1196 users online (288 members and 908 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OH - Amy Mihaljevic, 10, Bay Village, 27 October 1989

clevescene.com | News | The Coldest Case | 2005-07-20

16 years after Amy Mihaljevic vanished, the hunt for her killer presses on.

By James Renner Published: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 ...

http://www.clevescene.com/Issues/200...s/feature.html

- 25k - Jul 20, 2005 -

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wondering22

- 25k - Jul 20, 2005 -
    so now that your story has put this case in the right prospective do you think the killer will be caught soon?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wondering22

- 25k - Jul 20, 2005 -
    just what the heck did Amy's mother say to the police that made them go full bore on this csae before she was missing 24 hours? It must have been a goodie!
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-17-2015 at 10:53 PM. Reason: broken quote

Book written about this case

Last edited by Taximom; 10-23-2006 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Update URL

Missing Girls In Cleveland Ohio

The missing girls list started in the 1950's with Beverly Potts, and since then ther have been Amy, Gina, and Amanda. Another child Shakira's murderer was found, but details are still sketchy.....

I know there have never been so many sexual predators in my neighborhood than now, and it's not safe to walk to the corner store......

2 years ago a young woman was shot going to a corner market for formula, as her husband waited outside the car with the newborn.....

It is just that the crimes are becoming more heinous and random, and the only lesson I think we should learn is to, never say never, and to kiss our children and loved ones each day and let them know they are loved......

Quote Originally Posted by Justice4Jack
    The missing girls list started in the 1950's with Beverly Potts, and since then ther have been Amy, Gina, and Amanda. Another child Shakira's murderer was found, but details are still sketchy.....

I know there have never been so many sexual predators in my neighborhood than now, and it's not safe to walk to the corner store......

2 years ago a young woman was shot going to a corner market for formula, as her husband waited outside the car with the newborn.....

It is just that the crimes are becoming more heinous and random, and the only lesson I think we should learn is to, never say never, and to kiss our children and loved ones each day and let them know they are loved......
    You are so right about kissing your loved ones. I hurt my daughters feelings last night to the point that she went to bed crying. What happened was I was reading to her (she's 8), and her out of state grandma called. We ended up talking until her bedtime, so I told her I wasn't going to read to her. She was so upset. Then this morning I saw the book and felt really bad. It wouldn't have hurt to read to her a little more. I was thinking, what if I were never to see her again. How bad would I feel knowing the last thing she asked me to do I denied? Thanks for reminding me.

OH - Amy Mihaljevic, age 10, murdered in Bay Villiage, October 1989

There are a couple of threads on Amy that I am linking here. But, since this is a cold case, I thought this is a good place for her. Amy got a phone call from someone claiming her mother got a promotion at work and asked Amy to go with him to pick out a gift. 104 days later she was found murdered. Her killer has never been charged. There are many suspects in this case, including someone who committed suicide shortly after she was found, and several men with mental problems.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26626
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44082

On October 27, 1989, 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic was abducted from a public plaza

directly across the street from the police department in Bay Village, Ohio. Four months later, her body was discovered lying face down in an Ashland County wheat field, 50 miles away. The case has become one of Northeast Ohio's most frustrating unsolved murders.
    http://www.freetimes.com/cover

I haven't read the book but I have a couple questions. Who did Amy tell about the phone call to pick out a gift? I'm guessing she told someone because she wasn't seen after leaving to meet this person, right? Any descriptions of either the car or a person she was meeting? Thanks.

James Renner's blog re: Amy

(Note from author)
    Also, the book is currently available in Ohio bookstores and Amazon.com
    Here's a link to my blog, where I will be updating the case as new info comes in: http://www.amymihaljevic.blogspot.com
    -James Renner

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodBound
    I haven't read the book but I have a couple questions. Who did Amy tell about the phone call to pick out a gift? I'm guessing she told someone because she wasn't seen after leaving to meet this person, right? Any descriptions of either the car or a person she was meeting? Thanks.
    The book isn't out yet, but is going to be out soon. One of the above links has excerpts from the book. She told her friend that she was going to meet a man about the gift, but told her not to tell anyone. After she was gone, the friend told the very next day. There is a description of the man, but I haven't read about a car. She was seen talking with the man at Baskin Robbins, I believe. That was the local hangout for the kids. I find that very unusual that he would meet her in such an open place. Her school got out at 2:10, and she called her mom at 3:00. Her mom assumed she was calling from home. I wonder how long it took her to get from the school to Baskin Robbins. She must have walked because her bike was found at the school. I recommend reading all the links above. This case has lots of twists and turn, IMO, and I'm surprised the killer hasn't been caught. I'm looking forward to the book to see who the author thinks is the killer.

Thanks, taximom. I have posted this in the cold case forum. Unfortunately, this is cold. I hope some new leads come forward from James Renner.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom
    Thanks, taximom. I have posted this in the cold case forum. Unfortunately, this is cold. I hope some new leads come forward from James Renner.
    I just read his blog and he's reporting an interesting call he rec'd as a result of his article! I'm praying.....

This article answers the question of whether anyone saw the car.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...aljevic26.html

Police had no description of the abductor's vehicle, and two girls who last saw Amy talking to the man couldn't agree on a description of him.

Thumbs up Radio discussion about Amy's case

www.wcpn.org

Scroll down to the article about Amy. Click on "Listen" and you can hear this morning's interview with James Renner, Amy's father, local police, FBI and other callers.

I was driving around and missed most of it, and my daughter turned the VCR off without me knowing(taping a local cable channel that airs that station) so I'm glad this interview was at the website!

Thumbs up Radio discussion about Amy's case

www.wcpn.org

Scroll down to the article about Amy. Click on "Listen" and you can hear this morning's interview with James Renner, Amy's father, local police, FBI and other callers.

I was driving around and missed most of it, and my daughter turned the VCR off without me knowing(taping a local cable channel that airs that station) so I'm glad this interview was at the website!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast