1211 users online (256 members and 955 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    446

    US agents crack down on Internet child pornography

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. law enforcement officials on Wednesday said a crackdown on Internet child pornography has resulted in the arrest of 125 people nationwide, including police officers, high school teachers, and a federal border patrol agent.
    Full article here.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061018/...pornography_dc

    Where do I begin with my rant?

    1. Why does the press insist on using such phrasing as,
    hard-core pornography involving children as young as infants engaged in sexual activities with adults, according to federal officials.
    , when it should be phrased "hard-core pornography involving children as young as infants being sexually assaulted by adults. Their phrasing (and I've noticed this in other media outlets) makes child pornography and rape sound like a consensual, mutual act.

    2. Quote:
    They said several suspects have been previously convicted of sex offenses against children or were under investigation in other pornography cases.


    Further quote:
    The charges could bring prison sentences of up to 20 years and large fines
    If child rape and child pornography (hell, ANY sexual offense against children, regardless of how it's phrased) were taken seriously in this country, the suspects in *this* roundup would have already been behind bars for life for their previous convictions. Up to 20 years and large fines??? How much more gently can they slap these monsters' hands?

    3. Law enforcement officers were among those arrested. How on earth can these monstrous acts be combated if the ones we are supposed to be able to trust are among those committing the acts? Yes, I know these particular law enforcement officers are NOT representative of LE as a whole (and are not even 1 percent of LE)......but what if people like them worm their way into child porn investigations in their regions? What hope do we have then of saving these kids, when the monsters are the ones we're expecting to save them?

    I hate the world sometimes, and feel helpless to do a thing to change it.

    Lisa

  2. #2
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Lisa,

    I agree with you completely but I am glad they are taking action to round these guys up so we can know them for what they are.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    Lisa, I feel the same way as you and noticing the same things being said and the slaps on the hand. I've been ranting about this subject all over the forum. Now just watch some idiot judge give the guys with no criminal records probation only. It's so disgusting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    this is disgusting. Infants? Why? Were they the molesters own children or kidnapped ones. Makes me sick thinking abou tit.

  5. #5
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    http://www.wsoctv.com/news/10110212/detail.html

    "When I say 'hardcore' pornography, I am talking about child pornography that includes images of children as young as six months involved in bondage and sodomy," U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie said. "This type of depraved conduct is something a civilized society cannot tolerate."

    and

    Among those arrested were a Bible camp counselor from Vancouver, Wash.; a Boy Scout leader from Mission, Texas; and a pharmaceutical researcher in New Jersey.

    Several of those arrested nationwide have prior records for molesting or sexually assaulting children, officials said.

    One defendant from San Diego told agents at his arrest that he had molested at least eight children over a 30-year period, and boasted of being able to identify particularly vulnerable children, Christie said.

    Another defendant from Sacramento, Calif., was found to be in possession of a hand-held video camera with a videotape showing him sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, Christie said.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,959
    I could have done with out that, I don't think I will be coming back to this thread, I can't take it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    446
    I forgot another rant.

    In any other type of crime, suspects are named in the media. In child pornography and sexual assault cases, you rarely see them named, just "prominent Boy Scout leader" or "major pharmaceutical blah blah blah". I imagine that in some cases this is to protect the identity of the victims (if the suspect is the child's parent), but I have a real problem with the accused in these crimes --the most heinous ones in our society-- being somewhat protected by media.

    And even a US Attorney General using terminology such as children "being involved in bondage and sodomy". I think this is a small but subtle part of the problem....very few who have the means to shed light on these monsters are willing to call these acts what they are!!

    I think I'm going to try and find an email addy for the Atty General. I tried to find a contact regarding the wording in the first article but had no luck. I know this is a small thing, how these crimes are worded, but words are powerful. No one in their right mind, be it media figure or attorney, would dream of saying of an adult rape victim, "There were pictures of her involved in sodomy and bondage with the accused"!

  8. #8
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisahas2cats
    I forgot another rant.

    In any other type of crime, suspects are named in the media. In child pornography and sexual assault cases, you rarely see them named, just "prominent Boy Scout leader" or "major pharmaceutical blah blah blah". I imagine that in some cases this is to protect the identity of the victims (if the suspect is the child's parent), but I have a real problem with the accused in these crimes --the most heinous ones in our society-- being somewhat protected by media.

    And even a US Attorney General using terminology such as children "being involved in bondage and sodomy". I think this is a small but subtle part of the problem....very few who have the means to shed light on these monsters are willing to call these acts what they are!!

    I think I'm going to try and find an email addy for the Atty General. I tried to find a contact regarding the wording in the first article but had no luck. I know this is a small thing, how these crimes are worded, but words are powerful. No one in their right mind, be it media figure or attorney, would dream of saying of an adult rape victim, "There were pictures of her involved in sodomy and bondage with the accused"!
    Go for it! It really is not the way to word these statements.

    My apologies to 2sisters. I didn't mean to offend anyone, just quoting a news article. I think it is important that we know just how bad this is so we can get angry enough to do something about the sentencing.

  9. #9
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters
    I could have done with out that, I don't think I will be coming back to this thread, I can't take it.
    My apologies. You asked a question and I thought the quote from the subsequent article answered it in part.

    Mods, if you think what I quoted from the article is too graphic for the forum I will understand if you delete it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    191
    I don't know what to think about this world anymore, so much evil especially to kids. It burns me to think that these animals had access to innocent kids. Do the children belong to some of these animals? These kids are so helpless and cannot fight back. Their innocence is lost forever.

    These animals should be lined up & shot.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    Three of the New Jersey suspects were arrested in the summer. They included Vincent Gambale, 43, a Customs and Border Protection officer from Deptford, and Sean McMichael, 23, a former Hi-Nella police patrolman who lived in Voorhees. Both surrendered to authorities in August and were released after posting bail.

    Among the 14 arrested in New Jersey yesterday was an information technology manager from North Jersey. According to court documents, federal agents found more than 500 images of child pornography on his home computer, including one showing a man having anal sex with an infant boy.

    Christie did not say whether authorities had found the baby.

    The defendants were charged with possession or receipt of child pornography. The New Jersey defendants were to be released after posting $100,000 bail each. They were ordered to stay away from minors and not use a computer for anything other than work purposes.

    They face up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000 if convicted.

    Christie said none of the defendants had appeared in the images found on the Web site.

    He would not identify the Web site or say whether it was still operating. Asked by a reporter whether the names of its operators would have been announced if they had been arrested, Christie said, "Hypothetically, there could be persons who are cooperating with us, and we don't announce that."

    Prosecutors said the Web site had alerted buyers that its content was illegal and urged them to be discreet.

    Several of those arrested nationwide have records for molesting or sexually assaulting children, authorities said. One, from San Diego, told agents at his arrest that he had molested at least eight children in 30 years, and boasted of being able to identify particularly vulnerable children.

    Another defendant, from Sacramento, Calif., possessed a handheld video camera with a tape showing him sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, authorities said.

    "I'm the father of four young children between the ages of 13 and 3," Christie said. "This is every parent's worst nightmare. It is just deeply disturbing to know there are people like this out there in our neighborhoods."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Three of the New Jersey suspects were arrested in the summer. They included Vincent Gambale, 43, a Customs and Border Protection officer from Deptford, and Sean McMichael, 23, a former Hi-Nella police patrolman who lived in Voorhees. Both surrendered to authorities in August and were released after posting bail.

    Among the 14 arrested in New Jersey yesterday was an information technology manager from North Jersey. According to court documents, federal agents found more than 500 images of child pornography on his home computer, including one showing a man having anal sex with an infant boy.

    Christie did not say whether authorities had found the baby.

    The defendants were charged with possession or receipt of child pornography. The New Jersey defendants were to be released after posting $100,000 bail each. They were ordered to stay away from minors and not use a computer for anything other than work purposes.

    They face up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $250,000 if convicted.

    Christie said none of the defendants had appeared in the images found on the Web site.

    He would not identify the Web site or say whether it was still operating. Asked by a reporter whether the names of its operators would have been announced if they had been arrested, Christie said, "Hypothetically, there could be persons who are cooperating with us, and we don't announce that."

    Prosecutors said the Web site had alerted buyers that its content was illegal and urged them to be discreet.

    Several of those arrested nationwide have records for molesting or sexually assaulting children, authorities said. One, from San Diego, told agents at his arrest that he had molested at least eight children in 30 years, and boasted of being able to identify particularly vulnerable children.

    Another defendant, from Sacramento, Calif., possessed a handheld video camera with a tape showing him sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl, authorities said.

    "I'm the father of four young children between the ages of 13 and 3," Christie said. "This is every parent's worst nightmare. It is just deeply disturbing to know there are people like this out there in our neighborhoods."
    THIS IS SO SICK! My mother said these animals should be castrated. What in GOD's NAME is wrong with this world? I hope all of these scums involved in this situation burn in hell. And this scum who boasted about being able to identify vulnerable children needs shot. I am a parent of 2 kids and I am so paranoid anymore. Who are these kids? Are they kidnapped? Are these the parents of these kids who so severally torture them? 10 years in prison isn't enough. Paying fines who bring back what those kids lost. Death penalty to all child molesters & murders. They are of no use in this world. Come Judgement Day, ALL THESE SCUMS will be sitting with the Devil himself.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    Ten years is a joke. If the so called law makers in this country would crack down on these freaks, more would be off the streets. Anyone having a video of a baby being raped should get the death penalty or life without parole. All the so called experts who say that freaks who like to look at child porn online but don't act out on their fantasies is an idiot and probably a pervert as well. Here are some quotes from an Attorney General on how these perverts go to more and more heinous acts and younger children:

    "Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez gave a courageous, disturbing speech to
    the Center for Missing and Exploited Children on April 20, 2006. In it, he
    details how pedophiles have turned community psychology on its head. (I
    wonder if he knew about Rep. Mark Foley.)

    Mr. Gonzalez said, "Before the Internet, these pedophiles were isolated,
    unwelcome even in most adult book stores. Through the Internet, they have
    found a community. Offenders can bond with each other, and the Internet
    acts as a tool for legitimizing and validating their behavior in their
    minds. It emboldens them.

    "And this is where the Internet's vicious cycle leads the trends that I
    mentioned above. The pedophiles seek to build larger collections of
    photographs and videos as a license into their community. As they become
    desensitized to the images they have, they seek more graphic, more
    heinous, and more disturbing material.

    "At some point, the pedophiles meet strong incentives, not just to collect
    images, but to produce new ones themselves. Part of it is the desire to
    see novel and more graphic images with younger and younger children. And
    today's technology makes it easier and less costly for anyone to produce
    these images and distribute them widely.

    "The other incentive is that trading rules in parts of this community
    require that participants offer new pornographic images in order to get
    images from fellow users. Images of sexual abuse of children becomes
    something of a currency, a way to get more pictures. Collectors become
    producers, and to be in the club, they have to find a child to abuse. And
    they are driven by the desire for increasingly graphic images.

    "And so the Internet just feeds a vicious cycle. It makes child
    pornography more accessible and validates the pedophile's behavior in
    their minds, driving them to molest even more children and to make new and
    increasingly vulgar material."



Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY SD - Sandor Czekus for raping 2yo girl, child porn, Sioux Falls, 2010
    By Filly in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 08:22 PM
  2. PA - Kristian Heller, Child Porn Charges, Johnstown, 2005
    By mysteriew in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 12:34 PM