1215 users online (258 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Don't foget to change your clocks!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but as it relates to time change TONIGHT,
    here goes. It's just an amusing story.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061027...nclocksoffbeat
    kk

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44268

Stan vbmenu_register("postmenu_1219186", true);

... Don't forget everyone!!!!!

... An extra hour to partay tonight!!!!

Whoops, diddley do, we need to join threads MOD LOL

Cute story, but it would be a weekend you'd never forget. Cater in is what I would say, and then I'd take that extra hour to have a bit of bubbly to celebrate getting the job done on time. YaYa

Scandi

I found a new loathing for daylight savings when I had kids.

Their sleep schedule that I can count on is one small way I am able to keep my sanity and the twice a year clock changes always screw things up one way or another. Tomorrow morning when they wake me up at 5 a.m. because their bodies and brains think it's 6 a.m., I will once again curse whoever came up with the idea.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Hi Southcitymom,

I think we change our clocks back tomorrow night, Sunday, when we go to bed. It will be Monday morning when they wake you up at 5am. LOL

Scandi

I don't think so...

Miss Scandi,
    I do believe it is tonight. As in 2am tonight. So it's technically Sunday. That's maybe why you thot it was Sunday nite/Mon morn.

They always change it on the weekend so as not to throw off people work days monday morning.

Also, this is the last time it will be in October, as they've changed it now.
    Next year it will be ealier (march i think) and later (november it think)
    Great!! just when i started to get the hang of it!

kk

Quote Originally Posted by wannabesleuthkk
    Miss Scandi,
    I do believe it is tonight. As in 2am tonight. So it's technically Sunday. That's maybe why you thot it was Sunday nite/Mon morn.

They always change it on the weekend so as not to throw off people work days monday morning.

kk
    That's annoying to know. here in Europe we always Spring Forward a week ahead of the States, but we Fall Back the same week. sooo, i wonder how things will pan out next year?

matters to me because i do video chat most nights with my American cousin and we fix it at 7:30 p.m./10:30 a.m. it throws us out one week a year. or has done up till now.

and this weekend means Sunday Night/Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Hi Southcitymom,

I think we change our clocks back tomorrow night, Sunday, when we go to bed. It will be Monday morning when they wake you up at 5am. LOL

Scandi
    Now I'm even MORE depressed!

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    Hi Southcitymom,

Scandi
    NOPE, sorry scandi

At 2 a.m. on October 29, groggy Americans will turn their clocks back one hour, marking the end of Daylight Saving Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl
    NOPE, sorry scandi

At 2 a.m. on October 29, groggy Americans will turn their clocks back one hour, marking the end of Daylight Saving Time.
    Whew!

Night Owls, we

They always say "change your clocks back before you go to bed"
    Well they must not know us around here. 2am is like evening for me. and 1oclock in the afternoon is like morning.
    I always wait til the next day anyway when i watch the news, then remember, then run around and change em all.
    kk

Miss Scandi,

kk
    You're right kk,

From 1986 to 2006 this has been the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it will be observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time.

They always say "change your clocks back before you go to bed"
    Well they must not know us around here. 2am is like evening for me. and 1oclock in the afternoon is like morning.
    I always wait til the next day anyway when i watch the news, then remember, then run around and change em all.
    kk
    I'll do mine tonight, aside from the clocks, everything from the coffee-maker, T.V.'s, recorders, phones, Microwave/oven (what did I leave out?)

Oh yeah, my car At least the Internet & cell phones do it for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Floh
    That's annoying to know. here in Europe we always Spring Forward a week ahead of the States, but we Fall Back the same week. sooo, i wonder how things will pan out next year?

matters to me because i do video chat most nights with my American cousin and we fix it at 7:30 p.m./10:30 a.m. it throws us out one week a year. or has done up till now.

and this weekend means Sunday Night/Saturday morning.
    Floh, until you mentioned about Europe, I hadn't realized that so looked it up.

In the European Union, Summer Time begins and ends at 1:00 a.m. Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time). It begins the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday in October. In the EU, all time zones change at the same moment.

The I read this:
    • Today, approximately 70 countries utilize Daylight Saving Time in at least a portion of the country. Japan and India are the only major industrialized countries that do not observe some form of daylight saving.
    Not the tropics

• Equatorial and tropical countries (lower latitudes) generally do not observe Daylight Saving Time. Since the daylight hours are similar during every season, there is no advantage to moving clocks forward during the summer. China has had a single time zone since May 1, 1980, observing summer Daylight Saving Time from 1986 through 1991; they do not observe DST now.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom
    I found a new loathing for daylight savings when I had kids.

Their sleep schedule that I can count on is one small way I am able to keep my sanity and the twice a year clock changes always screw things up one way or another. Tomorrow morning when they wake me up at 5 a.m. because their bodies and brains think it's 6 a.m., I will once again curse whoever came up with the idea.
    We changed our clocks last night too.
    South, it drives you crazy when you have kids....now instead of wonderboy going to bed at 8, it will end up being 9.
    Just makes the day longer when you have kids, its good after a while but takes a bit of getting used to at first.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast