GUILTY SC - Twins Davion & Trevon Wilson, 9 mos, smothered, Moncks Corner, 11 Oct 2006

2 more angels in heaven.....

You'd of thought she would of given them up for adoption.

knicksgal1 said:
My sister, who lives about 10 minutes from Moncks corner, has two 5-month old boys. She is exhausted all the time even though she has lots of help.

If it weren't for this woman's confession, it almost seems like an accident. No prior signs of abuse, etc...9 months is a long time later to have postpartum depression. Prayers for this woman and her family.

Tom Cruise would disagree.

Such a horrible story. I'm not trying to defend what happened, but part of me wonders if this was a case of a too tired/stressed Mom who just snapped. When I was in early menopause, I would have these sudden absolutely unexplainable RAGES. To the degree I'd get up and shut myself in a back room until it passed because I was afraid I'd smack one of my animals if they did anything that bothered me even slightly. They stopped, and I never touched anyone or anything (okay I beat the crap out of the pillows in the guest room a time or two), but yet I can see how even very passive and good folks can just "go temporarily insane" due to hormones.

I am a mom of 8 month old twins and this makes me sick to my stomach. I love them more that anything and my life would be empty if I didn't have them.

Malapoo said:
Tom Cruise would disagree.

Such a horrible story. I'm not trying to defend what happened, but part of me wonders if this was a case of a too tired/stressed Mom who just snapped. When I was in early menopause, I would have these sudden absolutely unexplainable RAGES. To the degree I'd get up and shut myself in a back room until it passed because I was afraid I'd smack one of my animals if they did anything that bothered me even slightly. They stopped, and I never touched anyone or anything (okay I beat the crap out of the pillows in the guest room a time or two), but yet I can see how even very passive and good folks can just "go temporarily insane" due to hormones.

After my son was born I got very sick. I was angry and had this awful fury inside all of the time. I had gone on the birth control pill after he was born so I assumed it was the pill doing it so I went off of it. It didn't help.

I had a beautiful baby boy that I had waited 9 long months to hold and love but for some reason I wasn't happy. My son crying would drive me out of my mind- I'd want to scream at him to shut up. When I would feed him his bottle my hair would fall into my face and that made me want to scream and throw the bottle across the room. I got to the point I was so sick and angry inside I just wanted to die to get away from myself.

I tried to do all the right things.. I went to therapy, got on anti-deppressents, excersized, cut caffeine out of my diet, went on Vitamins, etc etc. and nothing helped!
I felt like an awful mother, a sh!tty wife and I hated myself so much because no matter what I did I couldn't stop feeling this way. I couldn't enjoy my beautiful child!

I was angry for so long and as awful as it sounds, I had times where I wanted to strike my child, I had times I wished I'd never had him! I had times where I had to place my son in his crib and go outside to call someone to come over and get him because I wanted to hurt him.

Life was miserable for my husband and my child and it took a few years but I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, got on medication and changed a lot of things in my life style (no drinking, no caffeine, 3 meals a day and lots of sleep are vital in treating Bipolar successfully).

Suddenly I was happy again- I could laugh again and wanted to sing to my child as he drank his bottle. I *wanted* to get up in the morning and take a shower- for the first time in a very long time I wanted to live my life and hold my child!

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, I was sick- G0D- was I sooo sick but I never hurt my child!! I had some pretty messed up thoughts and was often angry enough to hurt him but I was able to stop myself. I knew right from wrong, and was able to make a *choice* and I chose to do the right thing, as sick as I was.

I have a hard time with women like this one- CHOOSING to kill or hurt their babies and then blame it on mental illness, as if they had no choice!!
(The only case I have followed and believed the insanity defense was Andrea Yates- that woman was off her rocker!)

*Stepping back* Sorry for the rant, Ya'll!

OneLostGrl said:
After my son was born I got very sick. I was angry and had this awful fury inside all of the time. I had gone on the birth control pill after he was born so I assumed it was the pill doing it so I went off of it. It didn't help.

I had a beautiful baby boy that I had waited 9 long months to hold and love but for some reason I wasn't happy. My son crying would drive me out of my mind- I'd want to scream at him to shut up. When I would feed him his bottle my hair would fall into my face and that made me want to scream and throw the bottle across the room. I got to the point I was so sick and angry inside I just wanted to die to get away from myself.

I tried to do all the right things.. I went to therapy, got on anti-deppressents, excersized, cut caffeine out of my diet, went on Vitamins, etc etc. and nothing helped!
I felt like an awful mother, a sh!tty wife and I hated myself so much because no matter what I did I couldn't stop feeling this way. I couldn't enjoy my beautiful child!

I was angry for so long and as awful as it sounds, I had times where I wanted to strike my child, I had times I wished I'd never had him! I had times where I had to place my son in his crib and go outside to call someone to come over and get him because I wanted to hurt him.

Life was miserable for my husband and my child and it took a few years but I was finally diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, got on medication and changed a lot of things in my life style (no drinking, no caffeine, 3 meals a day and lots of sleep are vital in treating Bipolar successfully).

Suddenly I was happy again- I could laugh again and wanted to sing to my child as he drank his bottle. I *wanted* to get up in the morning and take a shower- for the first time in a very long time I wanted to live my life and hold my child!

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, I was sick- G0D- was I sooo sick but I never hurt my child!! I had some pretty messed up thoughts and was often angry enough to hurt him but I was able to stop myself. I knew right from wrong, and was able to make a *choice* and I chose to do the right thing, as sick as I was.

I have a hard time with women like this one- CHOOSING to kill or hurt their babies and then blame it on mental illness, as if they had no choice!!
(The only case I have followed and believed the insanity defense was Andrea Yates- that woman was off her rocker!)

I applaud you for getting the help you need! Thanks for sharing your story and hopefully if anyone else is having problems after giving birth they will have the courage to get help as well.

I agree it's hard to give something like this the "benefit of the doubt". But I think part of what comes into play here is your over all character. Those who are strong personalities I think can realize there is something "not right" and to some degree over power it enough to at least not act on angry or violent emotions. But people who are either a little weaker "spirited" or already sort of emotional wrecks/high strung etc may not have the checks and balances in place to rein in that sudden rush of negative thoughts. Not excusing her and certainly there's not near enough information to say this was murder related to mental problems or just plain old murder, but I think strength of character can play a part in enabling some to put the brakes on "uncontrollable rage" while others simply get sucked under.

With or without extinuating circumstances it's a HORRIBLE tragedy.

Of course her going back to sleep - you'd think even in a "rage", she'd realize what she'd done and not be able to fall back asleep.

Malapoo said:
I agree it's hard to give something like this the "benefit of the doubt". But I think part of what comes into play here is your over all character. Those who are strong personalities I think can realize there is something "not right" and to some degree over power it enough to at least not act on angry or violent emotions. But people who are either a little weaker "spirited" or already sort of emotional wrecks/high strung etc may not have the checks and balances in place to rein in that sudden rush of negative thoughts. Not excusing her and certainly there's not near enough information to say this was murder related to mental problems or just plain old murder, but I think strength of character can play a part in enabling some to put the brakes on "uncontrollable rage" while others simply get sucked under.

With or without extinuating circumstances it's a HORRIBLE tragedy.

You certainly make a good point and have given me another way of looking at it.

Thank you!

Malapoo said:
Of course her going back to sleep - you'd think even in a "rage", she'd realize what she'd done and not be able to fall back asleep.

There were no drugs involved though?
It sounds like a "Meth sleep".

OneLostGrl said:

Go ahead and rant. I don't believe this was rage induced or meth- there's been too many of these stories lately, one locally for me, young black mothers who just can't handle their babies crying, so they kill them without a thought!!!:furious: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :behindbar

LinasK said:
Go ahead and rant. I don't believe this was rage induced or meth- there's been too many of these stories lately, one locally for me, young black mothers who just can't handle their babies crying, so they kill them without a thought!!!:furious: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :behindbar
This post makes it sound like these young mothers just kill their children as casually as they would blow their nose. It's not possible to kill your child without a thought. Your thoughts are most certainly dark and diseaesed to come to this place, but they are present.

Additionally, I don't think there's a racial divide to this type of behavior, though I do think there is a poverty/intelligence connection.

I have empathy for these young, often poor, often ignorant motheers. When my first child was born, I was a 32-year-old with every advantage (college-educated, in a solid marraige with a helpful spouse, financially sound, etc...) and I still had a hard time handling a crying baby. I was unprepared for how difficult I found motherhood to the very young ones to be - especially after my second son was born and I had two to care for.

I was overwhelmed for several years and made some very poor "coping" choices along the way - though none of them ever involved violence towards my child. I am not excusing this woman's choices, but I agree with what an earlier poster said about stronger personalities (and I would add - those with stronger support systems) standing a better chance of weathering the trails and tribulations of new parenting.

I'm not sure there's a person out there - at least honest ones, who can't look back at their life and see at least one time they acted horribly. Certianly it didn't extend to murder, and again, I am not excusing this woman, but just making a general statement that we all have "bad inside" and it's gotten out at least once though not to this magnitude.

Malapoo said:
I'm not sure there's a person out there - at least honest ones, who can't look back at their life and see at least one time they acted horribly. Certianly it didn't extend to murder, and again, I am not excusing this woman, but just making a general statement that we all have "bad inside" and it's gotten out at least once though not to this magnitude.
I consider myself to be as close to being a great person doing good deeds as I can be in my life, beyond reproach, and I work very hard at being that kind of person.

But, yeah, you are definitely correct. :)

"Sometimes good people do bad things" is what I told my daughter when her father was arrested.

Please, when you have that thought, though, keep in mind it works the other way too. Horrible crimes are committed by people that ALSO have some good in them. The people who see this, are the people you see standing outside in the rain holding signs at each execution.

GlitchWizard said:
I consider myself to be as close to being a great person doing good deeds as I can be in my life, beyond reproach, and I work very hard at being that kind of person.

But, yeah, you are definitely correct. :)

"Sometimes good people do bad things" is what I told my daughter when her father was arrested.

Please, when you have that thought, though, keep in mind it works the other way too. Horrible crimes are committed by people that ALSO have some good in them. The people who see this, are the people you see standing outside in the rain holding signs at each execution.
I really related to this post. There's bad in the best of us and good in the worst of us. Humans are rarely as black and white as we would like them to be.

2sisters said:
I am a mom of 8 month old twins and this makes me sick to my stomach. I love them more that anything and my life would be empty if I didn't have them.

My twins are 4 1/2 now and while it's been hard at times, they give us twice the love and twice the joy.

I was 40 when they were born and I know what hormonal rage feels like but harm my children? Never.

southcitymom said:
This post makes it sound like these young mothers just kill their children as casually as they would blow their nose. It's not possible to kill your child without a thought. Your thoughts are most certainly dark and diseaesed to come to this place, but they are present.

Additionally, I don't think there's a racial divide to this type of behavior, though I do think there is a poverty/intelligence connection.

I have empathy for these young, often poor, often ignorant motheers. When my first child was born, I was a 32-year-old with every advantage (college-educated, in a solid marraige with a helpful spouse, financially sound, etc...) and I still had a hard time handling a crying baby. I was unprepared for how difficult I found motherhood to the very young ones to be - especially after my second son was born and I had two to care for.

I was overwhelmed for several years and made some very poor "coping" choices along the way - though none of them ever involved violence towards my child. I am not excusing this woman's choices, but I agree with what an earlier poster said about stronger personalities (and I would add - those with stronger support systems) standing a better chance of weathering the trails and tribulations of new parenting.
I'm not trying to be bigoted. Both of the cases I've read about involve black mothers. I'm seeing a pattern forming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back