1403 users online (270 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

Paedophile rapes six-year old

This is unforgivable. listening to the phone calls to the police is heart-rendering.

Man convicted of bath girl rape

A man has been convicted of abducting a six-year-old girl from her bath and raping her.
    Peter Voisey snatched the girl from the ground-floor bathroom of her home in Willington Quay, North Tyneside.
    He drove her around the area, repeatedly sexually abused her, then abandoned her naked and screaming in a snow-covered alleyway last December.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/6068862.stm

During the three-week trial, the jury heard how Voisey had a previous conviction for molesting a 12-year-old girl in the changing rooms of a leisure centre in Macclesfield, Cheshire, in July 2001.

WHY WAS HE RELEASED AFTER HAVING ATTACKED A 12 YEAR-OLD 4 YEARS PREVIOUSLY?

Det Ch Insp Jim Napier said, "Today's conviction should ensure that he is not in a position to harm anyone else for many years to come." How about EVER! why would he EVER be released - it sounds like the door will open for him in years to come!

Following the conviction, the girl's mother said: "My little girl was in the bath in her own home within earshot of everyone else in the flat, the back door was shut and I'd only just left the bathroom to go to another room when she was snatched.
    "It's every mother's nightmare to think your children aren't safe in their home.
    "You wouldn't think you would have to lock all your doors this early in the evening to protect your children from anyone entering your home uninvited."

Everyone must think anyone could enter at any time to harm a child.

Abduction case was huge challenge

Faced with few clues and an outraged public, there was immense pressure on Northumbria Police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ne/5397070.stm

You better believe the British public was baying for blood! this article tells how they eventually got the b*st*rd!

Police praised the victim, who they said had proved to be a "first class witness", especially considering her age and the traumatic experience she had been through.

Bless her sweet heart. i have no doubt she is being supported tremendously by family and counselling, but i worry this may never leave her.

Abduction police faced scepticism

In the words of police, it was a crime greeted by almost universal disbelief.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ne/5368760.stm

Det Ch Insp Jim Napier, who led the investigation, said: "I was convinced very early on that the girl's account of what happened to her was not only credible but entirely feasible and the investigation proceeded on that basis.

"It doesn't get much more serious than this - the kidnap and sexual assault of a child by a stranger - yet we spent the first few days trying to convince the media, and consequently the public, that it had actually happened as described to us."

BELIEVE CHILDREN! thank goodness the police did in this case!

I wonder why in all these case the federal charge of kidnapping is not pursued?

I think that would be a much harsher term and its in Federal Prison. Like Levinworth which I have the impression is no picnic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann
    I wonder why in all these case the federal charge of kidnapping is not pursued?

I think that would be a much harsher term and its in Federal Prison. Like Levinworth which I have the impression is no picnic.
    This case was in the UK and I've always felt that, generally, the UK courts are very lax in their sentencing, whatever the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi
    This case was in the UK and I've always felt that, generally, the UK courts are very lax in their sentencing, whatever the crime.
    Agreed!