539 users online (63 members and 476 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Madonna Adopts 13 Month Old Baby

This is what the DailyTelegraph are saying, haven't heard anything confirmed yet, has anyone else?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001026,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by lizziedripping
    This is what the DailyTelegraph are saying, haven't heard anything confirmed yet, has anyone else?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001026,00.html
    Heard it on Good Morning America. I'm glad the baby will return once in awhile to his roots. The father seems happy about it.
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Locals officials say Madonna is working out a deal with representatives from the village and the orphanage which will lead to building and infrastructure development over the next few years.
    This is good.

i'm not completely full of positive feelings that the father will be parted from his son, though. however, it does seem as though he did put David in the orphanage and had already decided he wouldn't be a part of his life anymore.

all the best to David and his new family.

Although I don't really care for Madonna and her "antics" her children SEEM really well adjusted. Hopefully it'll be the same for her new little one.

I guess time will tell.

Guy halts Madonna's adoption plans

"It has led to some serious arguments and put a lot of pressure on their marriage," the source told the newspaper.

"Guy has adoption issues in his family and is all too aware of the problems. He doesn't think Madonna has really thought it through."

The source added that his family is concerned that she is only intent on adopting an orphan to have the child as "a celebrity status symbol".

http://news.viewlondon.co.uk/Guy_hal..._17765279.html

When this was published people thought Guy had halted the adoption plan.

clearly he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Guy halts Madonna's adoption plans

"It has led to some serious arguments and put a lot of pressure on their marriage," the source told the newspaper.

"Guy has adoption issues in his family and is all too aware of the problems. He doesn't think Madonna has really thought it through."

The source added that his family is concerned that she is only intent on adopting an orphan to have the child as "a celebrity status symbol".

http://news.viewlondon.co.uk/Guy_hal..._17765279.html

When this was published people thought Guy had halted the adoption plan.

clearly he lost.
    ooooh, i hope that isn't true....surely not, ugh

Madonna may have wanted another natural child, but, at 47, she
    is likely too old to accomplish that.

I can't help but feel that she jumped on the "Adopt an African orphan"
    bandwagon, but regardless of her reasons, I hope the child is loved
    and cared for by the entire family.
    Justice for Jonbenet!

I don't understand why some of these latest celebrities have no loyalty to their own country and the place that has given them all their money and made them famous. There are plenty of kids of all races right here who need a home and would love to be adopted. I agree with some who think that Madonna could have helped this baby's Dad and Granny so that he could stay with his own family. They just couldn't afford to keep the baby it seems. That is not usually the case with kids in these celeb's home country.

Madonna adoption bid challenged

A Malawian child rights group has said it wants to stop Madonna adopting a child from the African country.

The organisation, Eye of the Child, said it would seek a court injunction if the government did not halt its interim order approving the adoption.

"It's not like selling property," the group said in a statement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6048674.stm

It really is tantamount to human trafficking, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki
    I don't understand why some of these latest celebrities have no loyalty to their own country and the place that has given them all their money and made them famous. There are plenty of kids of all races right here who need a home and would love to be adopted. I agree with some who think that Madonna could have helped this baby's Dad and Granny so that he could stay with his own family. They just couldn't afford to keep the baby it seems. That is not usually the case with kids in these celeb's home country.
    You must have read my mind. Like the US doesn't have it's own hungry, orphaned children to take care of?

txsvicki & bp64, I agree and I've never understood that either......guess it's just not 'trendy' to do so

exactly!!!! how come no celebrity ever adopted a poor little orphan from appalachia??

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    exactly!!!! how come no celebrity ever adopted a poor little orphan from appalachia??
    Living in Appalachia, and being a Southerner (as I suspect you are. Hmmm.), we know why: It's not trendy enough. The old values aren't trendy: they're timeless, and even more relevant today. No image, no flash, doing the right thing is its own reward; Madonna is a poster child for the self-obsessed and will never live that life.

Crypto6

I am no Madonna fan...and that probably figures into my feelings....

It really seems like this is the Celebrity Thing To Do these days...I read i think in Time a couple of months ago that Madonna had never been to Africa before but was intregued by things she had read. She wanted to find some way to show her support.

I have no doubt that the stars that have been supporting places like Darfur for several years have been doing it for the right reasons. And every star that goes there really does shed light on the horrid situations there.

But I don't know that Madonna is there for the right reasons, and certainly has not been laying low in her efforts...

And about her adopting a child from the US of A? Remember, she thinks we are pretty heathen-ish. That is one of the reasons she lives in the UK...

Lynie

Perhaps there are celebs who have adopted children from Appalachian orphanages or similar places where there is a great need. Maybe these adoptions have been for the right reasons and they don't need the publicity.

There is no question that this baby and his family need help, perhaps she would have gained good publicity had she taken on the village and provided finances to help the community. That way, this child could stay with family. Adopt the village Madonna, provide shelters, finance schools etc.
    Some people try to turn back their odometers.
    Not me! I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Don't hold hate in your heart, it takes up too much room

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast