775 users online (110 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Bodies of couple, 2 sons found along turnpike, Port St Lucie, 13 Oct 2006

FORT PIERCE — Four bodies, a male and female adults and a young boy and girl, were found about 7:52 a.m. today just off the southbound lanes of Florida's Turnpike near Midway Road.

The four, whom authorities are assuming are a husband, wife ages 30 to 35 and two children ages 4 to 6, each appeared to have been shot several times. The woman reportedly was found clutching the two children.
    "It's a gruesome, gruesome scene down there," said St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara.

Authorities believe the four were shot at the scene — rather than being shot elsewhere and moved there — sometime between midnight and 7 a.m. today. No vehicles are at the scene. The bodies are 30 to 40 feet off the roadway near a stand of trees. A makeshift tent has been erected to shield them from the view of passing motorists.

more at the link http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_news...063730,00.html
    Retired 08/03/03

I live not far from where this happened. Wonder if it's a carjacking. So sad.

Ugh.....Once again I am asking IS THERE NO LOVE LEFT IN THIS WORLD??????

The part about the Mom being found clutching her children is absolutely heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    Ugh.....Once again I am asking IS THERE NO LOVE LEFT IN THIS WORLD??????

The part about the Mom being found clutching her children is absolutely heartbreaking.
    I wonder if that means they were taken out of the car alive and then shot since she is still clutching them. The victims have been IDed but LE did not put out a description of what ever vehicle they had (if they had one).

A real let down here is the tolls had their cameras off so they were not recording according to the Palm Beach Post:
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasur...013bodies.html

The camera could have recorded if anyone was in the car with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound
    I wonder if that means they were taken out of the car alive and then shot since she is still clutching them. The victims have been IDed but LE did not put out a description of what ever vehicle they had (if they had one).

A real let down here is the tolls had their cameras off so they were not recording according to the Palm Beach Post:

The camera could have recorded if anyone was in the car with them.
    What a terrible tragedy! I'm hardpressed to believe they picked up a hitchhiker. It does sound like a car-jacking, either by someone they know or by a stranger. It's sad to think that four young lives were lost over a vehicle.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

let me guess..... illegal alien and children shot because she (or the family) could not come up with the money to pay (or refused to pay) the smuggler?

or,, probably more accurate-- another father gone psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by reb
    let me guess..... illegal alien and children shot because she (or the family) could not come up with the money to pay (or refused to pay) the smuggler?

or,, probably more accurate-- another father gone psycho.
    The way I understand it- the father was shot multiple times, too.

The image of the Mom holding her children breaks my heart!

yeah,, it's so sad that our society has come down to this.. that it's become a GOOD thing to have public cameras everywhere, to capture all the crimes that go down..

oh sorry,, guess i read too fast. OK, i'll go with #2 then.

unless,, of course, the father is still the murderer and the man found shot is someone else (the woman's brother, friend or boyfriend...?)

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    The way I understand it- the father was shot multiple times, too.

The image of the Mom holding her children breaks my heart!
    My heart is so sad. That poor family.

LE IDed the adults but have not yet IDed the children. Maybe the children are not theirs, or maybe it's just the children have no ID on them like the parents may have had, so making a definite ID is harder?
    A witness heard 8-9 gunshots but nothing else.
    LE thinks the victims were in the suspect's vehicle and the suspect fled south.

New information

I just notice this additional info in the report below from FoxNews

It appears to be a Hispanic family," Mascara said. "The female had both the children clutched in a defensive mode, in an attempt to protect them. It gives the appearance that they were a family traveling."
    (MORE below)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,220493,00.html

This is just heartbreaking.. those poor people.. children. That image of the mother protecting her children will haunt me...

i have to admit I was glad to hear that at least the mother did everything she could at that moment to protect those children...even down to shielding them as best as she could.. so vastly different then some of the crimes we read here. Its horrible to think that they were just taken out of a car and executed..no one deserves to be terrorized and shot to death this way. I am certain that heaven has opened their gates and each is wrapped tightly in an angels wings now..

This is so terribly sad. Those poor people. I hope they can verify the identities quickly and find if the murderer is somebody they knew. I can't imagine even the sickest person killing an entire family over a car. I will not be surprised if this proves to be something very personal.

What is the point of having security cameras if you are not going to have them on?

Sorry Floridians, nothing personal, but your state is at the top of my list to avoid. It just seems that there is an inordinate quantity of violent and sexual crimes there -- and lots of child victims. You need to eliminate the entire current body of people whose responsibility it is to look out for and police your state and replace them with competent people. I don't care if they're liberal or conservative, just put some effective government in place! (sorry, I am just really getting fed up with all the incomprehensible killings)

HOW could anyone shoot a child? I just don't get it....

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast