GUILTY FL - Randall & Michelle Piercy for child abuse, Jacksonville, 2006

ajc2804

Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A man has been charged with torturing his 9-year-old son by keeping him locked in a bedroom for much of the past three years, with a surveillance camera tracking his every move, authorities said Thursday.

The home of Randall Warren Piercy, 41, was like a prison that had cameras in almost every room, with the father monitoring the boy on television and computer screens, Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Lt. Annie Smith said.

During the past three years, the boy has not attended school, received medical attention or had contact with people outside his family, Smith said. The police report said he was home schooled but could not read children's books.

Relatives told police that the boy was usually allowed to use the bathroom once a day because his father was teaching him to control his body.

Piercy was arrested Wednesday on charges of aggravated child abuse in the torture, malicious punishment and unlawful caging of the boy.

As officers walked him into jail, he said he was wrongly accused and was the victim of a vendetta by his in-laws. He told police he kept the child in the room because he "believed it was in the best interest of the child," Smith said.

*more at link*

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,220178,00.html

Again FLorida at its finest!

First off I want to know why this child was not being tested yearly at the school as per homeschool requirments?

Secondly, Why is the mother NOT charged??
What do they need to investigate?? She was there and permitted this.
He only "let" her see him for an hour a day??
Over your dead body are you "letting" me do anything in regards to my children.

What kind of BS is that?? Even worse the police believed her whiney wimpy "I am just a women" crap and have not arrested her.
She needs to be charged right along side of him.

Oh THIS one is easy. (I'm playing Judge here)

He's going to be in a cage (solitary confinement) 24 hours a day, too, but under these conditions:
1. No books to read.
2. A faint scent of urine pumped in like an air freshener puff.
3. A camera pointed at his "bed" and broadcast over the internet 24/7.

Amraann said:
Again FLorida at its finest!

First off I want to know why this child was not being tested yearly at the school as per homeschool requirments?

Secondly, Why is the mother NOT charged??
What do they need to investigate?? She was there and permitted this.
He only "let" her see him for an hour a day??
Over your dead body are you "letting" me do anything in regards to my children.

What kind of BS is that?? Even worse the police believed her whiney wimpy "I am just a women" crap and have not arrested her.
She needs to be charged right along side of him.
She sure does, no excuse, she should be arrested!

I am so sick of these people who defend themselves by saying that the child was challenged or hyper or....and it was in their best interest. What a crock of *advertiser censored*!:furious:

"We are very protective" to me translates into either dad is abusive and mom wasn't willing to stand up to him or mom didn't want to deal with her own son because of whatever behavioral problem he has or his parents perceive that he has. No matter what, it just makes me sick. Nobody ever promised that you'd get the "perfect" kids when you have them. I wonder what they thought they'd do with this poor boy when he grew up? Thank god there was a grandmother that finally did something even if it does seem a little belated although we don't know the facts...

It should be ensured this child should never have to see or have any contact with his so called 'parents' ever again.

i hope he finds a happy environment to live for the rest of his childhood, poor little one. :(

Best interest for the child? What a crock! I hope they put him in a nice dark place. The mother too! How do these woman keep letting this happen to their children?

I am curious about the "relatives who said he was allowed to go to the bathroom once a day." Did they attempt to do anything about this? This is inhumane, among other things. Both these so-called parents need a real lesson here. Any volunteers to teach that lesson?

god, talk about a control freak! this is just bizarre. so i take it the parents are divorced? how did he ever get custody of the kid?

GlitchWizard said:
Oh THIS one is easy. (I'm playing Judge here)

He's going to be in a cage (solitary confinement) 24 hours a day, too, but under these conditions:
1. No books to read.
2. A faint scent of urine pumped in like an air freshener puff.
3. A camera pointed at his "bed" and broadcast over the internet 24/7.

LOL I like the way you think! I would add one other thing though... Give him lots to drink during the day but only let him go to the bathroom 1 time a day!

A point to consider. Police say the child was only allowed out of his room for about an hour a day. Yet there were cameras in almost every room. So who else do you think he was monitoring?

"Relatives told police that the boy was usually allowed to use the bathroom only once a day because his father was teaching him to control his body."

1. Realtives knew this has been going on and nothig has been done until now. good people, if this is how they treat family they love, I wonder how they treat an enemy.

2. I challenge all of you to only use the bathroom once today and see how it goes. that is tourtue and will not teach you strength it will train you to be incontinent

"According to a police report, investigators were told Michelle Piercy allowed her husband to make all the decisions regarding the boy. The report said her husband let her see the boy only at certain times and usually for only an hour a day"
I WILL NOT allow ANYONE to tell me when and where I can see my children. my children and I would be living elswhere if my husband pulled a stunt like that.
Amraann, not only is it FL at it's finest it is also mothering at it's finest.

OK,,, HELLO!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!?? so...... the older brother was *18* (!) and DID HE NOT REPORT ANYTHING TO AUTHORITIES??? am i understanding this right-- that he has been living on his own for some time now, KNEW his younger brother was being kept in his psycho father's 'prison'- and the same abuse that was done to him was being done to his brother-- he KNEW it was wrong,,--- and he did not call police or do anything about it???

reb said:
OK,,, HELLO!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!?? so...... the older brother was *18* (!) and DID HE NOT REPORT ANYTHING TO AUTHORITIES??? am i understanding this right-- that he has been living on his own for some time now, KNEW his younger brother was being kept in his psycho father's 'prison'- and the same abuse that was done to him was being done to his brother-- he KNEW it was wrong,,--- and he did not call police or do anything about it???
I'm hard-pressed to lay blame on an 18-year-old who has escaped that type of longterm abuse. It's common for abusers to still control their victims in this manner long after they have escaped.

The mother "term used lightly"........must be a stupid azz to allow her child to be treated like that. :doh:

reb said:

According to the article, the older brother ran away years ago. It doesn't give any specifics about where he has been living. I cannot lay blame on this CHILD victim. Yes, it is unfortunate that he did not go straigh to authorities, but it is likely that he was terrified for his life. Also, it is possible that the younger brother, who was even younger then, was not subject to the same degree of abuse at a younger age (possible). Anyway, I DO wonder about the relatives who comment on the bathroom restrictions? When did they know about this? Did they report it immeidately upon learning that boy's situation? Maybe they were the one who instigated the investigation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back