698 users online (90 members and 608 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
  1. #1
    2luvmy's Avatar
    2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,219

    Please Help Me to Understand

    I have been follwing the JBR case off and on for a long time and am fence sitter that wavers every once in a while. I know this has been talked about but I am still confused.

    What I am confused about is that for a long time it was stated that this was not a DNA case and then JMK comes along and his claims are dismissed because his DNA doesn't pass muster.

    It doesn't seem to me that they had him in custody long enough to probe and question his story for further details and just got a DNA sample and since it didn't match just let him go.

    Am I correct that still no one has proven he was home on Christmas Eve?


    KMR is a freaky, sick gut who could have done this, just as well as the RDI.

    I guess I am just confused about how sources can claim this case won't be solved by DNA, yet use DNA to exclude someone who is claims to have a part in JBR's murder.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21

    JMK not there

    It was proved that JMK was not in Boulder, Colorado at the time of JBR's death. DNA found at the scene is not conclusive at all, and will never be used to convict a killer. Perhaps if the BPD had managed the crime scene effectively on 26th then the DNA evidence would be conclusive. Why JMK was ever brought back from Thailand is a good question, which Mary Lacey still hasn't answered satisfactorily.

  3. #3
    2luvmy's Avatar
    2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,219
    THanks for responding.

    If the DNA was really not suitable for a conviction, I don't understand why JMK was even brought here unless he had some bombshell revelation - which he apparently didn't.


    Was it ever said where JMK was during the murder of JBR?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    The DNA found in JBR's panties is degraded and, probably, much older than the crime itself. That is why this is not a DNA case -- no DNA from the killer was found at the crime scene. JBR's body was wiped clean of any evidence and the DNA in her panties was already there long before Dec 25th 1996 (this is the argument).

    As for Karr, apparently described specific sexual acts with JBR that investigators believe would have HAD to have left DNA in JBR's panties. Therefore the lack of a match between Karr's DNA and the DNA from the panties shows that Karr was not the perp.

    Now we have Karr claiming that HE is in possession of the REAL panties (the size 6 "Wednesday" panties). By this he IMPLIES that he has the panties with HIS DNA on them whereas LE are in possession of the size 12 panties that were put on JBP after she was wiped clean. Interesting.

    Personally, I think that Karr is a JBR wannabe. I really think he wants to BE one of these little girls that he obsesses about and that JBR is, to him, the ultimate little princess of his dreams. He has interjected himself into her tragic story and will continue to do so as it brings him attention and is probably the only source of income available to him now that he has been outed as a weirdo and pedophile (in fantasy if not reality).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    THanks for responding.

    If the DNA was really not suitable for a conviction, I don't understand why JMK was even brought here unless he had some bombshell revelation - which he apparently didn't.


    Was it ever said where JMK was during the murder of JBR?
    I'm not sure, but he wasn't in Boulder.
    His story was so weak, he didn't even realise that JBR wasn't in school that day.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    THanks for responding.

    If the DNA was really not suitable for a conviction, I don't understand why JMK was even brought here unless he had some bombshell revelation - which he apparently didn't.
    Because the current Boulder D.A. was too stupid to realize that all they had to go on were his e-mail confessions to Michael Tracey (who already had no credibility) and that there were many errors in JMK's confession- #1 being that he claimed he picked up JB from school on the day of her death- Christmas Day!!! Noone goes to school on Christmas Day!

    So the Boulder D.A. covers by saying that he was endangering a girl in Thailand- well that's LE in Thailand's problem- not ours! Plus they gave him a business class flight, a movie, and caviar, and lots of press attention.

    If anyone should have extradited him from Thailand, it should have been California- where he'd fled from charges!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    What I am confused about is that for a long time it was stated that this was not a DNA case and then JMK comes along and his claims are dismissed because his DNA doesn't pass muster.
    That was just the straw that broke the camel's back, 2luvmy. He told a story and the DA hoped that his explanation for the DNA was the right one, despite the fact that she had nothing else on him.

    It doesn't seem to me that they had him in custody long enough to probe and question his story for further details and just got a DNA sample and since it didn't match just let him go.
    I guess I am just confused about how sources can claim this case won't be solved by DNA, yet use DNA to exclude someone who is claims to have a part in JBR's murder.
    The DNA by itself excluded no one, 2luvmy. It was the lack of evidence that they were in the house that night. See, this is what the Rs would like everyone to believe: that the DNA was good enough to eliminate everyone else, but not them. That's not how it happened.

    The DNA found in JBR's panties is degraded and, probably, much older than the crime itself. That is why this is not a DNA case -- no DNA from the killer was found at the crime scene. JBR's body was wiped clean of any evidence and the DNA in her panties was already there long before Dec 25th 1996 (this is the argument).
    Yep.

    As for Karr, apparently described specific sexual acts with JBR that investigators believe would have HAD to have left DNA in JBR's panties. Therefore the lack of a match between Karr's DNA and the DNA from the panties shows that Karr was not the perp.

    Now we have Karr claiming that HE is in possession of the REAL panties (the size 6 "Wednesday" panties). By this he IMPLIES that he has the panties with HIS DNA on them whereas LE are in possession of the size 12 panties that were put on JBR after she was wiped clean. Interesting.

    Personally, I think that Karr is a JBR wannabe. I really think he wants to BE one of these little girls that he obsesses about and that JBR is, to him, the ultimate little princess of his dreams. He has interjected himself into her tragic story and will continue to do so as it brings him attention and is probably the only source of income available to him now that he has been outed as a weirdo and pedophile (in fantasy if not reality).
    The lurid ramblings of a compulsive confessor.

    If the DNA was really not suitable for a conviction, I don't understand why JMK was even brought here unless he had some bombshell revelation - which he apparently didn't.
    I'll tell you why: to give a gift to the Rs.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by 2luvmy
    THanks for responding.

    If the DNA was really not suitable for a conviction, I don't understand why JMK was even brought here unless he had some bombshell revelation - which he apparently didn't.


    Was it ever said where JMK was during the murder of JBR?
    No, although the DA stated that they could not place JMK in Boulder on 12/25/96.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47
    I'm halfway through Steve Thomas' book. Even if he's dead wrong about PR, and even if he DOES have an axe to grind with BLawEnforcement, the ineptitude of those clowns he's described can NOT be made up, and is almost as bad as the murder itself.

    Boulder and its Law Enforcement is a city full of Granola Liberals - i'm in Atlanta, GA, and i don't know my US Geography as well as i should, but of the four continental corners of the USA, i'm pretty sure i'm in the one furthest from Boulder, CO. If not, i'm moving.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Thumbs down

    JFK, why do you insist on bashing Liberals??? This is not the forum for it, the Political Pavilion is the place for politics. As was pointed out in another post, it's very ironic that your initials are J.F.K.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    JFK, why do you insist on bashing Liberals??? This is not the forum for it, the Political Pavilion is the place for politics. As was pointed out in another post, it's very ironic that your initials are J.F.K.
    a - i wasn't bashing ALL liberals, just the Granola types in Boulder who've been very successful worrying more about the Ramsey's welfare than anything important like Truth and Justice. (i didn't read what else was pointed out. i'm not being political. there's a difference.)

    b - my initials are JFK after John F Kennedy, (the last Democrat in the White House with a backbone). the reason being that the JFK assassination is the Great Act that destroyed our freedom from the government and our innocence as a nation of PEOPLE. regardless whether JFK was a Dem or an R, and regardless who shot him (probably Republicans, but it'd be easier choosing who DIDN'T want him dead then), the fact is it's an unsolved crime because Criminals and The Government acted in Collusion to do it and cover it up.

    (i'm not a Republican, but let's face it, D's just ASK for ridicule - especially those in Boulder - have you heard the citizens are calling for everyone to just let it drop for the sake of their peacefulness? God forbid we disrupt their little hamlet in the name of something like Justice for the molestation and garroting of a 6 year old.)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk
    a - i wasn't bashing ALL liberals, just the Granola types in Boulder who've been very successful worrying more about the Ramsey's welfare than anything important like Truth and Justice. (i didn't read what else was pointed out. i'm not being political. there's a difference.)

    b - my initials are JFK after John F Kennedy, (the last Democrat in the White House with a backbone). the reason being that the JFK assassination is the Great Act that destroyed our freedom from the government and our innocence as a nation of PEOPLE. regardless whether JFK was a Dem or an R, and regardless who shot him (probably Republicans, but it'd be easier choosing who DIDN'T want him dead then), the fact is it's an unsolved crime because Criminals and The Government acted in Collusion to do it and cover it up.

    (i'm not a Republican, but let's face it, D's just ASK for ridicule - especially those in Boulder - have you heard the citizens are calling for everyone to just let it drop for the sake of their peacefulness? God forbid we disrupt their little hamlet in the name of something like Justice for the molestation and garroting of a 6 year old.)
    Okay, well I am a Liberal, I was alive when JFK was shot and Bobby, and I do believe the Ramsey's are guilty and that Linda Arndt screwed up major big time as well as the rest of Boulder LE. Some of us liberals do believe in justice for victims, and even the death penalty.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit 'Burb
    Posts
    2,832

    Re Not Proving Karr Was Ever in Boulder

    I want to point out that the SantaBear which allegedly was given to JonBenet at a pageant was said to be "shabby" by Patsy. Aha! (I don't remember who posted that at another forum, sorry.) That could possibly be a reason the bear disappeared, if the sister didn't take it in her trip to the house after the Ramseys left it and never went back.

    It's possible Karr did go to one of her pageants and sneak his childhood bear into the bag or box of things that were going to be given to her, without anyone seeing him or knowing. There's just probably no way to prove it. But his locations every minute certainly have not been proven.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Okay, well I am a Liberal, I was alive when JFK was shot and Bobby, and I do believe the Ramsey's are guilty and that Linda Arndt screwed up major big time as well as the rest of Boulder LE. Some of us liberals do believe in justice for victims, and even the death penalty.
    well i figured you were. probably not the kind Cheif Koby et al is, though.

    i don't quite get your point in that you were alive then. don't see the relevance...

    i happen to admire the PUBLIC values the the Kennedy's declared. and their backbone. I've been studying both assassinations for 20 years. The cover ups both go ABOVE party lines. WAY above. they still affect you and me and our children. THAT's the reason i'm still interested, and why it shou'd still be a MAJOR topic.

    as i said, i wasn't knocking ALL of you, just the ones whose priorities are all wacky. i'll refrain from the next OBVIOUS comment. )

    Steve Thomas' book is terrific, though his agenda is clear. His sarcasm is hilarious. Koby is a character out of a Carl Hiassen book.

    I agree with you. Arndt and company are all screwed up. It does look to me like the Ramsey's did it. i just can't imagine how a parent could put a garrot on a child, real or staged. Even after she was dead - ESPECIALLY after she might have been accidentally killed... i think the autopsy shows that the head trauma is post mortem...???? wow...

  15. #15
    2luvmy's Avatar
    2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,219
    Thanks for your responses. I am just still baffled as to why he was even brought here. It just turned out to be one big fiasco and even more so when it was discovered some idiot lost the computer with the alleged kiddie porn on it. Especially since thank piece of evidence could have kept "our" kids out of harms was for a period of time!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast