818 users online (91 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

IA - Mom Tried To Trade Son For Wedding Gown

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Police said an Iowa woman wanted a wedding gown so badly that she would have traded her child for it.

Davenport, Iowa, police charged 31-year-old Marcy Gant with one felony count of sale of an individual. She is accused of trying to sell her 4-year-old son.

They said Gant bought a wedding dress from a local street vendor, paid part of the tab, and offered her son to make up the rest of the balance.

"During negotiations for the payment of this wedding dress, on at least two occasions, Ms. Gant offered her 4-year-old son as collateral," Capt. Dave Struckman of the Davenport Police Department.

Neighbors said they were shocked.

"(There is) something very mentally wrong with her to think that that is OK," said Angie Bruce, Gant's neighbor. "(If) those children go back to her they're in danger. That's just not acceptable if the state lets her have those children back."

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10051260/detail.html

This women has other children......OMG, I would hope that they are not going to be offered for sale to "others", this women must be mentally ill, who in their right mind would do something like that.

How can anyone ever let these kids go back to her, I wonder what else she may have done in the past to these kids also.

If she wants to sell her son, obviously she sees him as an object and has not emotional attachment to him.

When I first read this I was thinking, "Oh, she was joking." I can't tell you how many times my husband has made jokes like that: "Grr, gonna have to use the credit card. I could just pay you with the cash I have and give you my wife though! I warn you; she's a feisty one! She bites!" My husband's only joking though. I knew this lady wasn't joking when she said she tried to do it... twice.

Here's another thread about this story:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...32#post1204832

Quote Originally Posted by Melisinde
    When I first read this I was thinking, "Oh, she was joking." I can't tell you how many times my husband has made jokes like that: "Grr, gonna have to use the credit card. I could just pay you with the cash I have and give you my wife though! I warn you; she's a feisty one! She bites!" My husband's only joking though. I knew this lady wasn't joking when she said she tried to do it... twice.

I thought it was a joke too.

My first cousin who fanatically loves Elvis use to go to Graceland and she would tell the security guard on the gate if he would let her in so she could get to see Elvis she would give him her kids and husband! Of course she was joking........well I think she was.

IMO

Ocean
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina