1049 users online (209 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Wealth=Innocence

One other thing i noticed in PMPT is how the police right from the start acknowledged that they should kiss the Ramseys as* merely because they are wealthy. They have to be "respected." Anyone who hasnt read PMPT, i say pick it up. there is some shocking stuff in there. For instance, the police wanted to release the house back to the ramseys on the 26th or 27th i believe, but the fbi told them not to. Anyway, back to initial point, if the ramseys hadnt had money, patsy, if not john as well, would be in jail today, IMO.

I think wealth works both ways:

1. - It often provides better legal assistance.

2. - It often provides a public perception of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    I think wealth works both ways:

1. - It often provides better legal assistance.

2. - It often provides a public perception of guilt.
    Agreed, and...

3. - It provides power and the ability to influence the behavior of others, as well as purchase (whether through intimidation, manipulation or straight up "paying off") one's innocence.

"I bear the chain I forged in life...I made it of my own free will and of my own free will I wore it....your chain was fully as long as this seven Christmas Eve's ago - and you have labored on it since." Jacob Marley

MURDERER'S! You know g**damn well what happened to your kid so stop playing the victim and just confess you lying murdering liars! - Mr. Chris Stotch - South Park

All posts are my opinion only.

Anyway, back to initial point, if the ramseys hadnt had money, patsy, if not john as well, would be in jail today, IMO.
    You're DAMN right!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyes
    Agreed, and...

3. - It provides power and the ability to influence the behavior of others, as well as purchase (whether through intimidation, manipulation or straight up "paying off") one's innocence.
    Agreed, think O.J. Simpson, Michael Jackson, and Robert Blake...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Jay78
    One other thing i noticed in PMPT is how the police right from the start acknowledged that they should kiss the Ramseys as* merely because they are wealthy. They have to be "respected." Anyone who hasnt read PMPT, i say pick it up. there is some shocking stuff in there. For instance, the police wanted to release the house back to the ramseys on the 26th or 27th i believe, but the fbi told them not to. Anyway, back to initial point, if the ramseys hadnt had money, patsy, if not john as well, would be in jail today, IMO.
    I think so, too.It's a shame all cases aren't treated equally...suspects are suspects and none should be handled with kid gloves.Interrogate and investigate them all thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    You're DAMN right!
    Yes I agree. Here's my favorite quote about just this very thing.
    Dr. Cyril Wecht called the JBR case a "gross example of what money can buy in America."