MI - James & Melissa Rupert for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Valley Twp, 2006

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-32/1160807867324800.xml&coll=6

ALLEGAN COUNTY [Michigan] -- The mother of four children victimized in one of the county's worst child-abuse cases admitted Friday she ignored her young daughter's complaints that her father molested her.

The abuse was documented in some of the 20,000 images of child *advertiser censored* found in an Allegan-area home shared by two families, sheriff's detectives said.

In pleading guilty to second-degree child abuse, Melissa Rupert, 27, said she failed to protect her then-8-year-old daughter from the girl's father, James Rupert, 27.

"(She) did tell me about James harming her sexually, and I didn't listen to her," Rupert told Allegan County Circuit Judge George Corsiglia.

"She told me that James had touched her in her private area," she said. "In hindsight, I should have listened to her because of events that occurred after she told me."

She and her husband earlier relinquished parental rights to the children.

Seven children, ages 9 and younger, lived in the house in Valley Township.

James Rupert is serving 17 1/2 to 50 years in prison for first-degree sexual assault. His father, Ronald Rupert, is serving 23 to 50 years in prison on three charges of first-degree sexual assault. Isaac Newton Kelly, 74, the great-grandfather of children in the other family, was sentenced earlier to 75 days in jail for possessing child *advertiser censored*. Police found one photo on his computer, but said it did not involve children in the house. His attorney said he was unaware of the abuse.

"(She) did tell me about James harming her sexually, and I didn't listen to her," Rupert told Allegan County Circuit Judge George Corsiglia.

"She told me that James had touched her in her private area," she said. "In hindsight, I should have listened to her because of events that occurred after she told me."

Seven children, ages 9 and younger, lived in the house in Valley Township.

James Rupert is serving 17 1/2 to 50 years in prison for first-degree sexual assault. His father, Ronald Rupert, is serving 23 to 50 years in prison on three charges of first-degree sexual assault. Isaac Newton Kelly, 74, the great-grandfather of children in the other family, was sentenced earlier to 75 days in jail for possessing child *advertiser censored*. Police found one photo on his computer, but said it did not involve children in the house. His attorney said he was unaware of the abuse.

more at link

Sounds like they need to euthanize the entire male Rupert line and whip the s%$t out of the mother!!

LButler said:
Sounds like they need to euthanize the entire male Rupert line and whip the s%$t out of the mother!!

No ... just line them up and take them out of the gene pool... :furious:

My God, what is this world coming to? I keep thinking about the poor little 5 year old boy whose penis was half way cut off and was peeing down his leg. I wake up at night thinking about him and my heart just cries with the pain he endured while his mother did nothing.

Scandi

They each need to share a cell with a BIG OLD MANLY lifer.

scandi said:
My God, what is this world coming to? I keep thinking about the poor little 5 year old boy whose penis was half way cut off and was peeing down his leg. I wake up at night thinking about him and my heart just cries with the pain he endured while his mother did nothing.

Scandi

Crimes of denial are just as bad as the actual molestation/mutilation of a child.People are supposed to protect children and not be given a free pass when a crime occurs under their roof.They are suppose to be watching their children. I am not talking about random crime but where someone sticks their head in the sand to make it go away.

They had the power to make it right for their child and didn't.

The crime of denial is worse in the long run for these children's recovery. At least with the person committing the physical crime you can somehow justify that in your own mind that the person had serious problems.

I don't know how anyone at any age can make sense of a person looking the other way, especially when it is your own parent and a figure you should have the ultimate trust in. Years of therapy later the hurt from being let down will probably still be there :(

scandi said:

Scandi
wait is that something he did or is it a different case? i think I missed something.

2sisters said:
wait is that something he did or is it a different case? i think I missed something.

The mother noticed the cut penis and peeing issues and did nothing.

WTH!

My 15 yo daughter hurt her finger last night and I have been worrying all day as to whether or not I should seek medical attention or not and this mother doesn't bat an eye for this issue!!!!!!

2sisters said:
The boy is a different case (search the name Plaza on WS and you will find it...). As a summary, it is another case in which the mother of the child decided not to do anything about heinous abuse committed against her own child.

I don't know what is with people today? How can a mother turn a deaf ear to her child's pleas?

Gmommy said:
The crime of denial is worse in the long run for these children's recovery. At least with the person committing the physical crime you can somehow justify that in your own mind that the person had serious problems.

I don't know how anyone at any age can make sense of a person looking the other way, especially when it is your own parent and a figure you should have the ultimate trust in. Years of therapy later the hurt from being let down will probably still be there :(
Yes it will, I speak from experience! GRRRRR!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sorry for not making that clear guys. I just immediately thought of him having another case of gross neglect by a parent.

I think that kind of abuse has always gone on be we never used to hear about it much. Small communities kind of took care of it in their own way. Now we hear about everything. There always have been weird predators and criminals out there prowling around or in the family and there probably always will be. That's why it is so important to report anything you think that looks wrong, especially with a woman or a child.

Scandi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back