Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by RCOOKE
    I'm leaving tomorrow for Aruba. Texas EquuSearch asked me to accompany them back to the island to search for Natalee Holloway. We are taking ground penetrating radar this time. Maybe that will help.

Praises for good folks who continue. Tell us can this radar be used from an aircraft? IF so I hope this enables you to take a look from over the the judges property!!

Good hunting to you and EquuSearch!!

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

Prayers for Rachel and Mr. Cooke.

I just looked at that link which was posted. After how much I followed the case, I didn't realize that Rachel went to Mesa. I just started Mesa on Saturday. Would it be beneficial to put her poster up there? I can do so when I have my next class this weekend. I know now that I will be thinking of her everytime I attend class.
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oston/pree.jpg

Beloved Taffy ~ June, 1994 - February 15, 2007.

...always in my heart...

Robert,
    You had mentioned in your journal that you did not want to hear from psychics unless they were able to give you very specific informaiton on your daughter's whereabouts. however, there is a woman that does readings on missing persons in her spare time and post her findings online and i thought some of the inforamtion she found might be of some use in your search. Here's the link:
    http://www.underworldtales.com/rachel.htm

Hope this helps
    Kristie

I'm sorry and I know you're only trying to help but I don't think this is v helpful at all!! I don't see how "driving past Georgetown (many years ago)" gives the psychic any "personal knowledge" of the area.........this reading makes no sense!!!!

I think what Robert is saying is that unless somebody can ACTUALLY TELL HIM WHERE RACHEL IS then he won't find it useful - which sounds like common sense to me.

The link you posted does not even attempt to do anthing like that. But hey, I could be wrong, I guess Robert will answer for himself.

The last psychic reading I saw on tv was by "renowned" Sylvia Browne on the Montel Williams show I think. It was after Opal Jennings was abducted. It said she had been abducted "to order" and was still alive in Japan and this was months after her abduction. I think Sylvia even provided the name of the city (which didnt exist). Opal Jennings was murdered within hours of her abduction and Sylvia Browne continues to make milllions of dollars a year giving these readings.

Oh, I could rant on and on but I can't be bothered- but you get my point right??
    I will exercise a little restraint for once and not rant on about phoney psychics etc etc, because I know you mean no harm.
    Last edited by emma l; 08-16-2005 at 04:25 AM.

[QUOTE=emma l]I'm sorry and I know you're only trying to help but I don't think this is v helpful at all!! I don't see how "driving past Georgetown (many years ago)" gives the psychic any "personal knowledge" of the area.........this reading makes no sense!!!!

I think what Robert is saying is that unless somebody can ACTUALLY TELL HIM WHERE RACHEL IS then he won't find it useful - which sounds like common sense to me.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi emma,
    i think my point was that in her reading, marie st claire describes visual specifics: i.e. the house and a little about the man. i thought that maybe someone can use that information with other information that may already be known.

I live near there, and so Rachel Cooke is on my mind and I've thought about her a lot.

Robert, I keep reading that somewhere near the end of her run, she disappeared.

Is there much more information that could possibly be helpful in finding out what happened to her, that could be released to the public but hasn't?

As I understand it, the only info that has been released was she was last seen on the couch, and it was presumed she later got up from her nap and took her usual run. But why say she was abducted close to her home, about 11? There must be a witness sighting or some kind of info. A shoe or something?

I don't mean to pry, it just seems like if there is actually more information than has been released, maybe it would be helpful to release it.

Prayers for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by KatherineQ
    As I understand it, the only info that has been released was she was last seen on the couch, and it was presumed she later got up from her nap and took her usual run. But why say she was abducted close to her home, about 11? There must be a witness sighting or some kind of info. A shoe or something?
    I've said many times that witnesses saw Rachel running that morning between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. The last report spotted her 200-300 yards from our house walking towards our house. She was proabably cooling down which meant she was done and she would not start running again. Only jogging related items were missing from our house. Her shoes, sony sport walkman, etc. Her purse, cell phone, wallet were at our house.

Her mom saw her on the couch at 8:00 a.m. before leaving for work. We phone it happened between 9:15 a.m (when she ended a call to her bf in San Diego) and around 4:45 when I got home.

Psychics

Quote Originally Posted by emma l
    Exactly, any psychic can e-mail the exact location Rachel is or anything that we really help find her. This does not include "she's near water", "she's in a barn", "I see a brown horse", "they took her down a gravel road", "I see a 2-story Victorian house", etc.

Notice how vague the Saint Claire readings are. This is very common to give general visions so if a victim is found anywhere near a 2-story house or water Saint Claire envisioned it.

Psychics should not need to talk to me, have me send them a picture of Rachel or a personal item, or everything else that helps them "sleep better".

I've had all of the above and Rachel being at locations from California to Mexico to Rhode Island. The bottom line is out of 30 psychics we've had 30 dead ends. A baseball player only gets 3 strikes. I gave psychics 10 times that amount of chances.

Remember this. John Walsh said he knows of no psychic that has helped find a missing person. The media and psychics themsleves have created a huge fairy tale.

Robert - thanks for your reply. I know none of this can be pleasant for you to talk about. I've read different reports, and this is the first (honestly) that I've ever seen of any witnesses, although the description of her being taken possibly near the house certainly alludes to witnesses seeing her.

I remember last year (maybe longer ago) when there was another push to find her, and the new campaign suggested people call in with any tips they think they have, even if they don't fit with the information released. As if somehow by some odd chance she hadn't gone jogging, or maybe she had actually made it all the way home and someone was waiting inside who caused her disappearance.

It seems when you really try to pin it down, almost anything could have happened. She could have come back home from her run, and hours later stepped outside to get the mail, or a door to door salesman could have come by, or almost anything.

Prayers for you and your family. She seems like a very special young woman, and a lot of people are praying you some day get answers.

Bumping for Rachel......
    /

"Would some power the Giftee gie us To see ourselves as others see us" R.Burns

Robert I like to visit Rachel's thread here. I think your post indicates the caution family members of the missing must have to use. That saddens me.
    I don't know if anything exists in writing about how to deal with this type of situation step by step. Have you thought I writing a book?
    If you have and I missed it please accept my apology.

Exactly, any psychic can e-mail the exact location Rachel is or anything that we really help find her. This does not include "she's near water", "she's in a barn", "I see a brown horse", "they took her down a gravel road", "I see a 2-story Victorian house", etc.

Notice how vague the Saint Claire readings are. This is very common to give general visions so if a victim is found anywhere near a 2-story house or water Saint Claire envisioned it.

Psychics should not need to talk to me, have me send them a picture of Rachel or a personal item, or everything else that helps them "sleep better".

I've had all of the above and Rachel being at locations from California to Mexico to Rhode Island. The bottom line is out of 30 psychics we've had 30 dead ends. A baseball player only gets 3 strikes. I gave psychics 10 times that amount of chances.

Remember this. John Walsh said he knows of no psychic that has helped find a missing person. The media and psychics themsleves have created a huge fairy tale.

Quote Originally Posted by mic730
    Robert I like to visit Rachel's thread here. I think your post indicates the caution family members of the missing must have to use. That saddens me.
    I don't know if anything exists in writing about how to deal with this type of situation step by step. Have you thought I writing a book?
    If you have and I missed it please accept my apology.
    I wrote a document in 2002 called Guidelines lto Follow. It needs to be updated with my more recent experiences but you can read it on the Rachel Alert Network website. http://rachelalert.org/guidelines .

The U.S. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention also has a good document on their website. http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org/publicati...strPubSearch=Y

Every missing person case is different so a step-by-step approach probably won't work. However the two documents listed above should offer some help.

Thanks Robert. I had no idea that type of info was out there.

Bumping for Robert and Rachel
    /

I read that Texas Equasearch will be going to NO.
    Robert if you are on that team please be careful.
    Godspeed!

Thanks Michelle but I won't be going to New Orleans. I just started a new job and won't be doing any searches this year unless they are in Central Texas.

Without A Trace

Rachel was featured on last week's WITHOUT A TRACE program.
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/without...on/index.shtml

Bumping for Rachel and for Robert and Family
    /

GINA for Missing Persons CONCERT/LIVE WEBCAST

Today, Sept 28, 2005, a "GINA for Missing Persons" CONCERT LIVE WEBCAST will be held from 8-10 p.m. PST. The concert will inform the public about missing Rachel Cooke, Monica Appleton, Joanna Rogers, Sarah Kinslow, Monica Carassco, Jennifer Wilkerson, and other missing persons from Texas and other states.

The concert features performers Harriet Schock, Susan Gibson, and Jannel Rap. Ms. Rap's sister Gina is missing from Nebraska. To view the concert go to http://www.kulakswoodshed.com/webcast.shtml. For more information on the concert and the G.I.N.A. organization go to http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/...453&trail=15#1.

Thanks for the info Robert.

I wrote a document in 2002 called Guidelines lto Follow. It needs to be updated with my more recent experiences but you can read it on the Rachel Alert Network website. http://rachelalert.org/guidelines .

The U.S. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention also has a good document on their website. http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org/publicati...strPubSearch=Y

Every missing person case is different so a step-by-step approach probably won't work. However the two documents listed above should offer some help.

I was just reading this and I had to add a little. I don't think anyone really looks for a step by step approach in how to cope whether it is with a missing child, murdered child, etc.

I think that what people look for when they end up in a nightmare like you are in is something written by another who has been in the same shoes.

When my daughter was murdered I honestly thought I was going crazy...thoughts and feelings. I had no idea what was normal and what wasn't. I just knew that I felt like I was losing my mind. I went into a book store a couple months after Shelley's murder and I found a book called "No Time For Goodbyes." Or "No Time To Say Goodbye." It isn't the story of someone's loss of a child but it talks about what feelings are normal to have as a parent of a murdered child...as a sibling, etc. It talks about what to expect with the judicial system...how it progresses if the killer has been caught. It covers a lot of different areas. It was a life saver to me. I discovered that the feelings and thoughts that I was having were perfectly natural under the circumstances. It really was a big relief to discover that I wasn't losing it. The book covers suicide too. I would recommend this book to everyone. I gave it away to another mother so I'm not sure of the exact title.

I think that any book that shares a story like yours can help another person. Even though two people won't feel and think exactly alike.. just reading what someone else thought or felt or did really does help. A person might read one little thing that makes a big difference to them. Just knowing that you aren't alone...knowing and sharing a person's story are two different things. I can know that a million people lost a child to murder but reading their story and how they coped...felt...thought..did... is totally different.

I guess I just wanted to say that I think people who are going to walk in our shoes someday will appreciate stories from people like us. No, I haven't written a book but have thought about it over the past 12 yrs. There were a lot of twists and turns before and after my daughter's murder. I may just write one one of these days. I started to write a few years ago and found it just to difficult to do at that time. Maybe soon. I think you should give it some though too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I was just reading this and I had to add a little. I don't think anyone really looks for a step by step approach in how to cope whether it is with a missing child, murdered child, etc.

I think that what people look for when they end up in a nightmare like you are in is something written by another who has been in the same shoes.
    Bobbiangel,

I think you are right about needing to read about or talk to other people who have been through a similar experience. I know talking to other families of the missing has helped me. You feel alone and out of touch with the world. It helps to understand that you are not alone and all of the emotions that come up when you loose a loved one (under any circumstance) are normal and not always bad. You just have to learn to channel your emotions and to live with the pain.

If you haven't seen my journal, you may be interested in reading it. I wrote my account of what has happened in the last 3 1/2 years. The first couple of years are fairly complete but I've slowed down with my entries due to lack of new things to write about. http://rachelcookeseach.org/journal .

Bobbiangel,

I think you are right about needing to read about or talk to other people who have been through a similar experience. I know talking to other families of the missing has helped me. You feel alone and out of touch with the world. It helps to understand that you are not alone and all of the emotions that come up when you loose a loved one (under any circumstance) are normal and not always bad. You just have to learn to channel your emotions and to live with the pain.

If you haven't seen my journal, you may be interested in reading it. I wrote my account of what has happened in the last 3 1/2 years. The first couple of years are fairly complete but I've slowed down with my entries due to lack of new things to write about. http://rachelcookeseach.org/journal .

Thanks Robert. I hadn't read your journel but I will now. I appreciate you pointing me to it. Take care, Barbara

Bumping for Rachel. I believe the fourth anniversary of her disappearance is coming really soon. Thinking of her family!
    Just my opinion of course!!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast