1310 users online (261 members and 1049 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman finds black widow spider in grapes

Woman finds black widow spider in grapes

Price Chopper removed a brand of black seedless grapes from the shelves at its Newington supermarket Thursday after a woman said she found a poisonous black widow spider.

Sheryl Rosen of Rocky Hill bought a bag of Autumn Royal black seedless grapes on sale Tuesday. It wasn't until Thursday, when she was eating some grapes at work, that she found the spider in the bag.

"I couldn't believe it," said Rosen, who was not injured. "I never thought I'd see a black widow around here."

The spider was taken to the Connecticut Poison Control Center at the University of Connecticut Health Center, where Rosen works, and verified as a black widow.

"Right now, we have it in a jar and we will wait until we hear if anyone is investigating further about the source," said Bernard Sangalli, toxicologist and administrative director of the center.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/...apes&printer=1

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Yikes...that made my skin crawl. I hate spiders...and hiding in the grapes, no less. Yuck!

Didn't she wash the grapes? I find it hard to believe that running water over the grapes in a colander wouldn't cause any spiders to scurry.

YIKES, that had to be scarey to find ... I love grapes and I always wash them before I eat them..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

This also happened in NH over the summer - same scenario - black widow in bag of grapes.

Boy, I really need my eyes checked. I thought it said "Woman fights black widow spider with grapes"......
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

I have heard of this and it was years ago. Must check your grapes. Eek!

Eve