Question About Undisclosed Evidence

leighl

Reaction score
This question is directed mostly at people like Tricia, Spade, etc. (persons, in my opinion, who are most qualified to answer), but feel free to answer/elaborate as you wish:

Do you think there is a lot more evidence/information about the JBR case that the public has not been made aware? Some people have estimated that only 10% +/- of the evidence has been leaked/released to the general public.

i think more than 10% has been leaked out, but i do still think there are a few things the public doesnt know.

Also according to Det. Arndt,90% of the information the public knows is incorrect. In what way,if it's true or not,I don't know. Guess we'll find out when she writes her book.

BTW ... isn't Spade a poster at FFJ,I didn't know he posts here at WS?

I am under the impression that the majority of evidence is in the public realm, the main reason being - what more could there be? I suspect that this is much along the lines of the 'we are working on a lot of evidence but we don't want to release it to the public' DA spin. If there was other significant evidence surely it would be known about or alluded to? (ie by disgruntled detectives or people involved in the case selling their evidence or even sheer LE desperation to bring a resolution)

I genuinely think that with all the leaks around this case it would be impossible to keep 90% of the evidence confidential.

luckyeight said:
I am under the impression that the majority of evidence is in the public realm, the main reason being - what more could there be? I suspect that this is much along the lines of the 'we are working on a lot of evidence but we don't want to release it to the public' DA spin. If there was other significant evidence surely it would be known about or alluded to? (ie by disgruntled detectives or people involved in the case selling their evidence or even sheer LE desperation to bring a resolution)

I genuinely think that with all the leaks around this case it would be impossible to keep 90% of the evidence confidential.

luckyeight,

Its likely that there is undisclosed information regarding the disposition of JonBenet's corpse.

e.g. The missing piece of the paintbrush handle may have been inserted into her vagina and left there.

This is information only her killer would know about.

Other information may relate to deliberate marking of her body in some manner.

Or some process that her body had been subject to.

leighl said:
This question is directed mostly at people like Tricia, Spade, etc. (persons, in my opinion, who are most qualified to answer), but feel free to answer/elaborate as you wish:

Do you think there is a lot more evidence/information about the JBR case that the public has not been made aware? Some people have estimated that only 10% +/- of the evidence has been leaked/released to the general public.

I think it has all been basically released. There is no smoking gun but there might be a few minor things. Things that all point to the Ramseys.

Believe me if there was anything that pointed to an intruder Lin Wood would be screaming it from every TV show he could find.

The one thing I have heard is there was more staging around JonBenet's body. More of her favorite things placed with her. Something that a parent would do if they loved their daughter and cared about her.

Now, let me stress, this is a rumor not confirmed by anyone in the investigation. It did come from someone who was close to someone that would have this info. If true.

luckyeight said:

luckyeight,

I'm not sure if you were refering to my post with your response,but Det.Arndt isn't saying that 90% of the evidence is confidential,she's stating that 90% of what the public knows is incorrect.Also remember, she is a disgruntled detective,because she believes the LE didn't back her up,when she was being accused as an inept detective at the crimescene.

I am not sure when Arndt made that statement, but she may have been referring to the general/average public who would get information on the case only from tabloids and sensationalized shows. She may not be referring to the information available to those who are willing to do a little work and read beyond the National Enquirer headlines.

Tricia said:
I think it has all been basically released. There is no smoking gun but there might be a few minor things. Things that all point to the Ramseys.

Believe me if there was anything that pointed to an intruder Lin Wood would be screaming it from every TV show he could find.

The one thing I have heard is there was more staging around JonBenet's body. More of her favorite things placed with her. Something that a parent would do if they loved their daughter and cared about her.

Now, let me stress, this is a rumor not confirmed by anyone in the investigation. It did come from someone who was close to someone that would have this info. If true.
How long have you known that Tricia?
Is that new news, just curious :)

narlacat said:
How long have you known that Tricia?
Is that new news, just curious :)
I heard this a few years ago. I did post about it but I haven't made a big deal out of it since I really can't confirm it. I believe it but since it is not a law enforcement source I can't say for certain that it's true.

My guess is there are small things we may not know about . All the big stuff is already out there.

A couple of great documents to read are located here.
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Start with the "Bonita Papers" at the bottom followed by "John and Patsy Ramsey's Atlanta 2000 Interviews."
I would really advise serious case follows to know these two things and to read all the threads at the link.

If you do, then I doubt there would be many of you that would still believe in the "intruder."

If Mary Lacy would have read the Atlanta Interviews or checked out ACandyRose's site then we would never have heard of John Karr.

Tricia said:
I heard this a few years ago. I did post about it but I haven't made a big deal out of it since I really can't confirm it. I believe it but since it is not a law enforcement source I can't say for certain that it's true.

My guess is there are small things we may not know about . All the big stuff is already out there.

A couple of great documents to read are located here.
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Start with the "Bonita Papers" at the bottom followed by "John and Patsy Ramsey's Atlanta 2000 Interviews."
I would really advise serious case follows to know these two things and to read all the threads at the link.

If you do, then I doubt there would be many of you that would still believe in the "intruder."

If Mary Lacy would have read the Atlanta Interviews or checked out ACandyRose's site then we would never have heard of John Karr.
Thanks for that :)

Most definitely.

You're funny :D

From FFJ, I forget which document title, this I thought was interesting.

"The floor of the wine cellar contained a soft, white, dirt like substance in which the delineation of a shoeprint was visible with a clear impression of the words "HI TEC". This is known to be a common police footwear product line, and police personnel had been in this room after the discovery of the body and before the crime scene processing. A second shoe impression was also found in the white powdery substance. Although not as visible as the “HI-TEC” shoe impression, it was a distinctly DIFFERENT print." Caps mine.

Were these prints very near the edge of the mold? Nobody ever says.

Possibly "the other foot" prints could have been detected outside the thick mold if they'd tried. Otherwise someone would have had to make the signature footprints by putting the shoes on a long pole or something. Right?

Sounds like staging doesn't it? We just don't know by whom. Writers could have at least said whether the prints were near the edge, to tell us if someone was actually walking there. Jeff Shapiro would probably try to get an answer if we still knew where to contact him, probably available by web search. Wish he'd write a book, and ST would write another one.

I still say if I were officer French, probably a strong man, I'd have been very determined to open that door!

capps said:
luckyeight,

I'm not sure if you were refering to my post with your response,but Det.Arndt isn't saying that 90% of the evidence is confidential,she's stating that 90% of what the public knows is incorrect.Also remember, she is a disgruntled detective,because she believes the LE didn't back her up,when she was being accused as an inept detective at the crimescene.
Really referring to leighl's initial post "Do you think there is a lot more evidence/information about the JBR case that the public has not been made aware? Some people have estimated that only 10% +/- of the evidence has been leaked/released to the general public."

When I describe 'disgruntled detectives' I don't mean that in a dismissive way - every detective involved in the case ended up frustrated, angry and unsupported - and, like you point out with Linda Arndt, scapegoated for bigger picture mistakes. They all had a right to be disgruntled IMO!

You would certainly hope that there was some evidence retained not for public consumption so that only the killer could confirm it, but it seems that a lot of confidential information not intended for release was leaked anyway.

If only that basement room and the body had been found by LE and left untouched for forensic examination. That evidence alone would have been enough to determine Ramsey guilt or otherwise IMO. This case is one big 'If only!'

Do you think there is a lot more evidence/information about the JBR case that the public has not been made aware?

I used to think there was, but if the DA is to be believed at the "depressed conference" the day after Karr's release, it's all out there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back