Reaction score
OK,, here's a new puzzle for you sleuthers to chew on:

(link deleted)

(includes photo)
Case Num: 99-0305
Found on: 1/27/1999
Age Range: 13-18

Circumstances:
This girl either fell, jumped, or was pushed from a moving vehicle in Pinal County. She later died in the hospital in Scottsdale. The people in the vehicle with her have never come forward to identify her.
Description:
She is Caucasian and has blonde hair with brown roots. Her hair is 16 inches long and her eyes are blue. She has a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest and was wearing earrings and a navel ring. She is 5' 4" and weighed 110-130 pounds.
Scientific Information:
Her dental x-rays are available and her DNA has been entered into the national database.

who was she?
is she a runaway, a prostitute, &/or was she a kidnapped child?
is she from another country?
why is no one missing her?
did she jump to try to escape, or did someone kill her by pushing her out? .. and why?
one has to wonder... was she killed because she threatened to go to the authorities?
keep in mind when checking photos of missing children from a few years before that it says that her real hair color seems to be BROWN. did she bleach it in order to not be recognized, or did her captor make her bleach it?

also... if she was pushed from the car, then there must have been a second person in the car. i can't imagine how a driver could push someone out while driving. it seems someone must have been in the back seat with her.
my guess is that she was at the age to rebel & start questioning things and finally decided to make a run for it. she jumped to escape and was hoping she would make it, but didn't.
any thoughts.......???

I wish I knew, I have saw this poor girl on other sites, it just seems like someone would miss her, :confused: she seems so young and a pretty girl too....I mean she had to have friends that would notice she was gone. (that is if it may have been one or more of her parents that pushed her from the car) but grandparents brothers sisters some one has to know her....anyway I'm rambling but I do wish someone could or would identify her....:mad:

2 things i found interesting about this case (other than what i wrote in the first post):

they found her right away, so her facial features are right there for everyone to see. not as much guesswork as if they had to reconstruct a possible face from a skull.
also, it's slightly unusual to have brown hair with blue eyes.
and, if she is really 18 in the photo, IMO, she looks VERY young for 18. i would guess closer to 13. she even looks like a child of a much younger age. and if she was really older and working in prostitution, then she would appear more worn (by the sun, hard living, smoking, drugs, stress, etc.), right?. somehow she appears very delicate and untouched, almost like a porcelein doll. this leads me to ask, was she being hidden or sheltered by someone?
which leads me to wonder... is this a parental abduction, and the child jumped out of the car & died? what parent would abandon their child on the side of the road not knowing if they were alive or dead? probably none, unless they were incredibly selfish and their fear of being caught was greater than their love for their child.
so.. if it wasn't a parent-in-hiding...... who was it? was it a pedophile who 'bought' her from a prostitute, homeless woman, or some other woman who was pregnant and didn't want her baby,or needed money for a drug habit?did this man kidnap her from her parents as a baby? or perhaps it is her real father- or some other man- who killed her mother? maybe she is even the daughter of a woman who went missing who was pregnant or who just had a child. or an almost-escapee of a pedophile ring.

i thnk what's so incredibly sad about this case is that it seems she *almost* made it to freedom.. and was even alive when taken to the hospital, but died later. and since she never got to tell her story, the perp got away. whoever else was in the car,, they had to be involved in something very bad to not even bother to stop to see if she was alive or dead. perhaps not only abduction but child abuse, murder, drugs.. who knows. and whatever it was, was bad enough for this girl to risk her own life to jump out of the car (IF that is what happened)-- but she didn't make it. and the perp either wanted her dead, or was too terrified to stop. and is this person wanted for kidnapping other children? and who knows what else...?

i've been combing through cases of missing brown-haired (even blond, just to be safe), blue-eyed young children from 1981-86... but no luck so far.

anyone know of a site that features missing/kidnapped babies & toddlers only, with photos? i already checked the NCMEC but no luck.

after looking at her page again,, what is interesting is that she was found on 1-10 going EASTbound. (assuming she lay where she fell). for some reason i was picturing the car going west, i don't know why. which means her captor or abductor could have been taking her from LA or somewhere is southern CA? (just a guess),,, and perhaps could have been headed to mexico....???

That scar on her cheek looks old and is very prominent. Surely someone would remember seeing a pretty blonde girl with a large scar on her cheek?

wow, now that you mention it- it does look like an old scar, and a rather large one. i first thought it was part of her injuries when she fell on the ground, but maybe it's not. i wish this site had a bit more details about her case. she's also in the national center for missing adults, and on the doe network (but no photo).

She's very pretty. I went thru the National missing, but there is nothing quite like her with the right time frame. Her eyesbrows look like they were done professionally.

I wonder how they know she fell, jumped or was pushed from a vehicle? I'm wondering because what if she was walking down the road and was hit? What does anyone else think?

good questions you guys-- and i was wondering the same thing. it seems as if someone must have seen her fall out of the vehicle- but didn't get a description. either that or they could tell by forensice evidence that she fell/jumped (and didn't get hit).
also, it's interesting they say "the people" in the car with her. how do they know it more than one person? maybe it's just semantics... but it would definitely make a big difference. if one, she most likely jumped, which means she was trying to escape... if more than one, she may have jumped but also may have been pushed, which means someone wanted to kill her... for what? threatening to go to the authorities.... or some other kind of percieved betrayal, i would presume. any other ideas?

reb said:
good questions you guys-- and i was wondering the same thing. it seems as if someone must have seen her fall out of the vehicle- but didn't get a description. either that or they could tell by forensice evidence that she fell/jumped (and didn't get hit).
also, it's interesting they say "the people" in the car with her. how do they know it more than one person? maybe it's just semantics... but it would definitely make a big difference. if one, she most likely jumped, which means she was trying to escape... if more than one, she may have jumped but also may have been pushed, which means someone wanted to kill her... for what? threatening to go to the authorities.... or some other kind of percieved betrayal, i would presume. any other ideas?
I was going to say suicide- but I'm not sure about that

How often do people commit suicide by jumping out of a car?? I mean, people jump in front of cars, or they jump off of buildings. But jumping out of a car? That just sounds like an odd method of suicide to me. It seems more likely that she was pushed or jumped in an attempt to live, not die.

what if she was not a runaway or a missing child what if the people in the car are her parents and she was running from them thats why no one came foward? im going to do some checking against some missing children and post what i find. i noticed on her page about her that she had a navel ring and a heart tat. you have to be 18 to get a tat or a navel ring or some places if your parent signs the paper and consents to it knowing the risks could be greater for someone younger. and it said her dna was in the national database. are all missing children entered into the database. no matches showed up so far

ok here are some potential matches

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/178dfmt.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/491dfnj.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/263dfmi.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/405dfnet.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/489dfri.html this one is a way long shot but question on it it says mother who kidnaped the child abductor/mother has now been placed in the National Computer as a missing person/endangered. does that mean the mother was kidnaped with her children ? maybe she went underground

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/283dfin.html

I don't know, all of these girls seem a little old, the only one I see as being possible is Michelle Willard.

i looked at them too, but several had either brown eyes or were a few years too older than her presumed age (oldest being 18, they think).

i never thought of it as a suicide... but possibly more like "i might die if i jump but who acres, can't be much worse than this anyway". ie, whatever she was trying to escape was worth risking death for. just my guess.

i wonder if her tattoo was crude/homemade, or looked as if it was done by a professional? too bad they don't have a photo of it on her profile. her photo could be shown to various tattoo parlors in that part of the country, to see if anyone recognized her.

What about this one? http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/silver_heather.html

I know its probably not only a longshot, but just plain wrong - but a couple of years with the "wrong crowd" could account for weight loss.

Though, I sort of have the feeling that the girl is a tenager who was probably out joyriding with friends (or acquaintances) and that the kids in the car are just too scared to come forward. She could be missing/deemd a runaway by a local district that hasn't gotten her case "out there".

Surely, somebody must be looking for the teenage girl with the tattoo of a blue heart on her chest.

But in the six years since the girl died, no one has stepped forward to identify her. Hers has become one of an increasing number of bodies without names that are stacking up each year in Maricopa County.

Nearly 200 people since 1973, mostly men, have never been identified in Maricopa County. Officials point to the prevalence of immigration, homelessness, mental illness and drug abuse that can separate people from their families and make it harder to identify them when they die.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0606bodies06.html

Case #99-0305

Female.

Found: Jan. 27, 1999.

Details: The girl either fell, jumped or was pushed from a moving vehicle. She died at a Scottsdale hospital. The people in the vehicle with her never came forward to identify her. The girl was White, 5 feet 4 inches and weighed 110 to 130 pounds. She had 16-inch-long blonde hair with brown roots, and her eyes were blue.

Distinguishing characteristics: She had a tattoo of a blue heart and was wearing earrings and a navel ring.

:banghead:

What about this girl

4. Sheila Catherine Egan, DOB Aug. 4,1978 (21). White female, born 1978, 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm), 105 pounds (47kg), blonde shoulder length hair, blue eyes. Is a known drug user and sex trade worker in the downtown east side. Last seen July 1998

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee