Identified! CO - Denver - LIVING Male, 35-40, Oct 2006 - Jeffery Ingram

Rle7

Reaction score
Denver police need help identifying a man who apparently has amnesia after he suffered head injuries.

Police said they found the man on the 16th Street Mall and he could not remember who was or where he came from.

It is unknown how the man suffered his head injuries.They said he was nicely dressed and well manicured. They ran his fingerprints, but nothing came up because the man has no record, police said.

They ask anyone who recognizes this man to contact Detective Joe Campbell at 720-913-6910.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10099880/detail.html

I hope someone searching this forum recognizes him. That would be terrible if he missed the holidays with loved ones because of his amnesia:(

I'm glad to see that they posted a picture. I've seen so many of these stories where there is no photo.

wow,, this looks an awful lot like matthew cameron barrows, missing from TX in 1999.. this man would have to be 29, and he very well could be- it's hard to tell much about him from the grainy pic. also they didn't provide any stats. but check it out:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/12/20013:41:51PM'

I'm sorry, Reb, but I don't think Barrows is a match with this other young man. Look how different the ears are. Just my opinion, though. Anyone else?

yeah, the ears do look a bit off.

maima said:
I'm sorry, Reb, but I don't think Barrows is a match with this other young man. Look how different the ears are. Just my opinion, though. Anyone else?
I see a resemblence, but I think they would have noticed the missing toes, don't you? :eek:

i would think so too, but they didn't put a lot of other basic info in the article such as height/weight,, so i dunno..... prolly not him, but just thought i'd take a shot!

The man whom police are calling Al has no idea who he is or where he is from. Mental health experts have verified the man is suffering from retrograde amnesia.

Today Al spoke to the press hoping that someone will recognize him and be able to help him piece together his past.

When Al came to, he knew he needed help. He wandered around for hours looking for a hospital. He finally found Denver Health Medical Center where he was admitted, but doctors found no evidence of physical injury or drugs or alcohol in his system.

Al wasn't carrying a wallet; the only things in his pockets were a cigarette lighter and $8 in cash. Police ran his fingerprints through FBI databases, but his record is clean. He is thought to be between 35 and 40 years old.

As Al nervously addressed the TV cameras, his hands shook and his voice wavered. He was wearing the same ring, watch, yellow baseball cap and glasses that he was wearing when he was admitted to Denver Health.

"I feel totally lost," he said. "I feel totally alone, very depressed, very anxious about everything."

Although Al remembers how to talk, read and write, he says he has no recollection of current events, much less how he ended up in a street in Denver.

During hypnosis therapy and an interview conducted using the sedative known as "truth serum," it came out that Al may have had a wife and two children who were all killed by a drunken driver in April. The accident is thought to have taken place in the New York area, where Al may have worked as an artist.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4523424

This reminds me of a movie, I think it was 'K-PAC', where Kevin Spacey's character claimed to be an alien from outer space. It turned out his entire family was murdered and he couldn't cope with it, so he invented the alien personality. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. I hope he eventually remembers who he is.

CNN has a video of him, they are calling him Al. In a hypnotist session he reacted and felt he had a wife and 2 daughters die in a car crash,he seemed to tear up at that. He doesn't know if he knows how to drive. He was sitting on the steps of the world trade center and then came to the mall. Makes me wonder if something to do with the world trade center has caused traumatic amnesia. But they are getting his face out in the media. He also says he can't cook.

You can go to cnn.com and in the middle row of news is a link to the vidoe.
I feel confident someone will recognise him now.

Drabik - missing scientist - could it be "Al"?

I was reading Steve's crimeblog and wound up reading an article he referred to.

Police are looking for a noted scientist from Poland who boarded a flight from Canada to Hawaii and vanished during a stopover in Salt Lake City.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650200583,00.html
Police said Drabik, 34, flew from Edmonton, Alberta, to Salt Lake City on a SkyWest flight. He was then supposed to board a connecting Delta flight to Honolulu.
"He never boarded the Delta flight," Maui County Police Sgt. Ken Prather said Friday. "His baggage had been checked, though."
The luggage has not turned up in Hawaii.

Will someone please clarify this, if you understand it? His baggage had been checked where? On the SkyWest flight? It seems if he had checked baggage on SkyWest and had a connecting flight, the airline would have transported his luggage for him to the Delta flight. And if SkyWest did transfer the luggage, how di it not turn up in Hawaii?

kittykat1 said:
Drabik - missing scientist - could it be "Al"?

I was reading Steve's crimeblog and wound up reading an article he referred to.

Police are looking for a noted scientist from Poland who boarded a flight from Canada to Hawaii and vanished during a stopover in Salt Lake City.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,650200583,00.html
Police said Drabik, 34, flew from Edmonton, Alberta, to Salt Lake City on a SkyWest flight. He was then supposed to board a connecting Delta flight to Honolulu.
"He never boarded the Delta flight," Maui County Police Sgt. Ken Prather said Friday. "His baggage had been checked, though."
The luggage has not turned up in Hawaii.

Will someone please clarify this, if you understand it? His baggage had been checked where? On the SkyWest flight? It seems if he had checked baggage on SkyWest and had a connecting flight, the airline would have transported his luggage for him to the Delta flight. And if SkyWest did transfer the luggage, how di it not turn up in Hawaii?
Good find kittykat1! I see some similarities between the two. The fact that Al was found well-dressed and manicured points to a person in a professional position. Also the disappearance coincides with Al's dicovery. I left a message with the Missing Persons division of the Denver Police Dept. Hopefully they can confirm his identity. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Let me make it perfectly clear that I did not link Drabik and Al. Steve Huff did in his blog.

Thanks for posting this, Jack. This is such good news! I watched an interview with him this morning on GMA and he seemed like such a nice man. I hope they will be able to find out what caused this while he is in the hospital. It seems he had another episode in 1995 while on a routine trip to the store. I would be afraid to ever let him go anywhere alone again.

Wow! That's odd that he has had amnesia before and ended up in a hospital. I wish they had said if any of the stuff he said while under hypnosis and truth serum has been verified.

I'm glad he was recognized. Now he can spend time with his loved ones during the holidays :) . I don't think he should go anywhere alone if he has this much trouble with amnesia.

While he knows who he is, since he has had a previous episode of amnesia .. maybe he should have his name and other information (social security number?) tattooed on him! Be a lot easier on him and his loved ones. Glad he was identified.

teedie2 said:
While he knows who he is, since he has had a previous episode of amnesia .. maybe he should have his name and other information (social security number?) tattooed on him! Be a lot easier on him and his loved ones. Glad he was identified.

Great idea! I hope they think of it and he agrees.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back