VT - Michelle Gardner-Quinn, 21, Burlington, 7 Oct 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link
A UVM student vanished this weekend, and police call the disappearance "highly suspicious."

No one has seen 21 year-old Michelle Gardner Quinn since about 2:15 a.m. Saturday morning. She left downtown to look for a friend's apartment and never found it. Police say Quinn then decided to walk home. She was last seen on Main Street in Burlington, near Edmunds Elementary School.

This is UVM's Parents Weekend, so her parents were visiting from Virginia. Quinn was supposed to meet them for lunch Saturday, but she never showed up - that's when she was reported missing.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

That is strange that she didn't show up to have lunch with her parents. I hope that she is alright and just ended up sleeping in late at a friend's apt.

To many college kids have ended up missing and I hope that this gal's story has a different ending then most of the others. Thinking of her parents.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,218779,00.html?sPage=fnc.national/crime

BURLINGTON, Vt. — Local police are searching for a University of Vermont student last seen early Saturday morning as she was walking back to campus from downtown.

City and UVM police are calling the disappearance of Michelle Gardner-Quinn of Arlington, Va., "suspicious."

Gardner-Quinn, 21, was last seen at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday, Burlington police said..

Gardner-Quinn's roommate, Erin Degraw, said Sunday that people were worried and upset.

"No one's heard from her since Friday night," said roommate Eric Degraw, an 18-year-old freshman from Honeoye, N.Y.

Gardner-Quinn's friends distributed missing-person fliers through Burlington on Sunday. The five s went out Friday to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday by visiting several Burlington bars.

Gardner-Quinn left before the others to walk back to her room, said friend Tommy Lang.

Picture and more at link.

It drives me nuts when disappearances are called "suspicious"! Aren't all missing persons disappearances under suspicious circumstances? I just don't get it.

anyway, prayers for this poor young woman! :(

There is an article in the Boston Herald about Micelle...found this info particularly interesting and disturbing:

“She’s out of place with no logical explanation for being out of place,” said police Detective Kim Edwards. “At this point we do not believe she left on her own free will.”

Police called the disappearance “highly suspicious” and said there was concern Gardner-Quinn may have fallen prey to a man who tried to lure a woman into his car at about the same time she was last seen, about three-quarters of a mile away.

That woman told police the man - in his 20s, driving a “Subaru-type” hatchback vehicle and wearing a baseball cap and gray hooded sweatshirt - asked her to get into the car and she refused, according to Police Chief Thomas Tremblay.

According to Tremblay, that happened about 20 minutes after Gardner-Quinn was last seen, but he said it was unclear if that was related and conceded that investigators are struggling for leads.

“It’s difficult to classify something as as good lead at this point,” Tremblay said. Boston Herald - 10/9/06

This doesn't sound good at all. : (

PrayersForMaura said:
It drives me nuts when disappearances are called "suspicious"! Aren't all missing persons disappearances under suspicious circumstances? I just don't get it.

anyway, prayers for this poor young woman! :(

Not to police. Too many times they think it's just a runaway or they went home with someone and will turn up safe. I'm afraid this one is not going to be one of those and I'm glad they are taking it seriously. IMO they should take all of them seriously until they know better.

NG covered this tonight. LE is calling her disappearance "highly suspicious."

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=161548

Police called the disappearance “highly suspicious” and said there was concern Gardner-Quinn may have fallen prey to a man who tried to lure a woman into his car at about the same time she was last seen, about three-quarters of a mile away.

That woman told police the man - in his 20s, driving a “Subaru-type” hatchback vehicle and wearing a baseball cap and gray hooded sweatshirt - asked her to get into the car and she refused, according to Police Chief Thomas Tremblay.

According to Tremblay, that happened about 20 minutes after Gardner-Quinn was last seen, but he said it was unclear if that was related and conceded that investigators are struggling for leads.

“It’s difficult to classify something as as good lead at this point,” Tremblay said.

Did anyone notice that her myspace page shows she has attended five different colleges in three years? Hope and pray she is found soon.

Some years there are no murders in Vermont...My son is in college in Burlington (he was home with us on Friday night,though) and we have felt so good about his living there rather than in some other college towns.
Burlington is a very charming small city, a seemingly wonderful place to be a college student.

Police say he's not a suspect, but I'd like to hear more detail about when and where the "random guy" parted company with Michelle, leaving her alone.

Gardner-Quinn, a senior majoring in Latin American studies and environmental science, went out Friday with a group of friends to celebrate one's 21st birthday at several downtown bars. She parted with the group about 2:15 a.m. to walk back up the hill toward campus, accompanied by a person her friends described as "a random guy."

She hasn't been seen since.
- http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/10/national/main2076605.shtml

Not a suspect, but would l would like to hear more detail of exactly where and when the "random guy" parted company with Michelle, leaving her alone.

Gardner-Quinn, a senior majoring in Latin American studies and environmental science, went out Friday with a group of friends to celebrate one friend's 21st birthday at several downtown bars. She parted with the group about 2:15 a.m. to walk back up the hill toward campus, accompanied by a person her friends described as "a random guy."

Her parents reported her missing Saturday night after Gardner-Quinn failed to show up for a planned visit with them, Edwards said. Police say the man Gardner-Quinn's friends saw her leaving with is not a suspect in her disappearance.
- http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149191060873&path=!news&s=1045855934842

Greta just did a segment on Michelle. I hope she turns up but it doesn't sound very promising.

How sad. This young lady has been all over the world traveling and probably going to school. She is the only child in her family and I can only imagine the pain her parents are in tonight. She goes out to celebrate a friends 21st birthday and in a seconds time she is gone. How I wish she had stayed with her friends.

I really wish that everyone of all ages would realize how dangerous it is to be out on the streets alone in the middle of the night. In this day and age no one should be walking alone or jogging alone any time of the day or night. I swear there are perverts around every corner just waiting for the perfect moment to grab someone. I see people alone with headphones on and someone could come up behind them and they would never know it until it was to late.

The Virginia resident was scheduled to meet with her parents Saturday for dinner. When she didn't show they called police. ((tape 7:53 Tremblay"They're obviously very clearly concerned about the situation. They're focused in family issues and concerns right now. And they have asked that they not be identified at this time."))
That was from this link;
news link

Gardner-Quinn was last seen at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday on Main Street near Edmunds Elementary and Middle School. She had dinner earlier that evening with her parents, who were in town for UVM's Family Weekend, said family friend Gail Fendley of Falls Church, Va. Then Gardner-Quinn joined a group of friends to celebrate a 21st birthday at several downtown bars.
link

Articles differ.
She did not meet her family.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics