892 users online (121 members and 771 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Newborn Found Alive In Trash Bag...

ALIVE!!

The baby was found Sunday behind a burned-out house in Roslindale by a neighbor, who found the baby in a trash bag and called 911.

"She went outside and she heard the noise. She came inside and she told my mom," Mata said.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...0410&qs=1;bp=t

Okay, so I was viewing the video link on CNN and they were interviewing some kids from that neighborhood. What's amazing to me is that the kids knew all about the other options that the mother had besides leaving her newborn to die. I don't mean that in a bad way , just was glad that even young girls are being educated to the safe haven laws.

Finally, a semi-good outcome.

Awwwww....his name is Jordan, same as my youngest son. Praise the Lord he was found in time.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    ALIVE!!

The baby was found Sunday behind a burned-out house in Roslindale by a neighbor, who found the baby in a trash bag and called 911.

"She went outside and she heard the noise. She came inside and she told my mom," Mata said.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...0410&qs=1;bp=t

Okay, so I was viewing the video link on CNN and they were interviewing some kids from that neighborhood. What's amazing to me is that the kids knew all about the other options that the mother had besides leaving her newborn to die. I don't mean that in a bad way , just was glad that even young girls are being educated to the safe haven laws.

Finally, a semi-good outcome.

Sad that the mother didn't take the baby to a "Safe Haven." It was said tonight since 1999 when some of the states started adopting Safe Haven there have been 600 babies turned into Safe Havens!!! Now there are 49 states who have the "Safe Haven" law.

This little guy is in critical condition. I sure hope that he will be 100% alright.

Hope the little guy makes it...
    Didn't say the cops got the mother, inless I missed it...

I'm so tired of reading these stories about people (maybe I shoud just say women) abadoning or killing their babies. There are too many people out there waiting to give a child a good home for them to do this.

If and when they find the mother I hope they prosecute. She had other options.

This story is so sad and the thought that there was a hospital very close to where he waS found makes it worse. That mother could have dropped him off and they wouldnt have said a word , and he wouldnt have gotten cold and near death when they find this mother , they should tie her in a garbage bag, naked ,and cold weather and let her stay in the elements and see how it feels....

I don't understand why people don't know they can do this without recrimmination? It should be posted all over the place and "taught" in schools. I guess some feel it might increase sexual activity in students, but still, like birth control, this information should be out there everywhere. I'd love for young kids NOT to be sexually active, but in this day and age that's not practical thinking. If my kid was going to "do it" no matter what I'd tried to teach them, I want them to know to be safe and protected as much as possible. It's one thing for a teen to make mistakes, but why damage two lives along the way as in the baby's.

I had just read another thread about the drive by killing of the 3 year old and I'm thinking, our youth feel it's ok to drive by and kill, but they won't drive by and dump a child, honk a horn to let someone come get him before his health/life are in danger? She could go to the bank at night and get cash but not go to what amounts to a baby depository? Where's the thinking in these people's brains?