CA CA - Adam Hecht, 23, Beverly Hills, 7 June 1989

EdinburghLass

Reaction score
This is a really strange case - a quick synopsis.

Adam Arthur Hecht

The Beverly Hills Police Department case file is still open on Adam Hecht. He drove away from his residence in a rented car. His own car was being repaired. Two weeks later that rental was found abandoned with Hecht's possessions, wallet, credit cards driver's license, and $600 in cash and checks were inside. A high school graduate he gave tennis lessons to earn money.

Jan 10, 1989 Adam and his brother, Harold, encountered a street person on the way to breakfast. His brother noted that Adam left the booth and talked to the street person .He stopped again when they were leaving the restaurant to speak to the same person. Later "Tony" moved into Hecht's apartment. Together they began to work within the homeless society.

Harold did not hear from Adam and went to find him at his apartment. Tony had taken up residence there. The family had Tony evicted. Although questioned Tony appeared to have no information on the disappearnce.

http://www.visionandpsychosis.net/mysterious_disappearances.htm

This is re-running on Unsolved Mysteries today, has anyone heard of any updates on this case?

This is re-running on Unsolved Mysteries today, has anyone heard of any updates on this case?

I just saw this! This is weird! I don't see much online about him...

I remember this case well. His father was a big producer of 50's-60's classic films. At the end of the movie 'Scarface' with Al Pacino (1983) the credits mention that the film is dedicated to Harold Hecht.

I can't see your image, but I google image searched him, and I totally see where you are coming from if it is the professor at UNM. I did an ancestry search, and found many gorgeous yearbook pictures of Adam in high school in Beverly Hills.

I did find one Hecht in Albuquerque in 1996, (looking for the professor) middle name "a" and born in 66. Not sure if this is the professor or not. He apparently got his B.S. in CA then on to phd in physics at Yale, so there is a CA connection. Hmmmmm...

ETA: upon a further search on this professor, he is indeed listed as an "Adam A." On some websites!

2e3dhdy.jpg

Does anyone else want to help take a look at the professor above? Em ( who originally posted about him above doesn't seem to be active these days.)

This seems like a perfect fit to me. Maybe I will shoot an email (or call) to the detective on his case. I can't believe this Hollywood mystery could be this simple after so much publicity, but maybe! What do you guys think?

http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/Mrstigg/media/ahechtsidebyside_zps38b3cd67.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

If, perhaps, this is the missing Adam, he seems to be compassionate and brilliant as well and maybe just wanted a new start on his own. I waited a long time to even post this, but I didn't have any response from the mods or em, so wanted to get some other "cold case" researchers opinions.

MrsTigglesworth, did you ever make any phone calls? What did you find out?

I did! I meant to come post this earlier...
I spoke with the detective and he said that THAT Adam was interviewed and was not the missing Adam.
He said that there was a missing scar and that he said it was not him. I still think the photos are spot on, but have to believe the investigator and let it go...

If I remember the Unsolved Mysteries episode correctly, didn't Adam's mother ask Tony where her son was, and Tony replied "I'm your son"? And at the end of the episode the brother said if Adam had made a radical change in his life, would he contact his family and explain it to them.

Wow! I thought the picture of the Prof. and Adam looked alike, same kind of smile w/his eyes.
But I was looking for the dimple on the right of Adam's face like the Prof. has, but you can't see it.
If it's there.

Apparently not!

That photo doesn't look like Adam Hecht to me at all. Adam Hecht has a ruddier, fuller face. Glad to see it was checked out thought. The homeless guy probably had something to do with. It's a weird case and i don't think it will ever be solved.

Those of you that are UM fans are probably familiar with this case. The son of an Academy Award winning producer leaves his apartment in mid 1989 and is never seen again. For those of you would like to do some further reading on the topic, his story is the latest post on my blog. I had exclusive interviews with 2 of his brothers as well as the Beverly Hills PD. I didn't know if direct links were allowed so if they're not let me know I'll remove it. Adam Hecht: Searching for Answers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back