Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Good point "I understand it incapacitates for 3-4 days."

If you are downwind, your attacker has you uninterrupted for 3-4 days.
    Scary thought, isn't it?

I advocate self defence as a way to avoid abduction all together.

I carry a liquid propellant spray, but have found that when someone "suspicious" looking was approaching me, to raise the canister, and yell "I have pepper spray" or "I have mace" makes the person(s) in question turn and leave. And I mean YELL, thereby getting the attention of passers by, as well as a would be assailant.

As a victim, I can only recommend what I know is effective. I have heard too many horror stories of people having their weapons taken and then used against them.

I advocate concealed carry permits (with proper weapons training) and also the use of propellant sprays, however in the event of an attack, we often times pull a "Barney Fife" and get trembly. Please take as many courses as you can on how to protect yourselves. No one is above being a victim. It is not a discriminating crime.
    Education is paramount. The more you know, the less you have to fear.

May God richly bless all of you and keep you safe, Lanie
    Help For The Missing

Prayers for Rachel and all who search for her.

My 2 cents

The most important thing you can do is be aware of your environment. Pepper spray and mace are only good if you have it ready, know how to use it, use it from a distance, and most importantly see the attacker coming. Don't talk on you cell phone while walking to your car. Pay attention.

Having 3-year-old spray in the bottom of your purse which you've never even tried out will do nothing. Spray is just like a gun. You have to know when and where to use it and be prepared to pull the trigger.

The NRA recommends that you buy two pepper spray bottles of the same type and practice with one. Shoot a mark on a wall or a fence. Otherwise you may be shooting your own face or the attacker's knees when you really need it.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Great advice RC. You are an incredible advocate.
    PICK YOUR FAVORITE POST AND NOMINATE IT FOR THE WEBSLEUTHS POST OF THE DAY

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Today Rachel has been missing for 2 1/2 years.

Please light a candle and whisper a prayer for Rachel and all who love and miss her. Pray for those who search for her, that they find her and soon.

Tonight, we are holding a special vigil in honor of Rachel. Please pray that it is successful and raises awareness. I am hopeful that the location (on a busy street) will bring others in who are curious to see what is going on.
    Special thanks to Natalie and family for all the help in planning.

RC, we have not forgotten. Much love to you, Lanie

Just wanted to let RC know that I'm thinking Rachel, and your family today. I hope that the vigil goes well for Rachel.

Thank you to all who posted for Rachel and those who love and miss her.

Tonight was busy, but blessed.

Since someone goes missing every 37 seconds in America, and for those who think this might not affect them, please read the journal Rachel's father has lovingly kept since she went missing.
    http://rachelcookesearch.org/journal.html

His journal inspired me to hold this vigil tonight. Last year I was reading it in the evening after a long fun filled day of birthday events, and then it hit me. I was celebrating while my friend was mourning, mourning a child he could not even find. Mourning the fact he could not find her, and felt so helpless. Here I was in Germany, so far away, and all I wanted to do was come home, to Texas. The next best thing is to act. I tried my best to do that today.

I pray that all who took her info sheet tonight will do something, no matter what, to aide the families of the missing.

Again, special thanks to Natalie and family for providing a place for the vigil. More later!!

With love and HOPE, Lanie <-----sleepy cowgirl
    Help For The Missing
    HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Thumbs up

Lanie I just wanted to brag on you, Kelly and Mr. Cooke. You all have taken something that is hard to cope with and made it possible to help those who are going through the same tragic events. I know that if it had not been for the advice, support and resources that you all have given to me for Patrice and Carrie, then I would've never known where to go. ALthough these events you've had to witness have been bad, you have taken it and turned it into something positve to help others. I know that God will bless each of you for extending your kindness to total strangers. I will continue to remember each of you in my thoughts and prayers each day. I wish I could've been present for the vigil tonight for Rachel. I'm sure it was very nice.

Rachel Alert Network Cookbooks

The long awaited Rachel Alert Network cookbooks are in the mail to us. I just put the order form on-line. We will accept PayPal, Credit Cards, and mail-order.

To order go to: rachelalert.org/RANorder

For a list of recipes go to: rachelalert.org/cookbook

I just got my 2 cook books. What a wonderful idea. Everyone should get one. I usually don't order things on-line, but I am so glad that I did this time. I love it. Great job Robert! Thank you again.

mail orders

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble1421
    I just got my 2 cook books. What a wonderful idea. Everyone should get one. I usually don't order things on-line, but I am so glad that I did this time. I love it. Great job Robert! Thank you again.
    Thank you Bubble. For those of you who don't want to use a credit card on the Internet, we also accept mail orders. Go to http://rachelalert.org/RANMailorder.html to print out the form. You can fill it out before or after you print it.

Mr Cooke,
    Is there any news on your daughters case? I read the journal regularly and its heartbreaking. I did a search the other day and came across an old post of yours where you were saying that you wanted a river drained to search for Rachel........was it ever done?
    By the way, as soon as I get a bit of money together I'm def ordering a cookbook- I think its a wonderful idea.

There is nothin new on Rachel's case.

I wanted a lake drug, not drained. It was never done because it's a manmade lake which was not cleared before it was filled. In other words there are treess and old barns and things still on the bottom.

With prayers for answers, and soon.

Much love to all who love and miss Rachel.
    Your friend, Lanie

More on Rachel

I received this great update on Rachel through my Google Crime Alert. PLEASE read this long and wondrous piece on Rachel.

I am printing a tiny portion of it, that to me is very telling about the area in general where Rachel went missing. At the time when I worked as hard as an olde lady could work from a long distance on Rachels dissapearance, this part in blue strikes a heavy note with me. Eight bodies found in the same general area.

Robert, were the bodies found all girls? Were they sexually assaulted, and dna found?

You may not remember me, I gave you quite a run on quizzing you on Web Detectives. As I recall there was a sheriff's officer living within sight of your home, who worked 'varying shifts'. This was the person that I thought had the greatest opportunity. Was he a patrol officer that would have traveled the roads in the areas where the eight bodies were found?

I seem to remember that a couple had pulled into their driveway, that reported they had seen Rachel. I don't remember if Rachel would at that point have been running toward the direction of the 'neighborhood officer' OR OR OR was he supposedly sleeping, help me out here?

Not being up to date I am thinking that you surely must have a serial killer loose, that lives somewhere close to the 'killing' fields there, a great big hmmm in my head.

Here is the link to the article, and the snippet about the bodies.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/revie...307571,00.html

Would a body give him some kind of relief? 'There's no
    answer. Part of me wants to find her no matter what. Another
    part hopes she is alive.' But he is growing painfully used to waiting for the results of DNA tests to come in;
    since Rachel disappeared, eight bodies have been found in or around his Williamson County home.

My God in heaven I don't know how you are still able to keep on keeping on. My heart cries for all of you. Rachels soul will never end.

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

I think all but one of the bodies found in the last 2-1/2 years turned out to be male. One female was found in Travis County (Austin) and her boyfriend was already convicted for her murder based on evidence found in his car.

Most people always point to a serial killer but in most cases it's someone who knew the victim or knew of them. Examples: family member, current or former ex-boyfriend, construction worker, etc. Serial killers murder only a small percentage people. The media just focuses a lot on them.

The last reports on Rachel show her heading towards our house.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast