBR about 1pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia
    From what I understand, after reading all the same books y'all have...Fleet White opened the door, couldn't find the light, too dark to see in, so he closed it.

When John Ramsey opened the door, he yelled BEFORE he turned on the light and saw the body.

Makes you go....hmmm
    Okay,I'm going to play devil's advocate here ...
    So it's a possibility that when Fleet White looked in the wine room,it wasn't so much a fact that JonBenet's body wasn't in there,it was more that it was dark and he didn't see anything.Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    There are no windows in the wine cellar where JBR's body was found.

It was several hours between the time the two men looked in the wine cellar. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that White did his search first thing in the morning -- around 6:30am? John Ramsey found JBR about 1pm.
    SO just in general the cellar would have more light from the small windows in other areas of the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by capps
    Okay,I'm going to play devil's advocate here ...
    So it's a possibility that when Fleet White looked in the wine room,it wasn't so much a fact that JonBenet's body wasn't in there,it was more that it was dark and he didn't see anything.Correct?
    It was said that JB's body had an odor about it when she was found at 1PM.I wonder if there would likely have been an odor at that earlier time when FW looked in there?(best estimate is she died around 1am i think?)If so,then I think he would have noticed.
    Is it possible JB's body was hidden and then moved to that spot when JR admitted he had went down to the basement previously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia

Makes you go....hmmm
    Yep, that's exactly what I was going to post. Fleet said the room was dark---too dark to see anything. Yet papa John immediately saw the body.I don't think so Scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros

Was it several hours?

Timeline of Basement Searches

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill...mer4_time.html

6:30 AM- 'At some point during the morning, Fleet White searched the basement....'

Fleet said the room was dark---too dark to see anything. Yet papa John immediately saw the body.I don't think so Scooter.
    I think you nailed it.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

According to John's account, he said he saw the blanket that was covering her, and immediately knew it was Jonbenet.
    This was before flicking the lightswitch on.

Meanwhile, Fleet White couldn't see anything. He couldn't find the lightswitch either...and so gave up on going into the room.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast