Keith Urban enters rehab.

Good for him.. I hope all goes well with him and his family :p

Aww, that's sad (for Nic)

Guess she couldn't hold his hand all the time..

Didn't take him long to get back on the drugs..

Coke is difficult drug to say no to...must be hard when you have the money to support your habit..

I read someplace Nicole said she'd never put up with an addiction.
She has to be just devastated.

narlacat said:
...Coke is difficult drug to say no to...must be hard when you have the money to support your habit..
The article said that he entered rehab for an alcohol addiction, not Coke.

AND....remember, wasn't it reported that Nicole had a prenuptial agreement that included his falling back into addiction?

Wonder how long this marriage will last? We shall see....... :eek:

The above is ONLY MY OPINION and I AM entitled to have one!!

nanandjim said:
The article said that he entered rehab for an alcohol addiction, not Coke.
Does it matter??

I only read part of the article and saw it mention his addiction to Cocaine.

narlacat said:
Does it matter??

It doesnt matter narla, addiction is all the same. I am sure some may be harder to get off of, I hope he gets straight. I have always liked him and I love Nicole. I hope it works for them.

narlacat said:
Me too Michelle, most everyone deserves love :)
I am all about the love Narla!:D
Today I was thinking of starting a thread about addictions, DH and I have this ongoing debate over giving addicts compassion. He has none for them, me I have witnessed it first hand and my heart does ache for an addict. Now I am not saying I dont get mad at the things they do but the addiction is sad. I dont know how to post a poll or I would start one.:waitasec:

michelle said:
I am all about the love Narla!:D
Today I was thinking of starting a thread about addictions, DH and I have this ongoing debate over giving addicts compassion. He has none for them, me I have witnessed it first hand and my heart does ache for an addict. Now I am not saying I dont get mad at the things they do but the addiction is sad. I dont know how to post a poll or I would start one.:waitasec:
Yes, I get that from you Michelle...:)
How is that you are younger than me but already smarter LOL

We already had a thread about addictions (in the Jury Room) and I think I was the only one that had a real addiction lol, being addicted to chocloate so doesn't count in my book :p

You are just a lovely person Michelle, yes we should have compassion for addicts.
I don't condone some addicts behaviour like you say, but alot of times some people who are addicts never stood a chance...they were born into a life of crime and drugs and that makes me sad too.

I don't know how to start a poll either lol

narlacat said:
Does it matter??

I give him credit to know that he was headed right back into cocaine and that he had the good sense to know that he can't afford to use any drug at all. He traded one drug for another....alcohol instead of cocaine but it would have just been a matter of time before he was back into cocaine. A lot of addicts fool themselves by believeing that they can drink or smoke pot as long as they aren't doing the drug that they were so addicted to. They also fool themselves into believing that they can hang out with the old buddys that they used with as long as they aren't using or hang out at the bars as long as they aren't drinking but that is the con of addiction. Before long they use a little or drink one drink and it takes them right back to where they were only they are worse off.

Didn't Nicole know that Keith was drinking? Maybe she had the impression that as long as he wasn't using cocaine he would be alright. If she doesn't know a lot about addiction she could have easily thought it was alright. Just glad that Keith pulled himself up by the boot straps and put himself into rehab. Now he is aware that he can't use any type of drug...alcohol is a drug but a lot of people don't believe that.

narlacat said:
Yes, I get that from you Michelle...:)
How is that you are younger than me but already smarter LOL

We already had a thread about addictions (in the Jury Room) and I think I was the only one that had a real addiction lol, being addicted to chocloate so doesn't count in my book :p

You are just a lovely person Michelle, yes we should have compassion for addicts.
I don't condone some addicts behaviour like you say, but alot of times some people who are addicts never stood a chance...they were born into a life of crime and drugs and that makes me sad too.

I don't know how to start a poll either lol
Thanks Narla for the compliments. You are lovely too..
You know I am not smarter than you narla, you are all about the "GRAMMAR", LoL....

Bobbisangel said:
I give him credit to know that he was headed right back into cocaine and that he had the good sense to know that he can't afford to use any drug at all. He traded one drug for another....alcohol instead of cocaine but it would have just been a matter of time before he was back into cocaine. A lot of addicts fool themselves by believeing that they can drink or smoke pot as long as they aren't doing the drug that they were so addicted to. They also fool themselves into believing that they can hang out with the old buddys that they used with as long as they aren't using or hang out at the bars as long as they aren't drinking but that is the con of addiction. Before long they use a little or drink one drink and it takes them right back to where they were only they are worse off.

Didn't Nicole know that Keith was drinking? Maybe she had the impression that as long as he wasn't using cocaine I guess. If she doesn't know a lot about addiction she could have easily thought it was alright. Just glad that Keith pulled himself up by the boot straps and put himself into rehab. Now he is aware that he can't use any type of drug...alcohol is a drug but a lot of people don't believe that.
Everything you said here is true Bobbie, they call it swapping the witch for the (or vice versa lol)

Alcohol is one of the worst drugs because it is so acceptable, many lives have been ruined from drinking in lots of different ways.

I think Nic may be up on the whole addiction thing, she stopped being a social drinker to make it easier for him.

michelle said:
Thanks Narla for the compliments. You are lovely too..
You know I am not smarter than you narla, you are all about the "GRAMMAR", LoL....
I'm so laughing here Michelle, please keep reminding me of that because it makes me laugh and if I'm not laughing, I'm crying...

My father died from Cirrohsis of the Liver when he was 47, it was a very sad and hard thing too see. I was not very close with him until he got sick but I think we made our "Peace" and I am glad I was there. Addictions can rip a family apart and the innocent are usually left behind.

narlacat said:
I'm so laughing here Michelle, please keep reminding me of that because it makes me laugh and if I'm not laughing, I'm crying...
LOL, I am glad it makes you laugh. I was telling DH about that and he was cracking up too. It was funny!!!:D

michelle said:
LOL, I am glad it makes you laugh. I was telling DH about that and he was cracking up too. It was funny!!!:D
It truly was, I am such a dope sometimes :p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back