1505 users online (253 members and 1252 guests)  

Websleuths News

Lima,Ohio;Sex offenders to be corralled for Halloween

Link from Fox News;
    link

link

LIMA — Come Saturday for two hours during the city’s Halloween trick-or-treating time, sex offenders in Lima will be rounded up and corralled while children go house to house seeking candy.

In theory I think it's a good idea but I can't see how it could possibly be legal. I wonder how long it's going to be before the registered offenders sue the city of Lima over this one.

Hi Gmommy,
    On Fox News,they said that the offenders ankle monitors are going to be checked to see if they are functioning correctly.They are also going to be given breath tests during that time.It was said that none of the offenders had a problem with it.
    Thank-you for the post.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    The suggestion on rounding up people with a 2nd DUI between 8 PM and 2 AM sounds good to me too. I know he was being sarcastic but I don't think they should be out driving with a history like that.

Good for Lima!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    The suggestion on rounding up people with a 2nd DUI between 8 PM and 2 AM sounds good to me too. I know he was being sarcastic but I don't think they should be out driving with a history like that.
    Yeah, if only! My kids are going to be the embarrassed ones who have a mom who chaperones them every single year they go trick or treating. I don't feel too bad since my neighbor was chaperoning his 13 year old daughter and several of her friends aged 9-13. I gave him candy for putting up with 8 silly girls and for his original costume of concerned dad