JB school nurse visits

JMO8778

..at the beach!
Reaction score
I looked for this info before posting,but couldn't fine it anywhere,so please pardon if this is redundant to some of you.
I recall reading somewhere that it's thought that PR may have purchased the rope and or duct tape at the hardware store on the same days that JB went to visit the school nurse.Is that true and if so,any opinions on to whether or not JB's murder was possibly planned?I recall one of the visits was around 11:15 am or so.Does anyone know if that was *after JB saw the nurse that day,if it was the same day?I'm thinking possibly the school called, and she went to pick JB up.I'm just wondering if she purchased these items before or after she found out JB saw the nurse.Possibly on the way home from picking her up,if she did go get her early?I think I do recall in (ST's book) that PR called Dr Beuf 3x the next day? I wonder if JB went to school that day?
Also,were the school nurse(s) ever interveiwed or q'd about JB 's visits as to what she said and what she saw them for? I can't find anything on that either.Is it likely police are holding that info back and the nurse(s) involved are complying with that request?

I meant to add,I also recall reading somewhere that PR could have bought the rope and duct tape to make a sling for a painting she was giving to someone as a present for Xmas that year.Had she made one before, or was taught how to make one in an art class,does anyone know?I recall reading she took an art class at the local college.

Having attended a college art school myself, I've never ever heard of any artist using a sling to carry a wet painting. Too much risk of it slinging against your clothing or even breaking and dropping the painting.

Possibly I guess it could happen, just never as an artist alumna still associated with a very large guild, ever heard of it and often wish people would drop that notion as extremely impracticle.

You carry your wet oil painting home firmly by the wooden frame on the back of the canvas, or even in your portfolio case if you can figure a way to keep the sides from getting against the wet paint. Too much could happen to it if hanging by anything. It's just not likely at all.

luthersmama said:
Doesn't everyone have rope and duct tape around the house?
I do too. Duct tape cures everything in my house.

My fantasy is to be accidentally locked inside Lowes.

luthersmama said:
Doesn't everyone have rope and duct tape around the house?
no rope,I can't even find string or thread when I need any.
Duct tape, yes.It's a staple here in the south.I think they put it right beside salt and pepper at the grocery store.Who needs super glue??Duct tape does it all.:D

Eagle1 said:
Having attended a college art school myself, I've never ever heard of any artist using a sling to carry a wet painting. Too much risk of it slinging against your clothing or even breaking and dropping the painting.

Possibly I guess it could happen, just never as an artist alumna still associated with a very large guild, ever heard of it and often wish people would drop that notion as extremely impracticle.

You carry your wet oil painting home firmly by the wooden frame on the back of the canvas, or even in your portfolio case if you can figure a way to keep the sides from getting against the wet paint. Too much could happen to it if hanging by anything. It's just not likely at all.
I can't recall the website, but it stated PR might have been planning to carry a painting with her (as an xmas gift) on the plane,so she might put it in a sling for that.So not a wet painting,but a finished one.Some have speculated the duct tape came off of the back of that.
As far as the sack of rope they say wasn't theirs,it could have been used to decorate one of the trees since I think they said one had a western theme.

Somewhere there is a thread about the rope. I think the argument is pretty convincing that the rope found in JAR's bedroom is the rope that was used in some western theme photos of JBR.
jars-room-rope.gif

JMO8778 said:
I can't recall the website, but it stated PR might have been planning to carry a painting with her (as an xmas gift) on the plane,so she might put it in a sling for that.So not a wet painting,but a finished one.Some have speculated the duct tape came off of the back of that.
As far as the sack of rope they say wasn't theirs,it could have been used to decorate one of the trees since I think they said one had a western theme.

She'd have gift-wrapped it, don't you think? In a sling, a valuable painting would BANG AROUND, and so easily get damaged. They appreciate in value like real estate, you know. You handle with care.

Most artists use MASKING tape a lot, and I'm thinking if she wanted to tape a painting to the back of a seat, or under a seat, maybe DUCT tape was considered stronger or more appropriate for inside a vehicle of any kind. Everyone has duct tape and rope in their garage, surely.

The wood "stretchers" on the back are a secure way to carry, wet or dry. Whoever thought up that about a sling obviously wasn't speaking from experience. They carried clothes in black plastic garbage bags, because they were soft enough to be stuffed in between seats in the plane. Wouldn't you think she would put the painting under a seat? Maybe taped in, so it wouldn't slide out, I grant you. They were expecting a crash or something?

SuperDave said:
You can't be too careful, Eagle1.

Yeah. It was almost like they were padding the inside of the small plane. I wonder if they had any nonperishable food stored in it, in case they crashed in some mountainous woods area and couldn't get out for a few days. lol

Eagle1 said:
They carried clothes in black plastic garbage bags, because they were soft enough to be stuffed in between seats in the plane.
Then why not use soft luggage suitcases?That makes more sense.It's neater.I think PR said that b/c she didn't finish packing.(And, why would she,if she knew they wouldnt be going after all,or she got sidetracked that night,as could have been the case).

Wouldn't you think she would put the painting under a seat? Maybe taped in, so it wouldn't slide out, I grant you. They were expecting a crash or something?
Sounds that way, what with the plastic garbage bags and all.<joking>
I wonder why she would buy the rope and tape then.Being a woman, my husb. is the one that goes to hardware stores and gets things like that.I have no reason to.That's why I wonder if PR may have even planned it.I remember her on tv one time ,saying 'we even had tickets to go on Disney's Big Red Boat'. As if that alone meant she wouldnt harm her child.Truth is, that was the perfect opportunity for her..to appear they had plans already.
Oh yes, and why would PR buy rope and duct tape anyway? She didn't sound like the type to do household/fixer-upper projects.They hired ppl for that.Unless she wanted to bound and gag someone....just like JB was found.JAT.

Cypros said:
Somewhere there is a thread about the rope. I think the argument is pretty convincing that the rope found in JAR's bedroom is the rope that was used in some western theme photos of JBR.
Thanks, Cypros

Eagle1 said:
Yeah. It was almost like they were padding the inside of the small plane. I wonder if they had any nonperishable food stored in it, in case they crashed in some mountainous woods area and couldn't get out for a few days. lol
Too bad they didn't crash on Gilligan's Ialand.Sounds like the perfect place for them.(the parents anyway).They could have easily played the parts of Lovey and Mr Howell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back