1105 users online (275 members and 830 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,600

    Convicted Sex Offender Chooses Canadian Exile Over Jail

    In an unusual sentence that has immigration lawyers questioning its legality, the U.S. citizen has agreed to stay out of the United States for the next three years as punishment for having sex with a 15-year-old female student.

    The exile starts Monday for the 35-year-old former Buffalo Seminary teacher, who was arrested in April after a mall security guard noticed him and the girl sitting in a parked car for two hours.Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark called the plea deal "a little dicey" but said the girl's family was happy with it.

    Under the sentence for sexual abuse imposed by Cheektowaga Town Court, Watson can enter the United States only to report to his probation officer. Watson already lives across the border in Fort Erie, Ontario, with his Canadian wife and three children.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,223417,00.html

    My question is what is the punishment in this case ? The pervert already lives in Canada. He'll just get a job later on in Canada and molest again. I smell 'special treatment' in this case. He should get jail time just like everyone else IMO

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    lala land
    Posts
    9,622
    Did anyone ask the Canadians how they feel about it?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rle7
    In an unusual sentence that has immigration lawyers questioning its legality, the U.S. citizen has agreed to stay out of the United States for the next three years as punishment for having sex with a 15-year-old female student.

    The exile starts Monday for the 35-year-old former Buffalo Seminary teacher, who was arrested in April after a mall security guard noticed him and the girl sitting in a parked car for two hours.Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark called the plea deal "a little dicey" but said the girl's family was happy with it.

    Under the sentence for sexual abuse imposed by Cheektowaga Town Court, Watson can enter the United States only to report to his probation officer. Watson already lives across the border in Fort Erie, Ontario, with his Canadian wife and three children.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,223417,00.html

    My question is what is the punishment in this case ? The pervert already lives in Canada. He'll just get a job later on in Canada and molest again. I smell 'special treatment' in this case. He should get jail time just like everyone else IMO
    Unfortunatly, in Canada the law says you can legally have sex with anyone over the age of 13. I live in Canada and have been fighting this law since it's inception. All kinds of perverts and sickos have been fleeing here to Canada for years to escape justice. We are the western world's equivalant to bangkok and until enough people stand up for what is right they will continue to flee here as it is closer and more friendly than some of the third world alternatives.

    The idea that perverts are being sentenced to Canada as opposed to jail time is sickening to me, now it's the Canadian children who are becoming the targets and are at risk. We are neighbours and I am embarrassed(sp) by this. We as Canadians should be fighting this harder and Americans should stand up and fight along side us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,600
    Quote Originally Posted by bing1
    Unfortunatly, in Canada the law says you can legally have sex with anyone over the age of 13. I live in Canada and have been fighting this law since it's inception. All kinds of perverts and sickos have been fleeing here to Canada for years to escape justice. We are the western world's equivalant to bangkok and until enough people stand up for what is right they will continue to flee here as it is closer and more friendly than some of the third world alternatives.

    The idea that perverts are being sentenced to Canada as opposed to jail time is sickening to me, now it's the Canadian children who are becoming the targets and are at risk. We are neighbours and I am embarrassed(sp) by this. We as Canadians should be fighting this harder and Americans should stand up and fight along side us.
    I'm right there with you neighbor . My own daughter is 15, and if her teacher did that to here, I would stand for nothing less than jail (right after I beat him to a bloody pulp). That exile sentence is ridiculous. I doubt that it will stand. I like to think our nation is more civilized than dropping off our scum on other nations. That's irresponsible

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Rle7
    I'm right there with you neighbor . My own daughter is 15, and if her teacher did that to here, I would stand for nothing less than jail (right after I beat him to a bloody pulp). That exile sentence is ridiculous. I doubt that it will stand. I like to think our nation is more civilized than dropping off our scum on other nations. That's irresponsible
    There are stories being shown on Canadian television that he may be barred from entering the country because he now has a criminal record. This story is not over, I just don't understand why he got to choose what he wanted. To be sent back home to his loving wife and three children or a one year jail sentence? I know what deal I would take, it's a no brainer. He gets to have a perfectly normal life like it never happened and the victim will have to live with it every day of her life. People forget about the victim. I'd like to know what she wants.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,332

    Angry U.S. teacher exiled to Canada for sex crime

    Legal experts on both sides of the border are scratching their heads after a U.S. judge told a Buffalo teacher convicted of having sex with a 15-year-old girl he could avoid a one-year jail sentence by accepting a three-year exile to Canada.

    Watson, a popular English teacher at the prep school, which has 174 girls in Grades 9 to 12, pleaded guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old female student in a parked car.


    The Buffalo News reported that Watson was fired from his job in April, after being suspended a month earlier for ignoring a previous warning to stay away from the student.

    http://tinyurl.com/ykq8fq
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta
    Legal experts on both sides of the border are scratching their heads after a U.S. judge told a Buffalo teacher convicted of having sex with a 15-year-old girl he could avoid a one-year jail sentence by accepting a three-year exile to Canada.

    Watson, a popular English teacher at the prep school, which has 174 girls in Grades 9 to 12, pleaded guilty to having sex with a 15-year-old female student in a parked car.


    The Buffalo News reported that Watson was fired from his job in April, after being suspended a month earlier for ignoring a previous warning to stay away from the student.

    http://tinyurl.com/ykq8fq
    So we give perverts a choice now...Jail or Canada Last I heard Canada was still civilization. Wonder what they think of the judges sentence. Disgusting

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The South, USA
    Posts
    2,405
    And Canada is okay with this? Do they want our perverts?? I certainly wouldn't want other countries' perverts coming here.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. E
    And Canada is okay with this? Do they want our perverts?? I certainly wouldn't want other countries' perverts coming here.
    Especially bc we already have our own more-than-fair share of creeps. I can't believe that a US judge could pass a sentence like this without the consent of the Canadians

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,237
    And the fine print should have read "...at the end of the 3 year exile you must throw yourself over the Falls".

    How in the world can this happen? As Nancy Grace would say to that judge: "You are in contempt!"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Why would the people of Canada want this guy? The whole thing sounds odd to me...

    Taximom...I like your idea.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    Why would the people of Canada want this guy? The whole thing sounds odd to me...

    Taximom...I like your idea.
    Canada probably wouldn't care because their age-of-consent is unusually low at 14 years old. Nevertheless, the judgement is quite baffling.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi
    Canada probably wouldn't care because their age-of-consent is unusually low at 14 years old. Nevertheless, the judgement is quite baffling.
    I can assure you we care.
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta
    I can assure you we care.
    So you should, but the fact remains, Canada has an exceptionally low age of consent which makes it a magnet for guys like Watson. Why should Canadians care that a guy is exiled to their country for something they themselves would not generally regard as a crime? You could perhaps argue that he betrayed a position of trust, which would make it an offense, but if it was not a student, would Canadians then approve? Bottom-line, Canada's unusually low age of consent is a joke, and the judge's sentence, the punchline.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,332
    I agree Canada's age of consent is sickening to say the least.But to make the statement "Why should canadians care" is also absurd.I am Canadian and I do care,as well as i am sure a very large percentage care that an asshat such as this teacher is going to be roaming our streets a free man.

    It still remains to be seen if he will be allowed to serve his probation here as the gov't has the last say on the matter.
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Convicted Sex Offender Once Again Tries To Get Kids In His Car
    By Filly in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 06:00 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 05:49 PM
  3. Convicted sex offender busted thanks to gps
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 02:44 AM
  4. Husband chooses jail to escape nagging wife
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 08:13 AM