Injured Dog Limps Into SoCal Hospital Waiting Room

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
POSTED: 8:16 am PDT October 6, 2006
UPDATED: 8:23 am PDT October 6, 2006

An injured 6-year-old German shepherd mix limped into a hospital waiting room after apparently being struck by a car, according to animal control officials. Buddy the dog limped into emergency at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Bellflower on Wednesday and sat in the waiting area at about 1 p.m., officials said.We were on a routine assignment, and we got a Code 2 that a dog had wandered into the hospital," said Wendy Alexander of the animal control unit. "When we walked in, he was laying on his bad hip. At that time, we didn't know that there was an injury. He was shaking. I thought, he knew he needed help, and he knew where to get it."

Hospital officials called the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority in Downey, and agency officials picked up Buddy and brought him to the shelter for treatment of a fracture.

"We don't know where he got hit by a car, but we're happy he chose the right place to get help," Capt. Aaron Reyes, SEAACA's director of operations, told the Whittier Daily News. more at link:http://www.nbc11.com/news/10016720/detail.html

And he was microchipped so the owner was found.

I just love stories like this LinasK! Thanks for posting it. I'm quite the animal lover as I think most on websleuths are.

German Shepherds have always been my favorite dog and they are so smart. But this is just extra amazing.

I think animals are a lot smarter than most humans give them credit for. And of course they do have such good instincts.

Oh, I was watching this one on the local news last week....had me crying. What a sweet doggie. I was glad he had a home, because I was afraid (since he was local) I was going to be "forced" to make him part of mine :)

KrisNine said:
Oh, I was watching this one on the local news last week....had me crying. What a sweet doggie. I was glad he had a home, because I was afraid (since he was local) I was going to be "forced" to make him part of mine :)

You're a sweetie. :)

perculiar he knew where to take himself for help.

i hope he has a happy rest of life. :)

LinasK said:
POSTED: 8:16 am PDT October 6, 2006
UPDATED: 8:23 am PDT October 6, 2006

An injured 6-year-old German shepherd mix limped into a hospital waiting room after apparently being struck by a car, according to animal control officials. Buddy the dog limped into emergency at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Bellflower on Wednesday and sat in the waiting area at about 1 p.m., officials said.We were on a routine assignment, and we got a Code 2 that a dog had wandered into the hospital," said Wendy Alexander of the animal control unit. "When we walked in, he was laying on his bad hip. At that time, we didn't know that there was an injury. He was shaking. I thought, he knew he needed help, and he knew where to get it."

Hospital officials called the Southeast Area Animal Control Authority in Downey, and agency officials picked up Buddy and brought him to the shelter for treatment of a fracture.

"We don't know where he got hit by a car, but we're happy he chose the right place to get help," Capt. Aaron Reyes, SEAACA's director of operations, told the Whittier Daily News. more at link:http://www.nbc11.com/news/10016720/detail.html

Dear LinasK,:)
I love all of your posts. This one is my favorite of yours.
Thank-you so much.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member