Man, 91, finishes law degree a year and a half ahead of schedule

georgiagirl

Opinionated Southern Belle
Reaction score
SYDNEY, Australia (AP) — A 91-year-old man has earned a law degree from an Australian university, finishing the six-year course more than a year ahead of schedule because he said "time is of the essence."

Allan Stewart was granted a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England in eastern Australia on Saturday. Course study normally spans six years, but Stewart finished in just 4 1/2 years.

"There is a saying in law that time is of the essence," he said in a statement issued by the university. "I think if I had let it run too much longer I might not have finished it."

Stewart said learning to use the Internet was the biggest challenge in completing the degree.

"I was not literate in computers at all," the sprightly nonagenarian said. "I was completely self-taught as far as that was concerned."

http://www.courttv.com/people/2006/1011/law_degree_ap.html

writeBotTools();
email.gif
E

:) What an achievement! It's nice to read a happy story. I went to college with an 85 year old man who managed to get his degree too. I'm so proud to hear these stories of these wonderful folks who go to school late in life.

Quote:"I was not literate in computers at all," the sprightly nonagenarian said. "I was completely self-taught as far as that was concerned."

Figures it would be the computer skills that would be the hardest to master!

Gozgals

Wow! Good for him. Sometimes I feel like I will be in my 90's before I am done with my degree. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back