If the Perp Posted

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I sometimes wonder if the perp reads the forums or even posts on the forums. If so, I wonder what stance he would take?

Would he be likely to accuse the Ramseys and draw attention away from himself?

Or would he want to seem clever and post pro-intruder?

I don't have much experience of criminal psychology, but I have read of real-life situations where a criminally minded person just couldn't resist being clever and ended up drawing attention to himself as a result. One case that comes to mind immediately was of a supermarket terrorist who was tampering with food and making ransom demands from the supermarket. He was active for (I think) a couple of years and he started sending letters to the police taunting them about their failure to apprehend him. Eventually he gave himself away.

What do posters think about the Ramsey perp? How do you thnk he would post? I think much would depend on the real psychology behind the murder.

Did he kill for the thrill of the kill? - In which case he might want to avoid detection so that he could kill again. This killer might post anti-Ramsey in order to divert attention from himself.

Did he kill out of hatred for the Ramseys - in which case he might consider himself to be cleverer than them and maintain an obsession with the crime itself. This perp might want to show how clever he is by dropping in the occasional piece of inside knowledge under the guise of insight.

Anyone have any knowledge of criminal profiling?

I'd be particularly interested to hear from Barbara on this because Barbara has a good knowledge of psychology.

PS - I think it has to be assumed that the perp is an intruder for this exercise (or does it?)

In my layman's opinion, I think if the perp posted here, he'd likely post as a pro intruder. It would help bolster his defense, should he be caught, and illuminate any loopholes in such. JMO, though.

I agree with Imon that the perp would post pro-Intruder. He would probably let slip details about the crime that no one has heard of or even imagined. I don't think he would be an adamant defender of the Ramseys. He'd just be an IDIer.

Edited to add: I don't believe for a moment that an intruder killed JonBenet.

There is every reason to believe,IMO,that he is a sociopath/psychopath who ,although committing the crime holds the parents responsible. Not accepting the blame for his deed,he has likely created his own truth,the parents "made this happen" by their showing her off,allowing her to play freely in the neighborhood,or perhaps just making him so angry that he had to kill their daughter. His truth may include saving her from some other life harming event,sacrificing her so that she could be in the "better place". If he posts,I would suspect he is very anti-Ramsey because his truth is that they killed their daughter,no matter who pulled the noose .
JMO

Depends really on what crime you think was actually committed.

If it was a 'have sex with a six year old girl and then kill the witness' I doubt he reads the forums at all. if it was a 'kill a six year old girl for the thrill of it' he probably reads the forums but does not post. If it was a 'kill John Ramsey's daughter and have a little fun with her first', I doubt he reads the forums, but if he does, I would doubt he posts at all.

The perp probably believes the intruder theory and suffers from grandiose delusions. This disorder is the belief that the person/perp is important in some special way, either having some special talent or being an operative for a very important person. :rolleyes:

The perp probably has hacked into posters computers including mine . I'm only joking but there was a major hack job on my computer last night. :furious:

CD drawer is opening and closing by itself
Finding emails in my sent items folder that I didn't send.
Files are moved around
Icons on my desktop are missing.
Mouse feels like someone else is trying to control it.

I'm quite sure the Ramseys read the forums as they frequently come up with a defense for pertinent questions. Any big issue that's ever cropped up has always had a Ramsey version suddenly appear on advocate forums. I don't think they post here though, they have their lackies do it and ISPs can be traced. They have lived in fear since day one when Patsy peeked between her fingers.

Because it was very probable that JonBenet's death was caused initially by an accident and not pre-meditated or purposeful, I do not think the "perp" would post here in the sense that it was some psycopathic predator.

On the other hand - I DO believe that her family members DO post here. In a very defensive manner as though each theory or post negative to a Ramsey is taken in a very "personal" way and the posts are a defensive and sarcastic rebuttal. Some posts are stated as the poster having to have intimate knowledge of the Ramseys and are stated as fact - not an "I believe that..."

I also believe that law enforcement read these forums as do the Ramsey spin teams.

Over the past few years statements made by the Ramseys sometimes seem to be direct responses to questions posed here about them or their actions/statements.
Given the fact that they are SO very concerned with "public opinion" of them and trying to change that public opinon - it is almost a certainty that they rely quite heavily on forums such as this to check the "pulse" of the people out there. And respond/react accordingly.

you might be interested in knowing that no lawyer would ever want his client reading posts about the crime and then later being called to the witness stand, so don't think John and Patsy read the forums. They don't.

I think the Ramseys read (and maybe even post) here. Hi, Burke...Hi, Patsy...Hi, John. Howz it goin'?

Having to be a registered member to read here...the only person I could think of is the pit bull hirself, Susan Stine. Hir fifteen minutes of fame ended years ago but hir is not going away. Who in their right mind would impersonate a big player in this murder, Beckner, and attempt to bait someone like Steve Thomas via phony e-mail?

Hir keeps up with the case, and hence with the killer.

Susan Stine... like Skanky... is what John Douglas coined as EROTOMANIACS. Both have fallen deeply in love with Patsy and in order to keep the imagined "relationship" going...are on the case 24/7.

THIS POST MAY NOT BE COPIED, QUOTED TO ANY OTHER FORUM.

Isn't it possible for posters to give false names when registering? Posters can be traced through their ISPs, but I wonder how often that is really done here.

I also think it's possible that poster/s here email certain WS posts to the Rs and/or LW.

I agree S. Stine likely reads here. I wonder what her hat is. Hey, Susan, what's your hat? :cool:

I think if an IDI, then he would read the forums. I think he would want to continually relive the event, and what better way than to read salacious posts about what happened and what might have been happening in his mind at the time of the murder. I also believe that after this many years, he would have the courage to post, taking the IDI stand so as to continue his feelings of superiority and grandiosity at not having been caught.

I fully believe that Susan Stine reads and posts at times, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if John did. Not as confident that Patsy does, but I think John is lurking about, plus John Andrew.

I agree Nehemiah, which is another indication there was no intruder as no such personality has surfaced on the forums. I also agree with Toth, the Ramseys don't lurk.

The perp is latent within Patsy Ramsey. The perp is concerned with spiritual things, literature and art. The perp is above the likes of us, why bother?

BrotherMoon said:
I agree Nehemiah, which is another indication there was no intruder as no such personality has surfaced on the forums. I also agree with Toth, the Ramseys don't lurk.

The perp is latent within Patsy Ramsey. The perp is concerned with spiritual things, literature and art. The perp is above the likes of us, why bother?

If you were the killer wouldn't you want to know what others are saying about you? Paranoia?

When the Ramseys and Stines were under seige it was Jeff Ramsey's job to daily monitor the web. I doubt if any of them check the JonBenet sites now unless something big is happening.

JMO

I would think the Rs would be curious to see how Lin Wood's spin on the DNA business is flying here.

I imagine that the R's want to know the 'pulse' of the internet impressions. There must be several who are only too glad to go back with that info, and I also imagine the R's are only too glad to see how they're doing under the scrutiny lamp and to pat their informants on the head. JMO, though.

If it were A SMALL FORIEGN FACTION, I doubt they would read here, since all who read here can be traced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back