Crocodile Hunter's Daughter Gets Own TV Show

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
NEW YORK -- Steve Irwin's 8-year-old daughter is getting her own TV show.

A wildlife show that was supposed to star the late "Crocodile Hunter" and his daughter will go ahead with her as the star.

Bindi Irwin will star in the wildlife series to air on the Discovery Kids network early next year.

Her father, animal lover and conservationist Steve Irwin, died from the poisonous jab of a stingray Sept. 4.

The show's working title is "Bindi, The Jungle Girl."
http://www.wftv.com/entertainment/10094243/detail.html

That's great! I hope that all safety precautions will be taken.

SewingDeb said:
That's great! I hope that all safety precautions will be taken.

That was my first thought too, SewingDeb. I wonder how are they going to make the show exciting enough to draw viewers and keep Bindi safe. She shines like her dad, I only hope in this time of trying to heal that those around Bindi keep her safety in the forefront of all decisions.

Jubie

It is going to be on "Discovery Kids", so rest assured they are not going to have her do "adult" acitivites as a child on a child's TV show.

It is not like she is going to do this "show" without any parental approval, and all of the regulations that "are in place for child actors" on TV shows.

CyberLaw said:
It is going to be on "Discovery Kids", so rest assured they are not going to have her do "adult" acitivites as a child on a child's TV show.

It is not like she is going to do this "show" without any parental approval, and all of the regulations that "are in place for child actors" on TV shows.

I'm sure you're right CyberLaw, I just don't want to see her be exploited. We pay extra to get the Discovery Chanel as my kids (me and dad too) love it and I'm sure they will take good care of any children they work with.

Jubie

She is such a strong, sweet child-I'm sure her father is VERY proud of her.

Shannon

Bindi is the cutest little girl I have ever seen. She is just absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see the show. She is so poised and speaks so incredibly well for such a young girl---she really is something special. What a little angelpie.

julianne said:
Bindi is the cutest little girl I have ever seen. She is just absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see the show. She is so poised and speaks so incredibly well for such a young girl---she really is something special. What a little angelpie.

That little girl has a lot of talent..........I wish her well......and she certainly IS ADORABLE! Very poised for her age.

Julianna.........where did you get that photo of the 'dancing' tree?

I'ts beautiful!

AND BeyondBelief........thanks so much for the heads up!

xxxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Go Bindi, you rock!

Like father, like daughter.

Steve knew she was going to be bigger than him one day.

Love_Mama said:
That little girl has a lot of talent..........I wish her well......and she certainly IS ADORABLE! Very poised for her age.

Julianna.........where did you get that photo of the 'dancing' tree?

I'ts beautiful!

AND BeyondBelief........thanks so much for the heads up!

xxxxxxxxxxooooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Love_Mama--

The dancing tree photo was sent to me in an email a long time ago from a dear friend. She is an amazing photographer, although I don't know or remember if she took the picture. I do know that the tree is in Oregon. You can probably find it by doing a google image search for "dancing tree". There are probably alot of different photoshopped images that come up, but this particular one is an authentic tree. Isn't it just the neatest thing?

I forgot to tell you that Bindi and her mom were on TV live about a week ago talking about the new show.
Both of them looked great.........both had those sparkles in their eyes.
I came upon it too late to get the entire story, except that they were coming to visit here. To New York I think and one other city was mentioned.
So nice to see them looking so good.
She is such a charmer........a good speaker.........full of life.
Gosh he must be so, so, proud looking down on her and Terri.

Sundayrain said:
I forgot to tell you that Bindi and her mom were on TV live about a week ago talking about the new show.
Both of them looked great.........both had those sparkles in their eyes.
I came upon it too late to get the entire story, except that they were coming to visit here. To New York I think and one other city was mentioned.
So nice to see them looking so good.
She is such a charmer........a good speaker.........full of life.
Gosh he must be so, so, proud looking down on her and Terri.
Ok thanks Dingo, wasn't sure..
Thanks also Sunday..
He must be, that kid is amazing...she's just too cute for words...

Okay this child has got to be brilliant. She is the most poised, but natural , intelligent but
innocent and beautiful child I think I have ever seen. I mean brillinat not of just the intellectual scope but of her whole being.

mjak

What an incredible little girl she is! Every time I read something about her, it makes me miss her Daddy even more! I'm so glad that she's doing so well emotionally and physically with the fitness video. I'm sure the Irwin family will continue to make a positive impact in our world and I wish them all the best.

I'm glad to see she will be doing the show. She sure is a bright little girl. :) It was nice to see Terri in some of those links as well, I was wondering how they were doing at this time of year. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back