GUILTY CA - Five firefighters die battling Esperanza fire, Cabazon, 26 Oct 2006

Being from So Cal and having so many wildfires around us it never numbs the pain of loosing the heros that are out there...so very very sad for the firefighters and their loved ones. I was surprised to hear there are 400 people trapped in an RV park as the only road out is blocked by flames...if they can't stop the fire, how are they going to get them out of there? I know they are saying that due to the high winds the aircraft dumping water is having a difficult time, wonder if the wind is to high to send in some type of aircraft to get the 400 folks that are stranded out of there. So scary!!

Aww, how awful.

They died being hero's, about the only consolation.
It is what they do, they know the risks but that is heartbreaking.

Just got a BREAKING news bleep on my email a fourth firefighter had died.

Anyone know how the fire started?

I don't think they know how it startd.
I just came out of my office and there were ashes all over it. the smell is really strong here and it is smokey out.

Paperdoll.. I was going to go ride my bike. Do you think the air down here is so bad that i shouldn't go? It is a bit smokey here, but it just seems we are far enough away. What is it like up by you? maybe I will go up in Aliso Woods instead?
What do you think?

I live about an 1 and half away from PS and I can see the smoke in the air :( It's sad we lost 4 fire fighters :( :( Prayers going out to their loved ones ...

ETA: I meant to say I live about an hour and 1/2 away, not 1 :doh: :doh:

JBean said:
Paperdoll.. I was going to go ride my bike. Do you think the air down here is so bad that i shouldn't go? It is a bit smokey here, but it just seems we are far enough away. What is it like up by you? maybe I will go up in Aliso Woods instead?
What do you think?

Bean, I can see the smoke from here.. no ashes yet but then again I didn't really look...

PaperDoll said:
Bean, I can see the smoke from here.. no ashes yet but then again I didn't really look...
Yeah it is pretty smokey down here too..I guess bike riding is not such a good idea. I don't want to suck all that stuff in my lungs.
I didn't realize there was ash on my car until I went to leave the office. I bet you have it up there too.

JBean said:
Yeah it is pretty smokey down here too..I guess bike riding is not such a good idea. I don't want to suck all that stuff in my lungs.
I didn't realize there was ash on my car until I went to leave the office. I bet you have it up there too.

My car is so dirty that ashes would go unnoticed... :doh: I really do see the smoke, it's ugly and it's getting worse... I HATE THIS STUFF!!!! :(

PaperDoll said:
My car is so dirty that ashes would go unnoticed... :doh: I really do see the smoke, it's ugly and it's getting worse... I HATE THIS STUFF!!!! :(
Yes i actually started a thread in the Jury room earlier just to see who all in SoCal was being impacted by the smoke.
You'll see the ashes on your windows.

JBean said:
Yes i actually started a thread in the Jury room earlier just to see who all in SoCal was being impacted by the smoke.
You'll see the ashes on your windows.

I'll go check out the Jury Room... I do know one of our members here lives in PS.. The name escapes me at the moment and I'm kicking myself for it.. :slap: :slap:

PaperDoll said:
I'll go check out the Jury Room... I do know one of our members here lives in PS.. The name escapes me at the moment and I'm kicking myself for it.. :slap: :slap:
lol it's Nova. But he hasn't felt any effects.

Just went into the Jury Room and, YUP, Nova was the name.. :doh: :slap:

JBean said:
I just came out of my office and there were ashes all over it. the smell is really strong here and it is smokey out.
They're saying it was arson. How sad to lose 4 precious lives (and one more is still critical) over ARSON!

I work in Foothill Ranch - I can see smoke in the distance, but no ashes here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15428042/

Don't go biking Bean. LOL Egads, I can't believe someone would actually start a fire, and then especially when the conditions are so dry. Hope they catch these/this dangerous person. Do they usually catch people that start big fires? I remember when they caught the forest ranger up Montana way a couple of years ago.

Stay safe guys. I lived through ash when Mt St Helens blew and that was simply awful, but nothing like the smoke would be from a bif humungous fire like this.

Thinking of you dear Californiaites.

Scandi

JBean said:
This fire was deliberately set by arsonists.. according to the CNN article linked in the first post.

Arson that causes death is intentional homicide. 4 firefighters are dead, a fifth in critical condition. God Bless the families and pray for the one still fighting for his life. The four that have died.... they have died heroes! Thank God we have police and firefighters that put their lives on the line to keep us all safe. When one of them dies in the line of duty, it must be the only thing their families have for consolation. I feel so sad for them today.

You beat me to the info on arson. Just got this in my email.

Subject:
FNC Alert
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:48:23 -0400
BREAKING NEWS<breakingnews@foxnews.com>
To:
BREAKINGNEWS Subscribers<BREAKINGNEWS-Subscribers@foxnews.com>

OFFICIALS SAY ARSON TO BLAME FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WILDFIRE THAT KILLED FOUR FIREFIGHTERS

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com for more

Wonder which property might have been the closest to where the fire WAS STARTED?

There is a guy on the FBI most wanted list that loves fires and bombs.

Check out my thread in the Jury Room.

mssheila said:
This fire was deliberately set by arsonists.. according to the CNN article linked in the first post.

Arson that causes death is intentional homicide. 4 firefighters are dead, a fifth in critical condition. God Bless the families and pray for the one still fighting for his life. The four that have died.... they have died heroes! Thank God we have police and firefighters that put their lives on the line to keep us all safe. When one of them dies in the line of duty, it must be the only thing their families have for consolation. I feel so sad for them today.

Me too... :( :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back