942 users online (180 members and 762 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Five firefighters die battling Esperanza fire, Cabazon, 26 Oct 2006

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Being from So Cal and having so many wildfires around us it never numbs the pain of loosing the heros that are out there...so very very sad for the firefighters and their loved ones. I was surprised to hear there are 400 people trapped in an RV park as the only road out is blocked by flames...if they can't stop the fire, how are they going to get them out of there? I know they are saying that due to the high winds the aircraft dumping water is having a difficult time, wonder if the wind is to high to send in some type of aircraft to get the 400 folks that are stranded out of there. So scary!!

Aww, how awful.

They died being hero's, about the only consolation.
    It is what they do, they know the risks but that is heartbreaking.

Hmmm

Just got a BREAKING news bleep on my email a fourth firefighter had died.

Anyone know how the fire started?

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

I don't think they know how it startd.
    I just came out of my office and there were ashes all over it. the smell is really strong here and it is smokey out.

That is so sad......keep us posted!

Paperdoll.. I was going to go ride my bike. Do you think the air down here is so bad that i shouldn't go? It is a bit smokey here, but it just seems we are far enough away. What is it like up by you? maybe I will go up in Aliso Woods instead?
    What do you think?

I live about an 1 and half away from PS and I can see the smoke in the air It's sad we lost 4 fire fighters Prayers going out to their loved ones ...

ETA: I meant to say I live about an hour and 1/2 away, not 1

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    Paperdoll.. I was going to go ride my bike. Do you think the air down here is so bad that i shouldn't go? It is a bit smokey here, but it just seems we are far enough away. What is it like up by you? maybe I will go up in Aliso Woods instead?
    What do you think?
    Bean, I can see the smoke from here.. no ashes yet but then again I didn't really look...

Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll
    Bean, I can see the smoke from here.. no ashes yet but then again I didn't really look...
    Yeah it is pretty smokey down here too..I guess bike riding is not such a good idea. I don't want to suck all that stuff in my lungs.
    I didn't realize there was ash on my car until I went to leave the office. I bet you have it up there too.

Yeah it is pretty smokey down here too..I guess bike riding is not such a good idea. I don't want to suck all that stuff in my lungs.
    I didn't realize there was ash on my car until I went to leave the office. I bet you have it up there too.
    My car is so dirty that ashes would go unnoticed... I really do see the smoke, it's ugly and it's getting worse... I HATE THIS STUFF!!!!

My car is so dirty that ashes would go unnoticed... I really do see the smoke, it's ugly and it's getting worse... I HATE THIS STUFF!!!!
    Yes i actually started a thread in the Jury room earlier just to see who all in SoCal was being impacted by the smoke.
    You'll see the ashes on your windows.

Yes i actually started a thread in the Jury room earlier just to see who all in SoCal was being impacted by the smoke.
    You'll see the ashes on your windows.
    I'll go check out the Jury Room... I do know one of our members here lives in PS.. The name escapes me at the moment and I'm kicking myself for it..

I'll go check out the Jury Room... I do know one of our members here lives in PS.. The name escapes me at the moment and I'm kicking myself for it..
    lol it's Nova. But he hasn't felt any effects.

Just went into the Jury Room and, YUP, Nova was the name..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast