NC - Sandra Joyner, 45, dies during plastic surgery, Charlotte, 10 April 2001

2sisters

Reaction score
Wasn't it revenge enough that her former enemy had to get major plastic surgery? that would be enough for me, but then again I don't see myself holding a grudge 30+ years later over a teenage boyfriend
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,225717,00.html
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — For five years, the death of Sandra Baker Joyner after a mini-facelift was attributed to medical error. But last month, investigators proposed a more sinister explanation.

As she lay bandaged in the recovery room, Joyner was poisoned by a nurse anesthetist who believed Joyner had stolen her boyfriend back in high school some 30 years ago, authorities say.

The nurse anesthetist, Sally Jordan Hill, 50, is jailed without bail on first-degree murder charges. On Thursday, prosecutors announced they would not seek the death penalty.

Joyner, 45, had gone to the office of Dr. Peter Tucker in 2001 for a facelift, fat grafts to her lips, and laser therapy on her eyelids and facial scars. But she went into respiratory arrest in the recovery room and was taken to a hospital, where she died several days later after being taken off life support. An autopsy blamed her death on a lack of oxygen to the brain caused by respiratory arrest.

So let me see, 30 years ago "this women" may have "stolen" the boyfriend of the Nurse. She did not even "marry" said stolen boyfriend.

Then this women who "has held a grudge" for 30 years thinks it is appropriate to "murder" this women for an "event that happened so long ago that most likely this "murdered" women did not even remember.

Me thinks the Nurse has "mental health issues".

heres my take on it after reading more. Sally Hill must have been very jealous of Sandra Joyner when they were kids. I caught something in one article about Joyner being a Cheerleader and she was the judge at tryouts for Hill. maybe Joyner cut her from the team. Then the boyfriend thing was the icing on the cake for her. Hill remembers Joyner being a cheerleader and having a letterman boyfriend. Maybe she has never gotten over that. she has some serious issues IMO. Get over it, it was high school.

2sisters said:
heres my take on it after reading more. Sally Hill must have been very jealous of Sandra Joyner when they were kids. I caught something in one article about Joyner being a Cheerleader and she was the judge at tryouts for Hill. maybe Joyner cut her from the team. Then the boyfriend thing was the icing on the cake for her. Hill remembers Joyner being a cheerleader and having a letterman boyfriend. Maybe she has never gotten over that. she has some serious issues IMO. Get over it, it was high school.
I agree, GET OVER IT & she has some serious issues!

cheko1 said:
I agree, GET OVER IT & she has some serious issues!
I mean really, who carries a grudge over a boy for 30 odd years. Come on. I have been out for 10 years and can barely even recall high school grudges after all these years. After college, career, marriage, kids I really don't have enough room in my brain data base to even think about who wronged me and boyfriends who were stolen.

So one is attractive, the other is not.

So the "unattractive ones" murders the attractive one, to "feel superior" in control of her, god like feeling, of controlling if this women lived or died.

Poor self esteem and "serious problems".

My God, it is so scary that people are so ill, and no one knows until they are victimized by them.

BillyGoatGruff said:
I'm not even sure anything illegal happened in this case.

From what I read of the story, Former Classmate Jealous Woman was the nurse at the outpatient surgery, and when the patient (Boyfriend Stealing Girl/Other Woman) went into respiratory arrest in the recovery room...Nurse stood by and did nothing, didn't notify doctor, etc, etc, so it was gross negligence medically speaking...and apparently motivated by the memories of the past.

Enough to make anyone think twice about going "under..."

I don't understand how someone could carry such a stupid grudge that many years. Y'all are right, she has some serious mental issues that she couldn't get over it. Besides, the guy is probably fat, bald, and ugly now.

Texana said:
From what I read of the story, Former Classmate Jealous Woman was the nurse at the outpatient surgery, and when the patient (Boyfriend Stealing Girl/Other Woman) went into respiratory arrest in the recovery room...Nurse stood by and did nothing, didn't notify doctor, etc, etc, so it was gross negligence medically speaking...and apparently motivated by the memories of the past.

Enough to make anyone think twice about going "under..."
No, (according to the evidence, and her own admission in the case of one fact) the nurse gave a large dose of fentanyl, without the doctor's permission. Not only that, but she allegedly turned off an alarm that would have alerted other nurses to the fact that the patient was in respirtory arrest. She allegedly directly killed Sandra Baker Joyner. Bear with me, the info is scattered across more than one news story. I had to subscribe to the newspaper to be able to pull up the stories again, I'd closed them. (She is still in the process of being tried, the courts have not yet proven their case and convicted her, so she is alledged to have done these things for now... Some things she did admit too though.)

Article 1 Article 2 Article 3
Article 1 said:
The medical board blamed Hill for Joyner's death, calling her "grossly negligent" in administering fentanyl without the plastic surgeon's permission and for taking too long to alert the doctor that Joyner was having problems. The plastic surgeon took responsibility for the death in a 2003 agreement with the board but kept his license. Hill gave hers up.
Article 2 said:
At the time, Hill told the Observer that she had given Joyner fentanyl, a painkiller that authorities say caused her death. Hill said she had previously been told to give the drug to patients and had been "tormented" by Joyner's death. She said she'd been fired after the death.
Article 3 said:
Former nurse anesthetist Sally Jordan Hill turned off an alarm that would have alerted co-workers that her patient -- former Olympic High classmate Sandra Baker Joyner -- was having trouble breathing, a police detective said in court Monday.

She also gave Joyner more of a potent painkiller than first believed and admitted altering a log that records use of the drug, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Detective Chuck Henson said.

Sally Hill: No trial date set even after three years
Posted: Mar 15, 2010 12:52 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 15, 2010 6:20 PM EDT

By Sharon Smith - bio l email

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Sally Jordan Hill was arrested in September 2006 and charged with killing a high school rival. The former nurse anesthetist was accused of giving Sandra Joyner a lethal dose of medicine following plastic surgery in 2001.

The case made national headlines, and even landed a spread in "People" magazine. The story became more sensational when it came to light Hill may have been holding a 30 year grudge after Joyner stole her boyfriend.

Today, Hill is out on bond still awaiting trial. There is no scheduled court date on the docket, which means, if innocent, Hill will have to wait longer to clear her name.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12143178

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back