1148 users online (162 members and 986 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IL - Newborn found dead in trash, 14yo charged, Sauk Village, 26 Oct 2006

http://www.comcast.net/news/national...tn_teencharged

I just can't even believe this world anymore!!!

This world is such an awful place anymore. I cannot fathom why people hurt kids. Why didn't this teenager give this child up for adoption? She chose to murder the baby, now she's has to pay the piper. She should have thought about the consequences. I don't care how young she is, she was old enough (in her eyes) to have sex. She will have to live with what she has done for the rest of her life. I hope she gets charged as an adult. She must pay for what she has done.

Not all 14 year olds are wise or mature enough to make important decisions about sex, which is why there are laws to protect them. Whoever impregnated this girl is guilty of statutory rape, whether she consented or not. Does it excuse her from killing her newborn? Absolutely not. But I don't think it's fair to judge her by the same standards we'd apply to a grown woman. She's little more than a child herself.

How can a 14 year-old be charged as an adult?

either they have a difference between adult and child charges or they don't.

The teen delivered the baby by herself and didn't tell anyone in her house, Mountford said.

terrible thing to have happened. i'd be interested to know the back-story as to why she didn't confide in her family. it seems like she wasn't amongst those she felt could trust.

wonder if the baby was a result of rape?

wonder if the father was a relative?

My prayers and love to both of these little girls.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Some more to the story:

Now police are trying to find out what happened to the child, dubbed Baby Girl Brown.

The young mother's sister had found the baby in a garbage can in the garage, authorities said.

A neighbor on the street, in a curvy subdivision lined with giant trees and split-level houses, said the homeowners are grandparents who are strict with the four children living with them.
    "The grandmother was so adamant about watching her kids," said Treza Rodgers, whose son is friends with one of them.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/113825,1NWS1-27.article

A 14-year-old Sauk Village girl suffocated her newborn daughter Wednesday to keep her mother from knowing about the birth -- even though her younger sister gave birth two weeks earlier, police said.
    The girl has been charged as a juvenile with first-degree murder and concealing a murder, Police Chief Thomas Lacheta said.

The girl was afraid that the birth would upset her mother, Lacheta said.

An autopsy revealed milk in the child's digestive system, indicating that the young mother had tried to feed her, Mountford said.

He said police don't think anyone else in the family took part in the killing. None of the girl's eight siblings or her mother knew that she was pregnant or gave birth, Holevis said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...baby28.article

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    Some more to the story:

Now police are trying to find out what happened to the child, dubbed Baby Girl Brown.

The young mother's sister had found the baby in a garbage can in the garage, authorities said.

A neighbor on the street, in a curvy subdivision lined with giant trees and split-level houses, said the homeowners are grandparents who are strict with the four children living with them.
    "The grandmother was so adamant about watching her kids," said Treza Rodgers, whose son is friends with one of them.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/113825,1NWS1-27.article

A 14-year-old Sauk Village girl suffocated her newborn daughter Wednesday to keep her mother from knowing about the birth -- even though her younger sister gave birth two weeks earlier, police said.
    The girl has been charged as a juvenile with first-degree murder and concealing a murder, Police Chief Thomas Lacheta said.

The girl was afraid that the birth would upset her mother, Lacheta said.

An autopsy revealed milk in the child's digestive system, indicating that the young mother had tried to feed her, Mountford said.

He said police don't think anyone else in the family took part in the killing. None of the girl's eight siblings or her mother knew that she was pregnant or gave birth, Holevis said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...baby28.article
    Thanks for the link. I too have lots of questions. Who's the father? Was she raped? Why did noone in that house know or notice? This story is just heartbreaking.

H0NEYWEST is offline I have a .38 and an ocelot ~ they're both loaded
    ...even though her younger sister gave birth two weeks earlier...
    WTF?????

Quote Originally Posted by H0NEYWEST
    WTF?????

So the younger sister would have been 12/13?

makes you think there is something going on within the family. maybe?

Apparently the grandmother was not " very adament about watching them" or two kids would not have ended up pregnant, and this baby would not have died.

WTF? Noone in the family knew the girl was pregnant?

Let me see: In my opinion, this is a very good reason why sex education, should be mandatory for all girls from Grade 7 up.

I put money that since "her younger" sister gave birth two weeks earlier, these two girls "had not idea" that they could get pregnant and how to prevent pregnancy and had very poor self esteem issues.

Our son started to learn about sex ed in Grade 7 and that was "reinforced" by Dad. The school even gave out condoms. Kids in Grade 7 and Grade 8 were having "oral" sex which could leave to "full sex".

We leave "Condoms" in a drawer, just in case, and he is free to help himself if and when he wants.

As long as there are "children" who are taken advantge of there will be this type of situation.

Shame leads to violence. An immature "child" cannot appreciate the consequences of what she has done. She does not see the 'baby" as a real human being. Just a problem that she has to get "rid of".

The states that are the most religious, are the states with the most teenage pregancy, STD, because teaching "sex ed" in their opinion "just makes kids want to have sex, but gee, they have the highest teen pregancy and STD, just by conicidence.

Other states that teach sex ed, do not have the same numbers of unwanted pregancies and STD. Go figure..........

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    So the younger sister would have been 12/13?

makes you think there is something going on within the family. maybe?
    That's what I was wondering. Also, this girl may have hidden her pregnancy because of the way the family reacted to the younger sister's being pregnant.
    Just guessing here.

I see they took all 8 children out of the house.

I would never condone murdering a newborn but I believe something wrong must have been going on in this household. For 2 children to be pregnant and no one realize says alot to me about how these girls have been raised. It broke my heart to read about this and I can't help but feel sorry for this child. Hopefully she will get the help she so obviously needs and maybe DSS will take a look at these parents and get the other kids out of there!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    ....Shame leads to violence. An immature "child" cannot appreciate the consequences of what she has done. She does not see the 'baby" as a real human being. Just a problem that she has to get "rid of"....
    Excellent post - especially this part.

What in the world was going on in that house? Nothing good, I suspect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast