MS - Bobby Wilcher executed for '82 murders of two women

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
PARCHMAN, Miss. (AP) -- A Mississippi man was executed by lethal injection Wednesday for fatally stabbing two women he led home from a bar in 1982.

Bobby Glen Wilcher, 43, died at 6:42 p.m. at the state penitentiary, hours after the U.S. Supreme Court declined to intervene.

Wilcher was sentenced to death for killing Katie Belle Moore and Velma Odell Noblin. After meeting them at a bar, authorities said Wilcher persuaded the women to drive him home and diverted them down a deserted road.

Their blood-soaked bodies were found sprawled along the muddy banks of the dirt road. Authorities said each woman had been stabbed and slashed more than 20 times.

Wilcher's case has gone through two trials, two re-sentencing http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MISSISSIPPI_EXECUTION?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

I'm glad you continue to post these. We may be the only ones around here that mourn for the executed to. I don't wish to debate the death pen with anyone. i'm not compelled to sway anyone to my way of thinking. It is just my humble opinion that the death penalty is wrong, for everyone, period.
Regardless of the crime. The criminals belong in my prayers as much as the victims.
Peace to you,
kk

go noles

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member