CT CT - Lisa Calvo, 40, New Haven, 6 Oct 2005

Rle7

Reaction score
A New Haven family offered a reward Saturday for new information that might aid the search for their daughter Lisa Calvo, 40, who disappeared one year ago, NBC 30's Erika Tarantal reported.

It was exactly a year ago that Diane Calvo last spoke to her daughter, Lisa. Fighting a painful drug addiction, Lisa had lost custody of her twins and was desperately trying to recover.

"She was determined to get herself back on the right track so that she could get her children back," said the woman’s mother.

Their last conversation was about just that -- planning for a brighter future. Lisa was set to head home that very day to stay with her parents and go into treatment. But then she vanished, Tarantal reported.

"And that's why a lot of this is sort of a shock because a lot of things were in place," according to Diane Calvo.

Lisa Calvo was living on Murray Place in the Fair Haven section of New Haven when she disappeared. She was known to hang out on Grand Avenue, but police and even a private investigator have found no sign of her.

Now the family is offering a reward, her mother told Tarantal.

http://www.nbc30.com/news/10024678/detail.html

I wonder if at the last minute she changed her mind about going into treatment? Sometimes that happens and then the person is to ashamed to contact anyone. I wonder if her friends have heard anything from her or if her parents know who her friends are as they are most likely addicts too.

I hope that she contacts her parents soon is she is alright. Addiction is like a living evil. It doen't not want to let go.

RLE, can you correct the thread title to reflect 2005 and not 2006?

I actually believe that this woman is still alive and just lost somewhere in the seedy underground of drugs.

Generally when I see these type of posts I think the worst. But I have hope that Lisa is still out there somewhere and just figured it was better to leave everyone alone instead of putting them through anymore pain.

4Angels said:
RLE, can you correct the thread title to reflect 2005 and not 2006?
Hi 4Angels.

I show 10/07/05 on my computer screen. Does it look different on yours?

New Haven police have taken DNA samples from the relatives of two city women who have been missing for several years to see if they match skeletal remains found in Vernon.

The Register first reported online Wednesday that Janet Frisco, mother of missing New Haven woman Evelyn Frisco, said police came to get her DNA sample on Tuesday.

Police spokesman Officer David Hartman said Thursday that DNA also was obtained from relatives of missing woman Lisa Calvo, who disappeared in October 2005.

Much more at link: http://www.nhregister.com/general-n...-dna-taken-from-relative-of-2nd-missing-woman

Lisa Ann Calvo was last seen by her family on the morning of October 6, 2005. She was homeless at the time and had been living on the streets, but the day she disappeared she was set to move into her parents’ home. She was also set to enter a drug treatment program.

Police are still searching for Calvo, and are now offering a $50,000 reward for any information leading to her whereabouts.

lisa-ann-calvo.png

http://fox61.com/2016/05/03/50000-reward-offered-in-2005-new-haven-missing-persons-case/

Mike Wuchek and his fellow New Haven detectives delivered reward flyers to 1,000 Fair Haven doors this weekend in hopes of finding new clues to a decade-old mystery.

The mystery: What happened to Lisa Calvo?

(...)

Over the years New Haven cops chased lead after lead. They brought cadaver dogs to Russell Street, to Middletown Avenue, to the West Haven dump, to marshes and woods. No luck.

“We haven’t been able to come up with her whereabouts, whether she’s safe or not,” said Wuchek, who took over the investigation last September
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/index.php/archives/entry/lisa_calvo/

• lisa_ann_calvo_1.jpg
  • lisa_ann_calvo_2.jpg
  • lisa_ann_calvo_3.jpg
Calvo, circa 2005

• Missing Since 10/06/2005
  • Missing From New Haven, Connecticut
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/02/1965 (58)
  • Age 40 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'11, 105 pounds

• Medical Conditions Calvo was addicted to heroin and was in poor health at the time of her disappearance.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Calvo has a tattoo of a spiderweb on her right thigh and an additional tattoo on her right leg.

June 3, 2016

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10