978 users online (175 members and 803 guests)  

Websleuths News

Smile Injured Dog Limps Into SoCal Hospital Waiting Room

POSTED: 8:16 am PDT October 6, 2006
    UPDATED: 8:23 am PDT October 6, 2006

An injured 6-year-old German shepherd mix limped into a hospital waiting room after apparently being struck by a car, according to animal control officials. Buddy the dog limped into emergency at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Bellflower on Wednesday and sat in the waiting area at about 1 p.m., officials said.We were on a routine assignment, and we got a Code 2 that a dog had wandered into the hospital," said Wendy Alexander of the animal control unit. "When we walked in, he was laying on his bad hip. At that time, we didn't know that there was an injury. He was shaking. I thought, he knew he needed help, and he knew where to get it."

Hospital officials called the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority in Downey, and agency officials picked up Buddy and brought him to the shelter for treatment of a fracture.

"We don't know where he got hit by a car, but we're happy he chose the right place to get help," Capt. Aaron Reyes, SEAACA's director of operations, told the Whittier Daily News. more at link:http://www.nbc11.com/news/10016720/detail.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

And he was microchipped so the owner was found.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Malapoo
    And he was microchipped so the owner was found.
    Good goin........

smart dog

what a great story!

Wow. I knew German Shepards were smart, but this is over the top.

I just love stories like this LinasK! Thanks for posting it. I'm quite the animal lover as I think most on websleuths are.

German Shepherds have always been my favorite dog and they are so smart. But this is just extra amazing.

I think animals are a lot smarter than most humans give them credit for. And of course they do have such good instincts.

Aw poor baby! That had to hurt. I am glad he recieved help.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Oh, I was watching this one on the local news last week....had me crying. What a sweet doggie. I was glad he had a home, because I was afraid (since he was local) I was going to be "forced" to make him part of mine

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine
    Oh, I was watching this one on the local news last week....had me crying. What a sweet doggie. I was glad he had a home, because I was afraid (since he was local) I was going to be "forced" to make him part of mine

You're a sweetie.

perculiar he knew where to take himself for help.

i hope he has a happy rest of life.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    POSTED: 8:16 am PDT October 6, 2006
    UPDATED: 8:23 am PDT October 6, 2006

An injured 6-year-old German shepherd mix limped into a hospital waiting room after apparently being struck by a car, according to animal control officials. Buddy the dog limped into emergency at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Bellflower on Wednesday and sat in the waiting area at about 1 p.m., officials said.We were on a routine assignment, and we got a Code 2 that a dog had wandered into the hospital," said Wendy Alexander of the animal control unit. "When we walked in, he was laying on his bad hip. At that time, we didn't know that there was an injury. He was shaking. I thought, he knew he needed help, and he knew where to get it."

Hospital officials called the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority in Downey, and agency officials picked up Buddy and brought him to the shelter for treatment of a fracture.

"We don't know where he got hit by a car, but we're happy he chose the right place to get help," Capt. Aaron Reyes, SEAACA's director of operations, told the Whittier Daily News. more at link:http://www.nbc11.com/news/10016720/detail.html

Dear LinasK,
    I love all of your posts. This one is my favorite of yours.
    Thank-you so much.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows