Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Crocodile Hunter's Daughter Gets Own TV Show

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Florida's Treasure Coast
    Posts
    14,558

    Crocodile Hunter's Daughter Gets Own TV Show

    NEW YORK -- Steve Irwin's 8-year-old daughter is getting her own TV show.



    A wildlife show that was supposed to star the late "Crocodile Hunter" and his daughter will go ahead with her as the star.



    Bindi Irwin will star in the wildlife series to air on the Discovery Kids network early next year.



    Her father, animal lover and conservationist Steve Irwin, died from the poisonous jab of a stingray Sept. 4.



    The show's working title is "Bindi, The Jungle Girl."
    http://www.wftv.com/entertainment/10094243/detail.html

  2. #2
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,080
    That's great! I hope that all safety precautions will be taken.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    That's great! I hope that all safety precautions will be taken.

    That was my first thought too, SewingDeb. I wonder how are they going to make the show exciting enough to draw viewers and keep Bindi safe. She shines like her dad, I only hope in this time of trying to heal that those around Bindi keep her safety in the forefront of all decisions.


    Jubie

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,717
    It is going to be on "Discovery Kids", so rest assured they are not going to have her do "adult" acitivites as a child on a child's TV show.

    It is not like she is going to do this "show" without any parental approval, and all of the regulations that "are in place for child actors" on TV shows.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    It is going to be on "Discovery Kids", so rest assured they are not going to have her do "adult" acitivites as a child on a child's TV show.

    It is not like she is going to do this "show" without any parental approval, and all of the regulations that "are in place for child actors" on TV shows.

    I'm sure you're right CyberLaw, I just don't want to see her be exploited. We pay extra to get the Discovery Chanel as my kids (me and dad too) love it and I'm sure they will take good care of any children they work with.


    Jubie

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    537
    She is such a strong, sweet child-I'm sure her father is VERY proud of her.


    Shannon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,832
    Bindi is the cutest little girl I have ever seen. She is just absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see the show. She is so poised and speaks so incredibly well for such a young girl---she really is something special. What a little angelpie.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the Beach and in our hearts
    Posts
    8,385
    Quote Originally Posted by julianne
    Bindi is the cutest little girl I have ever seen. She is just absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see the show. She is so poised and speaks so incredibly well for such a young girl---she really is something special. What a little angelpie.
    That little girl has a lot of talent..........I wish her well......and she certainly IS ADORABLE! Very poised for her age.

    Julianna.........where did you get that photo of the 'dancing' tree?

    I'ts beautiful!

    AND BeyondBelief........thanks so much for the heads up!

    xxxxxxxxxxooooooo
    mama

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Go Bindi, you rock!

    Like father, like daughter.

    Steve knew she was going to be bigger than him one day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Mama
    That little girl has a lot of talent..........I wish her well......and she certainly IS ADORABLE! Very poised for her age.

    Julianna.........where did you get that photo of the 'dancing' tree?

    I'ts beautiful!

    AND BeyondBelief........thanks so much for the heads up!

    xxxxxxxxxxooooooo
    mama
    Love_Mama--

    The dancing tree photo was sent to me in an email a long time ago from a dear friend. She is an amazing photographer, although I don't know or remember if she took the picture. I do know that the tree is in Oregon. You can probably find it by doing a google image search for "dancing tree". There are probably alot of different photoshopped images that come up, but this particular one is an authentic tree. Isn't it just the neatest thing?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Bindi tells of missing dad at Christmas



    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=169930


    What an amazing little girl.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Part two of her amazing interview.

    http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au...&mediaid=29284

    Let me know if this link doesn't work, it didn't for me but my media player isnt working properly for some reason..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,983
    The link works

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Mountains of Pa.*
    Posts
    1,150

    Forgot to tell you

    I forgot to tell you that Bindi and her mom were on TV live about a week ago talking about the new show.
    Both of them looked great.........both had those sparkles in their eyes.
    I came upon it too late to get the entire story, except that they were coming to visit here. To New York I think and one other city was mentioned.
    So nice to see them looking so good.
    She is such a charmer........a good speaker.........full of life.
    Gosh he must be so, so, proud looking down on her and Terri.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundayrain
    I forgot to tell you that Bindi and her mom were on TV live about a week ago talking about the new show.
    Both of them looked great.........both had those sparkles in their eyes.
    I came upon it too late to get the entire story, except that they were coming to visit here. To New York I think and one other city was mentioned.
    So nice to see them looking so good.
    She is such a charmer........a good speaker.........full of life.
    Gosh he must be so, so, proud looking down on her and Terri.
    Ok thanks Dingo, wasn't sure..
    Thanks also Sunday..
    He must be, that kid is amazing...she's just too cute for words...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,475
    Okay this child has got to be brilliant. She is the most poised, but natural , intelligent but
    innocent and beautiful child I think I have ever seen. I mean brillinat not of just the intellectual scope but of her whole being.

    mjak

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,470
    What an incredible little girl she is! Every time I read something about her, it makes me miss her Daddy even more! I'm so glad that she's doing so well emotionally and physically with the fitness video. I'm sure the Irwin family will continue to make a positive impact in our world and I wish them all the best.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Bindi Irwin tops TV moment of year: poll


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=172786

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NWST Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    177
    I'm glad to see she will be doing the show. She sure is a bright little girl. It was nice to see Terri in some of those links as well, I was wondering how they were doing at this time of year.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Didnt take her long, she will be our Tourism Ambassador!

    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=155508

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Didnt take her long, she will be our Tourism Ambassador!

    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=155508
    I can't wait to see Bindi's new show! I adore the Irwins, all of them. I saw Terry last night on, "The Tonight Show". Lovely, lovely lady, and I love her personality and her values concerning all life, as I did Steve.

    I didn't know you live in Australia Narlacat. The two places I long to travel are England and Australia. Have you ever been to Australia Zoo?

    LionRun

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,983
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Didnt take her long, she will be our Tourism Ambassador!

    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=155508
    .
    Go Bindi........Lara should be ditched altogether

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Oh definetly!

    Not sure what everyone sees in her, I don't think she's even pretty...and she isn't exactly up there for thinking..

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,284
    Steve Irwin's final documentary 'spooky'


    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=178677

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •